Mental Health my drug induced psychosis story

ryandnb

Greenlighter
sorry for poor english

back when i was 18 i started going to dnb raves and taking mdma and smoking weed and i loved it, then i started going to free partys (illegal raves) and i started taking ketamine, nos and mdma, 2cb and i loved that too. i heard of this legal high called slavia and wanted to try it so i bought some off the internet and smoked some at a free party whilst still on k and md, after holding the smoke in i thought id died and gone to a completely different world that was all yellow and red, anyway that scared the shit out of me and id never smoke salvia again. from then on every time id take any drug it would give me major paranoia and anxiety. and one night i smoked some weed and couldn't sleep for 5 nights, started thinking the strangest things like my life was a tv show, the government was watching me through my front camera on my iphone, little bugs flying round my bedroom recording me, thought that users of the deep web controlled people who used regular internet, then thought black people were controlling the world, thought that every time i went on instagram it gave me an instant gram of coke, eventually my parents rang the police and i jumped out my bedroom window of a 2 story house then jumped over the back gate, running around my town, eventually went home and spoke to the police and they said if i do it again ill get arrested. well it carried on happening, ended up hitting my dad cause i thought he was gay, then i thought i was gay, then i thought my dad was originally a piece of poo floating down the river nile, thought that we was getting letters from the past. eventually my parents rang for an ambulance and i ran away again with my dads phone, threw that in a river cause i thought they were tracking me, threw my phone down the street, thought that if i went to sleep in a field id wake up back to normal, couldnt find a field so i knocked on peoples doors looking for a new family, one guy answered and i asked if they had an xbox, then my friends came round the corner looking for me, so i ran away from them garden hopping, they managed to catch me and i almost punched one of them, they managed to walk me home, then for about an hour i was saying the most random things to the paramedics, my parents, the police, and my friends, i was calling the two police women lesbiens, asking my friends if they wanted to get some weed in revealing to the police my dealers name. in the end i had to go hospital and they gave me diazapam which sent me to sleep for like 3 hours woke up and thought that this was all happening to me cause my protein powder was ketamine so i almost flushed all that down the toilet, then went crazy again so my parents called these people from a psychiatric hospital, then i just was completely fucked up. when they arrived i thought it was my nan who dies when my mum was 4, thought that they were gonna turn my into a dog. eventually they had to take me to the psychiatric hospital in a police car, when i got there i was put into a padded room with no windows, and every now and then a doctor would try and talk to me but i just went crazy at them, when they let me into the main area with all the other patients i thought id been put into a video game, then when they done physical tests on me i thought they were trying to turn me into a chicken so they could eat me (im not racist but this was cause all the staff were african) then i thought theyd flew me to africa when i realised i wasnt a chicken, and basically my mind just fell into a black hole i didnt even know what to think or do it was the most frightening thing that ever happened to me. but when my parents came to visit me i started to get back to reality slightly but i still thought id done something wrong. i did end up listening to the doctor and believing him that it was the drugs that done this to me. and after all my friends and family visited me over the week i was there i just somehow managed to get back to reality

from this youd think i was mental my whole life but im not im completely normal, and always have been but these drugs triggered something in my brain

now i suffer with slight social anxiety but i dont get any paranoia atall

after writing all this im thinking... who the fuck cares about all this but i thought id share it anyway and i was wondering if anyone else has had dug induced psychosis?

thanks, ryan

Hey, ryan.

Cool story, not the pain you experienced of course, but that you were cool enough to brave sharing it.

Sometimes all you need is to let it out, share it with someone. Good for you. I hope sharing this helped you get back to reality, as you had said.

Hope you are doing well.

Edit: spelling - sorry on mobile

Quite a tale, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time but man, some of this had me loling pretty hard...

every time i went on instagram it gave me an instant gram of coke

:D

I'm sorry that you went through this horrendous experience, I myself know how terrifying these psychotic ordeals are. I suffer with recurrent psychosis and GAD. My psychosis isn't drug induced though, it's from when I had a baby 17 months ago. It all started 3 days after I had my baby. I was screaming at anyone and anything, this escalated into me hearing voices every night, they weren't frightening they were actually comforting. I perceived myself and my baby to be in an alternate world where everyone wasn't real or normal and they were trying to kill us. I grew increasingly suspicious of everyone and everything. I thought a man that I kept seeing was following me, watching me and plotting to kill me. I very rarely then dared go out of the house. I became stuck in a living hell. I then thought that the government had made the Ebola virus to kill me and my baby. I would sit for hours researching and watching the news on Ebola. This went on for months, trapped in a mental nightmare. Too scared to even get out of bed in a morning, hearing my doorbell ring on its own and thinking it was messages from the 'real' world. Things got worse, I started talking to the wallpaper on my walls, I thought the patterns on it were demons that were behind the plot to kill me and my baby. I was screaming at the walls to stop torturing me and send me back to reality. I then tried to take my own life, I overdosed, I cut my wrists, I just wanted out. I got hospitalised and then admitted to a psychiatric ward for a few days. It was a really horrible experience in that place. The doctor put me on anti psychotic meds. I have had a few relapses and more failed suicide attempts due to me not taking my meds so now I have to have an injection once every four weeks of the anti psychotic called Haloperidol/Haldol. I am doing much better and am getting stronger day by day. I really feel your pain and how very real and very frightening a psychotic episode can be. Stay safe and if you need a chat or moan, I'm just a PM away.

Last edited:
Wow this was an amazing story to read.
I laughed, i got upset, i almost cried, this thread touched me emotionally man, hope you got better and will get better as time goes by... Youre hell of a strong person.

I feel for you. I had some pretty severe psychosis when I was withdrawing from heroin and benzos. I thought there were cockroaches everywhere and they were somehow getting into my skin and I could see them moving around in there. I thought the techs that were supervising me were in on it, and that they were testing some sort of new mind control medication. I was hearing voices and became incredibly scared to leave my room.

How are you doing now? Are you medically stabilized ?