• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

My Cannabis story

wallywogs

Bluelighter
So I have a bunch of health issues and started smoking cannabis about 2 months ago to see if it would help. I have anxiety issues, am diabetic and get restless leg syndrome and burning itching feet at night. Smoking Cannabis stops all of that as well gives me a renewed sex drive.
My wife wasn't a fan of this because we are both in alcohol recovery, 26 and 25 years. Long story short I sold her on the idea because she remembers how shitty I had it when I was on Paxil and other antidepressants. She did want me to talk to my doc or my naturopath that I have seen. She thinks the naturopath is cool because my doc recommended him to me a few years back and he helped me with some food issues.
Anyway I saw him and he doesnt see an issue with me using it the way I am. I use it in the later part of the evening or before I go to bed, it is also bought at a cannabis dispensary for medical marijuana here in Vancouver BC. It cost snip gram and you can get really good stuff. I am using a pure Indica before bed and a strain if I smoke a bit earlier. I am not going to lie, I enjoy the high...for sure. But I really like what it does for me. I have had this issue with restless leg for a couple of years. Man I hope none of you get that...it drives me fucking nuts. All I had to take for it was some lorazapam and some propranolol and 100 Mg of Trazadone. Anyway I am thinking this is pretty cool.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
good to hear of cannabis helping yet another person. really a shame it's been villified by the politician types claiming there hasn't been enough research done, really the same could be said for antidepressants being prescribed by doctors, except the pot industry hasn't been known to blatantly bankroll doctors' vacations or fund lobby groups to suppress all those pesky definitive studies showing a strong correlation between antidepressant use and the inexplicable desire to commit suicide.

What a wonderful thing in such a situation he :p?, However when I first started smoking weed I had anxiety issues and smoking pot helped a great deal with that, just like your story.
But now, A few years later, the problems re-emerged. I heard some friends having the same problem.

Just wanted to let you know, Be careful :)

Doesnt stop it but allows me to control it better. I am thinking it lowers the cortisol in my blood which in turn stops the cravings. My blood sugar was usually around 9 when I woke and now it is 6.4 or so. Also my total insulin use per day is down to around 70 units as opposed to 90 or so.

Smoking weed stops your diabetes? Never heard anything like that before

Good to hear. There are millions of people world wide who cannabis could help for certain issues but prohibition and reefer madness stop them from being helped by a plant that can be grown very easily. Insane hey.

ten bucks a gram is about what I pay for it on the black market here in Australia.

^ Some studies have suggested that cannabis helps improve insulin sensitivity

Get All the stuff in a Multi-Vitamin But Not a multi-vitamin unless its a good one cuz most just pass through your stomach and do not Absorb Hence A Lot Of People Do Not Think Vitamin And Mineral Supplements Do Shit for u they Help a lot for Drug Users i practrically had night blindless from lack of vitamin A WAlking to my dealers car at night i couldnt see the handle for the Car Door For Shit For Example was all good when i took Vitamin A Supplements.

Magnesium is a Natural Sedative and If given enough can actually stop the Human Heart without a Clue as to How But it is Great FOr Anxiety RelieF Naturally although shit like gabapentin and low dose Lyrica cuz that shit PHSYICALLY hits u hard andf sleepy lol and i got my Clonazepam 3mg a week of that can be gotten Away without Physical Depenance.