My friend is eating shrooms for the first time, have some questions

Tomination22

Greenlighter
So my friend's previous drug experiences include (don't know if this matters:
Lots of weed
Coke once
25D and 25I NBOMe
DXM a few times

My friend has smoked weed, drank cough syrup, and done the nbome at various times in his room at night while his family is asleep without a problem. He's heard that while on mushies sometimes people talk or shout to themselves. (Advice from his cousin) he plans on eating 2g of Golden Teachers after his parents fall asleep, then another 2 a little before he peaks. Would there be any problem with noise if this takes place? Any tips or fun or meditative quiet activities?

tl;dr in general, are people rather noisy while on 4g of shrooms or is it reasonable to try and stay quiet to avoid waking up his family

Don't take 4g of mushrooms your first time.

Also, don't take them when your parents or family members are sleeping but take them when they are not home and will not be home for an entire day or night, and you do not have to drive anywhere.

If it's his first time ask him to only eat a gram. After his trip if he feels like he could handle it go for two grams

You would probably feel like your being loud when your tripping, but you probably won't make any noise beyond the ordinary. I wouldn't trip if I was worried about my parents though, sometimes on shrooms you want to be loud and laugh or cry. I do remember taking a hefty dose of DXM when I was in highschool and my parents were home, it wasn't bad. Nothing happened, but shrooms are a lot more energizing.
I personally wouldn't do any less then 2 grams for the first time. Anything less then 2 is going to be a sub-par trip, I ate 3.5 on my first trip, but I really tripped hard. You want to get that hard trip feeling, because you aren't going to be able to get it later on when you do shrooms. Your brain get's used to them very quickly. Day tripping is fun too, but you give yourself at least 10 hours before you have to act like a normal human being.

I've tripped balls off of 1g before

Don't eat 2, and don't do it while your parents are asleep

Don't know why metoniaman hast been banned by now, this is a harm reduction forum, and not only is he a troll, but he is just a plain dick

He should take five. Break on through. if his parents wake, they wake. he'll see the real them and realize that most of what he experiences of them is just a figment of his own imagination.
fyi, I reported this post. recommending inexperienced people to take high doses of psilocybin mushrooms is not good practice, especially when you know next to nothing about them.

many have freaked out and suffer(ed) from negative consequences after taking too much of a strong psychedelic like mushrooms.#

edit: I totally agree with peacephrog, allthough 2g might be just fine depending on how potent the mushrooms are.

It's really a matter of potency, and more importantly set and setting. If you're not camping with close friends maybe the strong trip is best left for another time. I've had peak experiences from 3.5 grams and ++ experiences from 5 grams before.

I like using the escalator method when eating mushrooms.
Take a cap or two, wait 5-10 minutes, take another cap or two... until I've consumed my intended dose or until I start feeling effects. This makes the come up and come down much smoother and gradual IMO.