• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My experience and current situation (tramadol, weed, Valium)

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay basically I've a smoked bud for around 10 years daily.. I was around 5
years ago put on tramadol for severe back pain,
my doctor stopped giving mw th like 10 days ago now and I've started taking Valium again to try relax muscles which is not helping so it's not muscle pain which my doctor tries to say it is not a trapped nerve as I've had that many times..

so so basically I'm currently taking upto 50mg Valium per day with a gram or 2 of weed.. sometimes I'm happy sometimes I'm very depressed where I'm really emotional and im a fully grown man I don't get easily emotional.

when I was taking the tramadol I was getting a high, a buzz which made
me feel good and also relieved anxiety I think. But now it's just horrible after 10 days of none at all

any help or or advice would be much appreciated, or from someone with a similar experience

i should also point out I live in the U.K.

Don't know why you are sad, weed and valium in my experience are a lot stronger than tramadol.

Don't know why you are sad, weed and valium in my experience are a lot stronger than tramadol.

Im more depressed than sad to be honest.. just I can take like 100mg Valium and not feel a sort of euphoric feeling like the tramadol did.

Sounds like the SNRI/opiate withdrawals from the tramadol making you emotional. I'm tapering off heroin and I'm starting to feel emotions again hardcore I felt goosebumps to music first time in 5 years, I randomly cried in my car and it felt so good to let out you don't cry on dope, and ya I understand the up and down. You get manic type feelings randomly happy randomly sad, if it's been 10 days you haven't taken tramadol you should be almost in the clear just tough it through a few more days.

But the second challenge will be Valium, I also am tapering from Valium cause that is also a mess full to deal with ...
Good luck stay with your regiment and once you start feeling better start lowering the Valium or you'll regret ever starting that in the first place

Sounds like the SNRI/opiate withdrawals from the tramadol making you emotional. I'm tapering off heroin and I'm starting to feel emotions again hardcore I felt goosebumps to music first time in 5 years, I randomly cried in my car and it felt so good to let out you don't cry on dope, and ya I understand the up and down. You get manic type feelings randomly happy randomly sad, if it's been 10 days you haven't taken tramadol you should be almost in the clear just tough it through a few more days.

But the second challenge will be Valium, I also am tapering from Valium cause that is also a mess full to deal with ...
Good luck stay with your regiment and once you start feeling better start lowering the Valium or you'll regret ever starting that in the first place

Wow mate, I understand everything there than a doctor could ever tell me.. thank you and I Just cried reading this and relating so much to it.. thank you so much and I wish you all the best, maybe we can share stories via Pm, I can be buzzing one min then sad the next it's horrible and my girlfriend can't understand in the slightest which makes things so hard bro.

Tramadol is more of an anti depressant with an opioid metabolite. I think it's an SNRI although I'm not sure Google can figure that one out. That might be what you are missing not the opiate as it sounds more like emotions and mental health than pain.

Please please PM me don't be shy I love talking to people I have no one to let my secrets out I have to hide everything it doesn't feel good ...
and going to a local NA meeting is a burn and a good way for locals to spot who junkies are I'd rather not (maybe that's my view on NA I've never been to a meeting or rehab)

Tramadol is more of an anti depressant with an opioid metabolite. I think it's an SNRI although I'm not sure Google can figure that one out. That might be what you are missing not the opiate as it sounds more like emotions and mental health than pain.

wh can't my doctor tell me this information, I'm saying all this to then. Tramadol was at first making me not depressed and more confident then that stopped over time and I started taking more, smoking more weed, now I'm basically smoking weed and trying to replace one thing with another hence using Valium too.. I hate ssri's, anti depressants that take weeks. But eventually make you worse if you understand me.

Please please PM me don't be shy I love talking to people I have no one to let my secrets out I have to hide everything it doesn't feel good ...
and going to a local NA meeting is a burn and a good way for locals to spot who junkies are I'd rather not (maybe that's my view on NA I've never been to a meeting or rehab)

Wasnt sure if i could pm you with me being a new member but i for sure will, thanks bro.. and sorry but what's NA ? I'm from the uk ���� lol

You could always try an antidepressant to help deal with the difficulties coming off tramadol. Something with an SNRI action similar to tramadol's might be particularly useful.

You could always try an antidepressant to help deal with the difficulties coming off tramadol. Something with an SNRI action similar to tramadol's might be particularly useful.

But they take weeks to even start to work and are hard to come off... or so I'm told by a previous user

i'm from the UK too (south london), you got a pretty generous prescription for over here i'm lucky if i get a four day valium course!
and yh ssris can be hard to come off, and in some cases ppl find it harder than street drufgs!

i'm from the UK too (south london), you got a pretty generous prescription for over here i'm lucky if i get a four day valium course!
and yh ssris can be hard to come off, and in some cases ppl find it harder than street drufgs!
Mate I'm self medicating, these aren't on prescription.. I once gpt
diazepam on prescription but only upto 40mg

^40mg/day is a very significant amount of diazepam.

But they take weeks to even start to work and are hard to come off... or so I'm told by a previous user

They do indeed have side effects and can take time to start working. However, the formerly is pretty easily managed, and rarely is an issue with only using most of them for 6-12 months. Given the way tramadol works, I wouldn't be surprised if something like Effexor would be helpful during the first year of sobriety. If you don't find them useful after your first month taking them, you can always stop taking them.

For people who use them long term and don't get off them properly (taper), withdrawal from antidepressant type meds can be uncomfortable, but at least IME opioid withdrawal tends to be much more difficult to deal with than something like SSRI or SNRI withdrawal.

^40mg/day is a very significant amount of diazepam.

They do indeed have side effects and can take time to start working. However, the formerly is pretty easily managed, and rarely is an issue with only using most of them for 6-12 months. Given the way tramadol works, I wouldn't be surprised if something like Effexor would be helpful during the first year of sobriety. If you don't find them useful after your first month taking them, you can always stop taking them.

For people who use them long term and don't get off them properly (taper), withdrawal from antidepressant type meds can be uncomfortable, but at least IME opioid withdrawal tends to be much more difficult to deal with than something like SSRI or SNRI withdrawal.

thanks for that information mate, helped me to sort of understand better. ✌️

yeah i mean i talking about 2-5mgs a day prescriptions that only last four days.
somee bullllshittttttt.

Maybe cutting down on weed will help you, I mean, anxiety is not an unknown side effect of (too much) cannabis consumption. Now I understand that quitting cannabis will presumably lead to initial panic attacks/severe anxiety, but this might be a road for you to take for the better on the long run.

Have you talked about your anxiety and cannabis smoking with your doctor? He should be able to give you proper advise.

yeah i mean i talking about 2-5mgs a day prescriptions that only last four days.
somee bullllshittttttt.
Wow mate yea they limit you at the docs as fsr
as I'm aware and just reduce to the point of non weather or not it's in your best interest, I'm doing like 5 10mg a day mate obvz from the street like but yeah..

Maybe cutting down on weed will help you, I mean, anxiety is not an unknown side effect of (too much) cannabis consumption. Now I understand that quitting cannabis will presumably lead to initial panic attacks/severe anxiety, but this might be a road for you to take for the better on the long run.

Have you talked about your anxiety and cannabis smoking with your doctor? He should be able to give you proper advise.
I haven't mentioned the cannabis although I may suspect they think I may use it, the book is just sorta being passed mate. The uk NHS is good but can be bad aswel for patients with doctors who won't understand

I haven't mentioned the cannabis although I may suspect they think I may use it, the book is just sorta being passed mate. The uk NHS is good but can be bad aswel for patients with doctors who won't understand

real talk.