L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

My friend Norman won't talk to me

JackiePeyton

Ex-Bluelighter
I think he is sad because he doesn't have a girlfriend. I try to make him feel better but sometimes I get hyper and babble too much. I suppose being around someone who is in a good mood is hard when you are sad. How can I support my friend?
I am forlorn.

Before giving any kind of advice Ima need to know how old you and your friend are. My generic response at this point would be to give your friend a little space for a couple days then try to spark up a conversation.

Norman is 21 and a NEET. He rarely leaves the house. He's very sensitive and emotional. I am like an Aunty to him. At this point he is speaking to me again but he is so anxious and easy to set off. I want him to be happy.

You know your friend better than any of us do. Maybe smoke a blunt with him and do whatever activity brought you 2 together. Otherwise, it's not your problem and he's being a dick for not working with you to buck up. IMO I've been on both sides of this. Suggest counseling if you can. Taking welbutrin made a huge difference for me. What is a NEET?

I googled NEET. Got it. He should definitely go talk to a mental healthcare professional. It's not your job to make him. All you can do is encourage him to do so and set boundaries for yourself and be honest. "It makes me upset to see you unhappy. I want to help you. I cannot keep reaching out to you if you do not seek help yourself." I would say something like that. Why does he not have a job or a place in school?

so you are a woman and he wants a girlfriend

is there possibly any tension here?