View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My girlfriends first trip

Psychedstoner

Bluelighter
I'm a semi regular user of LSD, but my girlfriend has never tried any psychedelic. I have some potent ass blotters that are claimed to be 125ug but I honestly believe they're stronger than that. One tab with no tolerance is enough to make me trip HARD. My girlfriend is interested in tripping but is also very scared. Ive tried explaining to her that you have to be in a good mindset and if you're scared of a bad trip, you're probably going to have a bad trip. Her idea is this: she wants to microdose a few times to get a feel for it. I hold the personal belief that you if you're going to trip, you should actually trip. But I realize everyone is different and different strokes for different folks and what not. So my question is, what do you brilliant bluelighters recommend? How much of one tab should she take for her first time? Again, these tabs are pretty damn potent, best I've ever found anywhere.

You are very wise (not to mention kind) to raise these questions now. In fact, your girlfriend is right - establishing comfortable psychedelic equilibrium is a very sensible first objective.

The first order of business with any psychedelic substance is to avoid taking too much, which can easily cause a bad trip. Some people have a MUCH lower tolerance to psychedelics than others. For example, the people you're with are all taking 2-3 tabs (or grams of mushrooms) and having a great time, and you can only safely handle 1/4 of that. This is PERFECTLY NORMAL. Tolerance varies RADICALLY from person to person. You (and/or your girlfriend) can avoid ever having a bad trip. Here's how.

Never listen to ANYONE concerning dose. Each person must establish their own tolerance. This is done by trial and error. Start off with 1/4 tab, and if that goes well, next time try 1/2. Follow this procedure for every substance. Mind that 1/2 tab of one substance might well be MUCH stronger than 1/2 of another, so even if you did well with 1/2 of one, you can easily find yourself in over your head if you take 1/2 tab of something else. Always test each batch of each substance yourself, first.

People disagree with me and I'm fine with that, but never smoke weed when your tripping. That can (easily) cause a bad trip, and it's happened to me repeatedly. Also, mushrooms are high anxiety for a lot of people, so steer clear of those until you are much more experienced.

My advice is to start off with 1/4 tab. With little or no result, a week later try 1/2, which should be plenty. Never advance more than 1/4 tab at a time after that, and dose only once in a session. I would dose a few times at the same level once comfortable tolerance is reached. Finally, avoid tripping in public. Pick a calm, familiar environment, and a nice sunny day.

Best wishes now and always.

Seen this? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTehpkc1PNY

Last edited:
Thank you mr Peabody for your advice and kind words. Despite recommendations of 1/4th tab we've decided to split a tab down the middle and trip tomorrow. She wants the full experience which can be achieved with half of one of these blotters. The setting will be perfect (my house, good music, candles, laser light effects, very familiar, familiar movies, etc) we've decided to trip at night as I'm about to be leaving on a trip and we're pulling an all nighter to spend the most time together before i leave. I appreciate your input but 1/2 a tab is what she wants to do now (sudden change of heart, idk but I'm rolling with it). I cant wait to watch that video while we trip, I love a good nature Montage.

Speaking of which, I have something I'd like to share with you as well, Mr. Peabody...

Thank you mr Peabody for your advice and kind words. Despite recommendations of 1/4th tab we've decided to split a tab down the middle and trip tomorrow. She wants the full experience which can be achieved with half of one of these blotters. The setting will be perfect (my house, good music, candles, laser light effects, very familiar, familiar movies, etc) we've decided to trip at night as I'm about to be leaving on a trip and we're pulling an all nighter to spend the most time together before i leave. I appreciate your input but 1/2 a tab is what she wants to do now (sudden change of heart, idk but I'm rolling with it). I cant wait to watch that video while we trip, I love a good nature Montage.

Looks like she's confident and curious so she'll probably have an amazing trip :)

1/2 should be fine. You've already tested the tabs so it should be safe. If possible, make sure she drops it on an empty stomach and doesn't mix it with weed/alcohol/etc so she can better know the psychedelic state of mind, without interference.