• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My horrible Halloween Xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

weedlover7890

Greenlighter
On Saturday night my friends and I spent hours getting ready for a Halloween party. I have horrible anxiety and when I'm in large groups of people my body starts shaking and I start to have an anxiety attack. I usually take a bar right before I go out to clubs or party's. I'm aware and responsible on them as long as I only take one. My girlfriends said they had a person I could get some bars off of. Since my connect was not answering, I agreed to let her drive me to him and get them. I'm a very very tiny girl. I'm 5'2 and weigh 89 pounds. So taking anything more than Xanax would prevent me from going out. The bag the guy put the Xanax in had skulls on the back. I payed 5 a pop, 4 bars total. Thank god I only took one, when I was planning on taking another one in a couple hours. Ten minutes after popping that pill my heartbeat was going crazy. It was sooo fast I tried to regulate my breathing by taking slow breaths. My vision was blurry and i was shivering and shaking out of control. Clearly I was overdosing from something that was NOT Xanax. I have my medical marijuana card so I was high already before that hit. I was really hot then really cold. I had three big duvets on me and the air blasting at 69 F. My girlfriends made me take water shots until I threw up. I kept drinking and throwing up for hours. After I took a charcoal and continued to throw up the rest of it. It's Tuesday and I'm still feeling a little out of it. My heart aches so much when I laugh or talk loud. My balance is also off and I'm exhausted. At the time everyone thought it was laced with acid. But the day after I looked up what Xanax is commonly laced with and it said fentanyl. I had all the side affects of an overdose on fentanyl except seizures and death (obviously.) I was curious if anyone else had some suggestions of what it could have been laced with. I had no clue Xanax could be laced with anything!!

Inb4lock..

It was just dumb to induce vomiting at all let alone that much after ingesting a pill.. Let alone a quick dissolving pill like xanax. Or whatever it was.. It obviously had already made it to your blood stream.

So for HR sake people don't induce vomiting.. Like ever.. Unless told to do so by poison control.

Inb4lock..

It was just dumb to induce vomiting at all let alone that much after ingesting a pill.. Let alone a quick dissolving pill like xanax. Or whatever it was.. It obviously had already made it to your blood stream.

So for HR sake people don't induce vomiting.. Like ever.. Unless told to do so by poison control.

Could you explain why it is a bad idea to vomit in this situation?

^ Just not very likely to help with the likely drugs in question which are rapidly absorbed in the GI tract or sublingually.

We cannot possibly tell you what was in your pill (these threads are forbidden because the speculation is basically pointless and can only get people hurt, possibly.) So these threads strictly speaking aren't allowed but I'd like to take the opportunity to make a few points before the thread is closed -

"Xanax" these days are quite often counterfeit pills which can contain just about anything, including alprazolam (actual XANAX™) but sometimes in doses substantially higher or lower than a genuine pill, and laced with other things including, rather absurdly and dangerously, fentanyl and various analogues (which are cheaply and readily had, although alprazolam genuinely has been as well; perhaps the fentanyl XANAX pills were a hiccup in the plan when there was a drought of alprazolam, I don't follow the markets really, who knows, as I said, this is useless speculation), but this thread does serve an important purpose, to remind people that pills that appear to be genuine pharmaceuticals are not necessarily so in this day and age, they may not be the drug in question or may not even be in the same class, which is almost certainly what you experienced; what you have had might very well symptomatically speaking not been fentanyl, although the marijuana was very likely contributing to some of the problems (fast heart beat and panic attack symptoms, etc.) Sometimes these fake pills are visibly fake (chalky, not well pressed), sometimes they're well-done, it's hard to tell.

That's the first harm reduction message. The second harm reduction message is don't buy drugs online, and don't buy drugs form people who get their drugs online. This is where these counterfeits are coming from. Anything sourced from the so-called "darknet" is suspect and you (or your dealer or intermediary or middleman or whoever) doesn't really know who they're dealing with and there is a very great deal of sketchiness and extremely dangerous stuff going around there, cf. as I mentioned fentanyl being readily available. If you want xanax, make sure it's the real deal; actually, and this is just a guess, not based on hard evidence, XANAX™ bars in the classical appearance, brand name ones, rather than generics which may look different, are perhaps more likely to be counterfeited as they are a famous design and might command a higher price. What you want is stuff that's actually sourced from a pharmacy, one way or another, from a friend with a prescription to something larger scale. What you don't want is junk bought off the supposed "darknet," and I'd discourage doing business with anyone who sources their drugs from there for the same reason. It's also a possible (but not always reliable) indicator that the person is an amateur without real connections, as anyone can buy drugs off the Internet these days. These people are extremely dangerous due to their lack of knowledge and competence.

You can buy "test kits," which were originally developed for "E" pills but now can detect all sorts of things, including alprazolam, by putting some chemicals on a little piece of the pill and seeing it change color. These are legal and quite easy to obtain if you're so inclined, and if you buy pills of any kind "on the street" and don't know the source it's wise to be able to do it. It's not very expensive and as a rule if you can afford the drugs you can afford the equipment (test kits, precise scales, clean needles, whatever it is) needed to do so safely.

I'm a little late on this one, but SKL is right. Any information that we could provide you regarding what was in your pill would be pure speculation and would in no way serve you or the rest of the community positively. I will say this regarding "Xanax Bars": they are a pretty hot commodity. Everyone knows them and wants them and they're essentially the poster child for Benzodiazepine abuse. This has led many unscrupulous business people to start cranking out counterfeit "Bars" to take advantage of the demand. Sometimes they contain Alprazolam, sometimes they contain another Benzodiazepine and in other cases, like yours, they containg something totally different.

It's much like how OxyContin 80mg pills were so popular that dealers capitalized on the demand by making fake pills with the cheaper and more potent ingredient, Fentanyl. You just want to be careful of who you're buying drugs from. I know it sounds pretty ridiculous, but I usually get vibes from people one way or the other when I deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.