• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My goldfish requires some assistance...regarding methadone and kratom

jstone84

Greenlighter
Requires some assistance...regarding methadone and kratom

Hey there ya'll

I've visited this site for years...but until tonight I've never joined in.

My goldfish finds himself with quite a health dilemma.

He isn't opiate naive by a long shot- but lately has only been using Kratom (Past two months).

This morning he randomly inherited a 5mg. Methadone tab. He took it around 15 hours ago.
Daily he uses about 30-50 g. of Kratom a day.

He is experiencing random rebound pain and would like to add 5 g. of Kratom at this point to his system.

If he does so...will he be safe?
Or will I find a very deceased goldfish in the morning?

Thank you in advance...I'm really not sure why it took so long to post...but I've always really liked this community.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine man.

Edit: And welcome to bluelight, we don't use "swim" or the like here :)

Last edited:
This site doesn't allow silly talk about "goldfish" and "SWIY". It's obviously not fooling anybody, especially LEOs.

But besides that...

Accoglienza
Bienvenidos
Bienvenue
Willkommen
Welcome, breh.

Last edited:
My apologies. Could you please suggest the preferred method to ask? After all... My only intention is harm reduction here. I believe the rules suggest to use anonymity as much as possible... Also if you do have any feedback regarding my actual question... It would be quite welcome. Leo's, eh?

Look around the forum. People use the first-person singular pronouns, "I" and "me".

LEO = Law Enforcement Officer

I told you man, you'll probably be fine. That's a pretty small dose of methadone - are you still feeling heavy effects? If not I don't think 5 grams of kratom would be anything to be concerned about.

As far as posting goes it's okay to just say you're talking about yourself. The only thing I think that is against the rules is to talk about you doing a drug right that moment. Talking about drugs you did is fine.

Edit: I'd also like to add that it would be wise not to underestimate how much plain leaf kratom by itself can raise your tolerance to other opioids. It is certainly not as weak as some less objective literature on the web would have you believe. I have experienced the very significant tolerance boosting effects of plain leaf kratom first hand.

Last edited:
Awesome... Thanks for clarifying dudes... I really appreciate it
I had light effects For about six hours... Other than that very little... Even pain control. I do have a rocket speed metabolism though. Ive read that in some cases the half-life of methadone may be dramatically sped up or slowed down based on metabolism
..either way. I'm grateful for the input
Thanks again... And yeah... No more fish... I promise. :)

Not a medication I have much experience with. Stuck to the shorter acting variety

Last edited:
I would definitely space out the methadone and other opiates by a time span of at the very least 12 hours if you are questioning your tolerance. A lot of people underestimate how powerful methadone is.

I only had the single 5 mg methadone. Waited 15 hours and took five grams of crushed leaf Bali kratom... Its the only dose of kratom I plan to take for at least four to ten hours from now... This strike everybody as acceptably safe? As I said Ive only taken methadone three times in my life and the other time was a decade ago. Should I be able to resume pretty much the same kratom amounts as usual tommorow? As in sixteen hours from now (that would be around 30 hours since taking the methadone).

Note : while the methadone isn't something I have much experience with Ive used most common opiates like oxy habitually for several years... I switched from hydro to kratom a couple months ago. Just wanted to add to hopefully paint a more accurate tolerance picture.

Thanks again folks!

Updates:
First.... Sorry to have double posted earlier... I guess it didn't register when I read the rules registering. Got it now.

Okay so I took the kratom... 5g 4 hours ago. Clearly I seem okay. Albeit slightly paranoid. Obviously methadone isn't a good fit for me. Wondering if I could now confidently sleep without worry. Of OD

Time since methadone : 21 Hours. Kratom 4 hours. I would almost like to take a bit more kratom but I'm gonna wait for some opinions first I think.

Last edited: