• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My brain feels like it's melting

ekuwuy

Greenlighter
Over the past month, have been using xanax, doses like 0,5mg - 1mg every few days/couples days. After this past weekend I drank which I don't usualyl do, did coke, ended the night with weed and xanax. NExt day did a small amount of xanax, felt weird and hangover.
Since then it's been 4 days of hell. Sweating, anxiety, shaking, convulsing, I felt like I was going to seizure last night becuase my brain felt like it would burst out of my skull. I can barely sleep or eat.

I've had panic attacks/anxiety in the past, but im so confused. I don't know if it's because of smoking weed for years, or because i bombed my brian, or If I somehow got HEAVILY addicted to Benzo's in a really short time off short amounts and im going through withdrawals.

I feel completely fucked.

Please help.

try not to stress too much. you are unlikely to have damaged yourself at this point. and you shouldn't be addicted to benzos if not using daily. the worry can create a feedback loop that makes everything worse. lol i ended up in a & e a few weeks back due to weird depressive symptoms, i convinced myself it was infact a systemic infection and my mind spun out of control. mind over matter is nuts.

the symptoms you describe do sound scary, i would get yourself checked out by a doctor just in case.

Thanks for the response Im actually writhing around on the floor all day. Maybe I sohuld get some tests. Cheers.

Maybe you're a slow metabolizer so even though you weren't using daily your body adjusted to the presence of Xanax? What you're describing sure does sound like benzo withdrawal, and if it's lasted 4 days then I think you can rule out just the normal comedown-type effects from a heavy session on coke/weed/xanax etc. I would second @chinup - go and get it checked out by a doctor. At the ER they may administer some benzos, and if that immediately relieves your symptoms you will know that they were the cause.