• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My LP (licensed producer) wants to help me grow weed?!

Thomas Davie

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I'm a Canadian MMJ user/patient and access my weed from government approved/vetted private production facilities. It's the only legal way to currently get MJ in Canada at the moment.

Well, just yesterday some new rules were handed down by the government pertaining to accessibility to medicine. We're now allowed to grow 5 indoor/2 outdoor plants per g of MJ prescribed per day. A 3 g/day patient would be allowed to grow 15 plants indoor/6 plants outdoor.

Most LP's are obviously hoping that few of the patients will turn to home cultivation because that would mean less money for them to make. Some LP's (mine included) have sent out emails advertising renting growing space/equipment and clones along with oversite to grow MJ. Apparently it falls under a designated caregiver definition. The <J you produce can be tested for strength and contamination(s).

I'm limited to the genetics that my LP would provide (no idea of the offerings yet) and I've got no idea what would happen if I produce an amount exceeding my prescription. Also, you're not allowed to buy and grow at the same time, which is bad because the LP weed is actually very good, strong and cheap.

If you're a Canadian medical patient you might want to consider this.

Tom

have you ever grown it yourself? if not, can tell you, it's a joy to see plants grow, especially healthy big outdoor plants. nothing better than a 2m tall flowering ganja plant :)