View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My DXM experience

AxelWinters

Greenlighter
So I had my first bad psychedelic experience last night. I want to know if anyone else has had the same effects as I have. My friend and I each drank a bottle of DXM and were sitting at the top of a staircase smoking a blunt. When we got up I felt like my head was lit on fire and my thoughts were empty. When we got to the bottom of the stairs my vision started fading and I collapsed and blacked out. My friend was saying "Hey, are you okay?" And I didn't hear anything at first, I felt like I was in some other world. When I opened my eyes my head started burning again and I sat up in a comfortable position so I wouldn't go back there. I was extremely scared and my vision was fading in and out. Iv taken other psychedelics that are supposed to be stronger but this was the most intense experience Iv ever had. My friend said his head felt the same way at some point, but I think I was having it way worse than he was. There were other things going on after I woke up from that but I can't even remember them. I just remember pixels getting darker then the visions I had when I was out and waking up. I seriously think I had to go to the hospital so my friend skated as fast as he could to the store (very close by) and got me some water. When I had first woken up I felt like the air I was breathing wasn't going to my lungs but he told me "take deep breaths" and with every deep breath I took the pain went away EXTREMELY fast. It was quite surprising to me how fast the negative effects negated from just simply breathing. Can someone please explain to me what happened to me? I'm very confused and I was extremely scared for my life.

These are all pretty normal occurrences i'd say. Sounds like the blunt and DXM screwed with your blood pressure enough to give you a whiteout which sent you into a panic attack when you realized how hard you were tripping.

Dang that sounds about right. I feel so stupid for even doing that. Just wanted to get high I guess.

You got really high and had a panic attack, like Crashing said. The fact that deep breaths got you out of it is the panic attack giveaway.

DXM reduces tolerance for pretty much everything, weed included. Especially if you're right in the midst of a trip and smoke a blunt.

Is that why every time Iv smoked since then Iv gotten even more high?
Btw amazing name