My Experience Using Kratom to Kick Opiates

pilladdict

Greenlighter
All,
This is my first post. Throughout my years of opiate use/abuse I have spent a lot of time on this site reading posts. Sometimes this was the only thing that could keep me going during withdrawals is knowing I was not the only person going through it. Before getting to the point of my thread I thought I would give some background as it may possibly help someone understand my position and be able to compare it to theirs. If you don't want to hear another sob story please skip to the meat below.
My addiction started about 10 years ago when I was injured in Iraq. I could probably count on fingers and toes how many pills I had taken in my lifetime up to that point. I had multiple fractures of the lower lumbar region and was given hydrocodone's to help until surgery a couple months later. I couldn't take the pills as they made me sick so I just stuck it out. Had my first back surgery in early '09. I was pretty much in the same shape after that surgery as I was previous, low back pain all the time. More hydro's got prescribed. Was retired from the military because of my injuries and sent into the world. I went to the VA and they started prescribing hydro's which I still couldn't tolerate taking. A few years later, '12, I jerked on a frozen trailer and felt something give in my back. Went to the VA telling them something was wrong and they said take more hydro's. Needless to say I forced myself to take them and got where I could tolerate them which turned into really liking them. I could take a handful, 5-6 10mg pills, and outwork my coworkers. I was doing this 4-5 times a day. I had a huge stash from not taking them for years so I never ran out. When my habit finally caught up to my stash I learned all about withdrawals. Went to the VA telling them something was amiss. Their fix was to prescribe tramadol to take on the not so bad days and continued with the same hydro script. I continued to eat the heck out of the hydro's and limp along on the tramadol until I got the new bottles. I finally had enough of the pain and went to a civilian doctor in 2014 that took one look at an MRI and scheduled another fusion to fix the disc that was blown out that the VA kept telling me was because I wasn't doing physical therapy. Doctor told me the surgery would be the easy part, getting off the meds would be the hard part. Surgery went well besides them not being able to ease my pain afterward. About a year later I decided I had to get off the meds. After going through w/d multiple times I decided I couldn't do it alone. My new doctor recommended suboxone which sounded great. Turns out that stuff is the devil. I started abusing it and running out so I said screw it, I'm going cold turkey. Worst mistake of my life to this point. The w/d was terrible and almost lost my family, job and life during that. I stayed clean for about a month and a half. Went to the VA and got back on tramadol. Earlier this year I took a handful and ended up having a seizure. After the seizure I stopped breathing and my heart stopped. Luckily I was with a coworker who gave me CPR until the ambulance arrived. Went back to the VA and got on oxy's. Started abusing those until I decided I just can't keep living like this.

Meat of the post:
I stopped taking 6 10mg doses of oxy 3 times a day on the 6th of April. On the 7th of April I bought some Kratom at the local head shop after hearing about it here. I got it in capsule form and have been taking 4-5 capsules 3 times a day and have not experienced any withdrawal yet. I am going to start tapering that down by 1 capsule every does every 3 days starting tomorrow. I want to thank everyone that posts on this site as there is a lot of helpful info to be found here. If it wasn't for this site I know I would still be going through the cycle of w/d, abuse, and buying illegally. If anyone would like any specific info regarding my Kratom experience I am willing to share any of my experience with anyone it may help. Thanks!

So if my math is correct, you've been on the Kratom almost 2 weeks with no withdrawals? That's amazing, I'd def like to hear some if the specifics. Any side effects, trouble sleeping, etc?

It's now been 18 days since taking any opiates. I've slept fine, actually better as I wake up feeling energetic instead of tired and foggy. I still haven't had any side effects really. I've had a small headache that comes and goes but I'm not sure if that is a side effect or not. I haven't started cutting down on my doses of kratom like I had planned, some kind of mind thing going on where I just can't seem to take the initial jump. I think it has to do with a fear of going through some kind of withdrawal. Hopefully soon I can over come that and start tapering the kratom down.

Holly hell man this is my day one on Keaton and I'm just freaking losing my mind waiting for hell to take over if it does at all after reading your post!!!! The only difference is I'm coming off iv dope about half g a day sometimes more for the past year with seven years clean prior to that. .. I posted a thread but no one has replied to it and I've been freaking until I read this! Ty! If someone reads this please try to find my thread or post however you call it and give me some helpful insight! Thank you!