• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My current detox with Imodium

Only if you think of it that way. It's not square 1, it will definitely set you back but it's not as bad as it was when you started. If you keep chipping though, you'll definitely be back to square one.

I'm on day 3 myself, after my last bupe dose. Feeling alright with gabapentin. But craving "just a little bit" of kratom. But I know where that leads

Only if you think of it that way. It's not square 1, it will definitely set you back but it's not as bad as it was when you started. If you keep chipping though, you'll definitely be back to square one.

I'm on day 3 myself, after my last bupe dose. Feeling alright with gabapentin. But craving "just a little bit" of kratom. But I know where that leads
I (perhaps stupidly) threw out all my gabapentin last week.

Now I am scrambling trying to get a xanax bar or two. And on top of that, the guy I am buying it from happens to be my dope dealer.

Ugh... I just want this to be over. I actuay do desire sobriery. Getting high last night wasnt even fun. I just hate the withdrawal.

Took another 5mg oxy because couldn't get my hands on xanax.

Ugh.

I have failed in my attempt to get off the suboxone. Guess it's back to subs for me.

If you got ripped of 20mg of oxy I don't see how withdrawal could be that bad. That's literally nothing. Tough it out. Sorry to sound like an ass but if you got ripped off 2 percs that's nothing

That's really not helpful, making someone feel like they're being weak. Suboxone is pretty hard to tough out.

I don't know why you all are saying taking lope won't make your taper longer.

Taking an attack dose of lope, one that is a high enough dose that it becomes centrally acting, will definitely lengthen your taper.

The last time I tapered with lope I was stuck at around 50mg lope/day for a couple of weeks. (I started the taper at around 90mg lope and went down 10mg/day).

I was off opioids in a couple weeks with no withdrawal symptoms.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Anything that has opioid action is going to prolong some aspects of the withdrawal. And lope is an opioid. I think it's better as an emergency stop gap measure than for quitting long term.

You want something that works by a different mechanism like benzos or gabapentinoids. If you take for a brief enough period that should not prolong it. Benzo addiction is a serious risk but as long as you stop after a week or two it should be fine.

One time I took a 100 Xanax bars (literally) to escape an unbearable withdrawal and woke up 4 days later feeling mostly fine.... Except for the fact that I shit the bed.... It was a long time ago okay!