• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My girlfriend's nose is completely clogged, how can she insufflate Oxymorphone?

velocity92c

Bluelighter
We have a very strange problem at the moment, my girlfriend's nose is so clogged that she literally can't even snort hard enough to get any of the powder into her nose. It's an Opana 40 XR which means IV is out of the question. Does anyone have any quick home remedies that may clear her nose up? She tried taking a hot shower, using Benzedrex, and just took some allergy medicine. I have never seen a nose so clogged that it couldn't snort a pill into it before but she really doesn't want to eat it so I'm hoping someone has a quick trick up their sleeve for us.

I had the bright idea of breaking off a needle tip, putting the ground up pill into it with some water and putting it up her nose that way but remembered that Opana XR gels very badly. Came very close to wasting it. Hopefully someone can help.

I used to get the same problem.

Xylometazoline hydrochloride spray helps immensely. (Where I live it comes under the sudafed or otrivine brand names).

I'm hoping for some kind of home remedy as there isn't much as far as medication laying around here and the closest 24 hour pharmacy is a 40 minute drive. She has some saline nasal spray that has sodium chloride and phenylcarbinol with benzalkonium chloride for preservatives which had no real effect. I wish we had an onion or a spicy pepper laying around here somewhere.

If the Opana ER gels up horribly in water something tells me it won't do any good snorting it. Furthermore snorting into a clogged nose means most of your drug is going to get caught in snot and won't contact the mucous membrane, i.e. be wasted. If you can break the extended release then plug it, else eat it.

I've never had any problems snorting it before, I just remember trying to work it up the very first time I ever got it and it turned to goop in the spoon. We just found some habanero sauce which is super spicy, put some on a cracker and it literally burned my tongue and hers but it didn't clear her up at all. It's just a bummer since I already did my half of the pill and she can't get high with me.

Well if the extended release mechanism is just broken by crushing it up then I would suggest plugging it.

a-otrivin2-se.jpg

.... might just be canadian though, if so, i apologize. but one hell of a product.

This is what we ended up doing;

I took a tooter stick (a pen with the top and bottom removed), made a little funnel out of a piece of paper that went into the tooter stick, had her lay down on her back with her head extending past the bed so her nose could be straight up in the air, put the grinded up opana into the funnel and let it go straight down her nostrils. Even though her nose was so stopped up she couldn't inhale through it AT ALL, the opana appeared to disappear into her nose hole and she said she felt it almost immediately. May not have been the most ideal plan we've ever had but it appears to have worked for now. Next stop is the allergy doctor.

A "blocked nose" is usually a result of the tissues being inflamed rather than a "blockage" of mucus/catarrh. Snorting a pill thus isn't going to end up with it getting caught in snot.

this is a problem i have ran into many times, but it can be easily solved by using a vics inhaler, they cost around $2 and are availlible and any pharmacy

If your girlfriend's nose is clogged up to the point of not being able to breathe through it, why would you think that funneling more Opana into it, is going to help you, at all? I know us junkies tend to go to great lengths to get the drugs in us, but I think it is time for a reality check with you guys.

She needs to lay off insufflating ANYTHING for a while. Let her nose heal, as mentioned before it is probably due to inflammed tissue rather than powder/mucus blockage. You need to switch ROAs, or switch drugs. Or lay off drugs all together for a bit. Sometimes things get to a point where a break is in order.

You mentioned going to an allergy doctor.. What exactly do you plan to gain from that? I dont think her problem is allergies.. Are you going to tell the doc that her nose is clogged from blowing way too many Opana ERs? (Which have the tendency to gel and get stuck, in the first place..)

Not trying to be a dick or anything, I just seriously think that in order for your g/f to continue sniffing opanas (or anything for that matter), a LONG abstinence is necessary to let it un-clog and repair some of the damage.

When doing lines, the best idea is to use some saline nasal spray after each line. This helps any residual powder get dissolved and out of your nasal passage. It also helps keep your nose moist, which will help slow tissue/capillary damage, which is what causes these permanent problems in the first place.

Has she tried a Neti-pot? They are apparently very effective at un-clogging noses.

Has she tried a Neti-pot? They are apparently very effective at un-clogging noses.
That's what I thought but it wouldn't be that useful if it's due swollen tissue.

That's what I thought but it wouldn't be that useful if it's due swollen tissue.

Yeah you are correct. But we don't know for a fact if it IS in fact due to swollen tissue, so in the case that she DID happen to just be incredibly congested and compacted with powder, a Neti Pot could definitely help

Also neti-pots are apparently very successful in regards to insufflation durg users. Some people have told me that before and after each session they'd use it and it would help keep their nose moist and clear it right out. I haven't personally used one, so I can't say for sure.

I don't use opana, but in regards to pills that don't gel up when snorted, or stuff like coke/heroin/mephedrone, etc. I try to use some kind of nasal spray after each coupla lines in order to keep your nose moist throughout the session. This lessens the probability of excessive dryness, which causes your nose to dry out and have your capillaries die out.

It is tricky with oxymorphone since it gels when in contact with water. Otherwise I would DEFINITELY say to make a liquid solution, with known mg/mL, and use a saline nasal spray bottle to administer it nasally.

if you have the money afrin works best imo, either that or boil up some water and breath the steam in

I used to have this same problem, its awful when you are looking down at a pile of whatever powder knowing you cant effectively snort it because it feels like there is cement in your nose. The best remedy is oxymetazoline HCL nasal spray. it is also the option with the most potential for rebound effects. try using that stuff for a week straight then going cold turkey and it literally feels like there is cement in your sinuses.

Another thing that works is horseraddish. put a little on the middle of your tongue and do the best you can to push air out of your nose so the vapors can get up there. And if all else fails you can take your two fingers and plug your nose and force your nose to open for a second which actually might be able to let her get a line or two up there.

Whoa whoa whoa, I think some of you have the wrong idea here. My girlfriend's nose is clogged because of 2 things, one she has terrible allergies, two she has bronchitis right now. The only reason we even got the pills was to help her feel better. Obviously that's not an ideal solution but I'm sure we're not the only ones that use opiates to coast through an illness, especially a sinus infection. She's only done Opana about 10 times in her LIFE, so don't think her clogged nose has anything to do with a drug problem, lol. Also Opana was her first insufflated drug ever, no previous history.

We're having the same problem again today. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to plug Opana due to its anti-injection mechanism? I was thinking about mixing up a line with a little bit of water, breaking off the tip of a needle and shooting it in her butt like that but we have NO experience with plugging at all. At this point we're ready to try it because she is absolutely miserable and NOTHING is unclogging her nose. I've never seen a nose this clogged. She's ready to just eat a small piece of a pill but I have a feeling even if the bioavailability is the same orally she won't feel much better due to the mental aspect of not snorting it.