• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My disturbing opiate overdose experience

Losingmymind

Greenlighter
Recently I was on vacation in Colombia and was dumb enough to buy a bunch of opiates over the counter. I don’t have a very high tolerance and one night I went way overboard and took around 50mg hydrocodone along with some codeine. I don’t know what I was thinking but holy shit did I have a terrible experience. I was laying in bed trying to doze off and every time I was about to, I would jolt awake violently and have these terrible shakes. It was quite terrifying. On top of that I would hear this awful, shrill popping noise in my head. I was very close to a full blown seizure. This horrible experience was enough for me to commit to not taking that crap ever again. Lesson learned.

Recently I was on vacation in Colombia and was dumb enough to buy a bunch of opiates over the counter. I don’t have a very high tolerance and one night I went way overboard and took around 50mg hydrocodone along with some codeine. I don’t know what I was thinking but holy shit did I have a terrible experience. I was laying in bed trying to doze off and every time I was about to, I would jolt awake violently and have these terrible shakes. It was quite terrifying. On top of that I would hear this awful, shrill popping noise in my head. I was very close to a full blown seizure. This horrible experience was enough for me to commit to not taking that crap ever again. Lesson learned.
Yeah as a recovered opiate addict who's run the gambit from lortab to iv heroine, I've never had or heard of anyone having that sort of reaction to opiates. You probably got something else and it doesn't sound pleasant. Be blessed