• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My friends acid reflux

blackmetalstoner

Bluelighter
So one of my best friends for many years has VERY bad acid. He takes large amounts of tums(Even know I don't think that's good for you) and makes noises with his throat uncontrollably that sound like he's swollowing. All this is beside the point. About 2 years ago he was a drug dealer. Mainly pot, which he smoked daily of course. Since the on set of his acid reflux he's started to freak out if he smokes to much. But not like socially or anything. He thinks he's having a stroke. I looked more into it because this worried me for him honestly. Apparently smoked triggered acid reflux(duh) and acid reflux can mimic the symptoms of a stroke(light headed, hot, fainting, ect). Basically I was woundering if maybe a Vap would prevent this?

We know it's you, don't say "my friend". You are not mentally fit to take anything by yourself, not even Tums. Stop taking medication and go see a psychiatrist right away, you have serious mental problems. You understand?

depends on what is causing the acid reflux.

If it is an issue with the esophageal flap, and smoking exacerbates the issue, then you may want to cut down on the smoking.

Seek professional medical advice.

There is something you can use to help the effect of the throat-benzocaine, and lidocaine numbs the throat.., But yeah id say your friend need to take a breather. hot water helps alot. (when you dont smoke).

We know it's you, don't say "my friend". You are not mentally fit to take anything by yourself, not even Tums. Stop taking medication and go see a psychiatrist right away, you have serious mental problems. You understand?

This reply confuses me deeply.. I don't even know where to begin. He's not mentally fit enough to eat antacids? See a psychiatrist for acid reflux/heartburn? No I don't believe anyone understands..

yeah uhhh... what is this about? :\

Do not assume your acid reflux is a direct result of your cannabis smoking habits, I also have relatively bad acid reflux which varies often, and I have a stable smoking habit.

yeah uhhh... what is this about? :\

Oh, it's just the way he typed his post, things like:

So one of my best friends for many years has VERY bad acid. He takes large amounts of tums(Even know(he means to say even though) I don't think that's good for you) and makes noises with his throat uncontrollably that sound like he's swollowing. All this is beside the point. About 2 years ago he was a drug dealer. Mainly pot, which he smoked daily of course. Since the on set of his acid reflux he's started to freak out if he smokes to much. But not like socially or anything. He thinks he's having a stroke. I looked more into it because this worried me for him honestly. Apparently smoked triggered acid reflux(duh) and acid reflux can mimic the symptoms of a stroke(light headed, hot, fainting, ect). Basically I was woundering(you would never spell this like this even if you're illiterate because there's no association between to wonder and a wound) if maybe a Vap would prevent this?

It's a combination of incorrectly used words and grammar that's not justified by poor grammar knowledge, but by mis-association of words and expressions in his head. Phrases like "All this is beside the point" make no sense because him having bad acid is the topic of the discussion, he said "All this is beside the point" because he can't hold onto an idea for long. I would go as far as saying that whoever wrote that has brain damage or is psychotic but that's just my opinion.

it can be caused by inadequate stomach acid so taking antacids could very well be making the problem worse. next time try drinking a ginger tea with lemon juice instead, if it helps then stop taking the Tums.

swallowing smoke can aggravate the esophagus but i'm not sure inhaling it properly would.

See a Dr, because over time reflux can cause Barrets (spelling?) esophagus, which is a precancerous condition.