• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My Methadone To Suboxone Transition. (for pain) (ok, I admit I'm Addicted too)

CfZrx

Bluelighter
This week I will take my last methadone dose on Monday at about 12noon. Supposedly on Tuesday my doc will strap on a Fentanyl patch to bridge the gap to Suboxoneland, which they planned for Thursday, but I will need it to be Friday, as on Thursday morning I need to speak in front of people at work, and I'm guessing they were thinking I'd take off the fent patch on Wed night and come in kicken like a chicken on Thursday. Support is appreciated as I trudge through this ordeal. Oh yeah, I've been a Kratom devotee for at least 3 years, so I guess I'll take my last dose 15-20 hours before the sub. Feedback on this is needed.
Thanks team BL!
p.s. if sub sucks for my pain, I will consider transitioning to the methadone clinic, which is apparently coming to town soon! my doctor would have an aneurysm if I mentioned this, so I'll not bring that up. :D

if you were put on methadone originally for pain, and switching to sub for addiction reasons, I would definitely expect some pain on the transition. subs may work at covering certain withdrawal aches, ( still hard pressed to imagine a smooth transition from a high dose of methadone to subs though just off withdrawal alone ), but I can't imagine them being a good replacement for pain management for something severe enough to get you onto methadone in the first place. I guess that's the idea with fent patch but perhaps you can have them keep you on the fent a day or two longer. not sure exactly your situation so hard to say, not sure why subs are the switch if pain patient even if dependant. good luck man, rooting for. ya.

if you were put on methadone originally for pain, and switching to sub for addiction reasons, I would definitely expect some pain on the transition. subs may work at covering certain withdrawal aches, ( still hard pressed to imagine a smooth transition from a high dose of methadone to subs though just off withdrawal alone ), but I can't imagine them being a good replacement for pain management for something severe enough to get you onto methadone in the first place. I guess that's the idea with fent patch but perhaps you can have them keep you on the fent a day or two longer. not sure exactly your situation so hard to say, not sure why subs are the switch if pain patient even if dependant. good luck man, rooting for. ya.
Hey LB! I am on 15 mg methadone, so a very small dose. I am officially taking both for chronic pain. I just say addiction, because behind the scenes I've been known to inject a few Dilaudid here, a filtered MS Contin there, plugged and injected morphine for a year straight, but since methadone I've been pretty much of a choir boy :)
------------------------------
NOW, the fooking reason. My doctor said that across the board they are tapering patients off opioids "because studies show they don't work". So I sniffed the wind, and decided rather than a slow taper, I would give suboxone a try. If it sucks, by that time I will probably have the MRI I'm waiting on my insurance to approve, to be able to see my old pain clinic again, and I will go see about getting them to write for methadone again. We'll see. Buprenorphine is known as a POWERHOUSE painkiller in small doses. Look at Transtec for moderate to severe pain! I will give it a go. It will be nice to not have the doctor up in my business to the extent that comes with methadone.