• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My boyfriend quit meth and is acting crazy.

Jessa0000

Greenlighter
I am 26 years old and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. In january of this year he told me that he had been doing meth for 5 months ( I had no idea) and that he was ready to seek professional help. He then was in a facility for a week and released with a prescription for an antidepressant (Remeron) that he took daily. He was much better. He was actively seeking employment and got a great job. At the beginning of march, he ran out of his prescription and never refilled it. Shortly there after he quit his job (that he only had for a week) and said he was tired of trying to be this perfect member of society that everyone else was pushing him to be. He then said he was going to start refinishing furniture for a living. He then quickly acquired ALOT of furniture projects in my basement. He worked on them from sunup til sundown, but didnt seem to be finishing any of the projects.

In our relationship, I felt as if he was becoming more and more distant and sometimes he didnt make sense in conversation. For instance, one night i got on top of him and was loving on him and trying to have sex with him. In the middle of us kissing, he turn his head and looked away from me and didnt look back. I said hello is something wrong. He did answer, so I got off of him and said hello again. He then turned, looked at me and said "are there cameras in here??? I said why would there be cameras? He said maybe someone is fearful of your safety.... umm what?? This is not normal behavior for him.

We had planned this trip to Orlando to a family wedding. March 23 was Thursday and that's when we were supposed to leave. He asked me if we could leave on Friday instead so he could finish a furniture project and get paid so we would have more money. Fine we can leave Friday. So Thursday I was out most of the day getting things in order for us to leave at 5am. I came home to find him in the backyard digging holes with his hands and thats what he did all day that day instead of preparing for our trip. I said what are you doing why are you digging holes? He replied and I quote "well Hannah had these sticks the other day and it reminded me of something I saw in my text messages about some routes".....WHAT!?! There is no typo there that is word for word what he said to me.

I had to go to Florida by myself. 16 hours in the car by myself to think about what was going on. I get home on sunday and my dad tells me that that day when he got home he found my boyfriend in a 5ft deep hole that he was digging. My dad asked him why he was digging that hole and my boyfriend replied to find his freedom....

I then told him I needed space and he said he would go stay at his mothers house. When he was leaving he said he was going to spend the night in the woods at this national forest park where we go sometimes. I said alright and let him leave.

The next morning his friend calls me and tell me that he saw him in the park last night completely naked and soaking wet. He had apparently jumped in the creek (its not that warm outside and it was dark). His friend also told me he was hollering and not making much sense. When I asked him about it he said he was just out there dealing with his demons. He says he feels crazy and that hes not on drugs that he wishes he was on a drug that he could blame this on and it would be less embarrassing. SOMEONE HELP ME! I am so confused and a little scared and would like to know what is causing this could it be the prolonged drug use or the antidepressant? or both. and is he gonna come back to me maybe or is this permanent?

Sounds like he has entered a psychosis....Could be due to abruptly stopping the Remeron...possibly he hasn't been sleeping enough to get the restorative REM sleep. I'd contact a pharmacist, the rehab-since they know his case, and/or the ER before some worse shit happens. Sounds like a manic episode...He shouldn't have cold turkey'd that med...

sounds like he needs some sleep and perhaps a short course of sedatives in a secure ward

if this isn't a troll then it sounds like your boyfriend is still using a lot of meth.

No matter what is the cause of his actions he needs some serious mental help like right now. He needs to go to the hospital.

Sorry to hear you are going through this with your SO. I'm not an expert but it sounds like he may be suffering from stimulant psychosis.

Please try to be patient and understanding. None of this means you're "losing" him, and breaking up with him over this will probably not help.

He needs medical attention. If enlist the help of the doctor that prescribed him the mirtazapine.

They don't usually preface recovery with the statement "be prepared for a period of malaise, terror and fear", as this would probably cause more folks to shy away from going through the process, although it doesn't sound like the effects of quitting a stimulant like Methamphetamine. The implication, in my opinion, is that he is probably still using Methamphetamine or other drugs that similarly interfere with his executive function.

I'm not an expert, but digging large holes and running around all over the place doesn't sound like Methamphetamine withdrawal symptoms, which are typically defined by lethargy and lack of ambition, among other stuff. I agree with other sentiments that it could be related to the psychiatric medication, either its cessation or some kind of synergy between the stimulants and the prescribed medication. I'm totally in agreement that the doctor should be contacted. At any rate, your boyfriend could end up in serious trouble should he get behind the wheel or act in a manner that somebody deems "threatenting".

The cops are a resource if you're in truly dire circumstances, but if he has drugs on him, you'll probably be making his life worse in the long-run.

IMO he's on a sick one.. Lol
It sure does sound like he's been on a long meth binge and hasn't gotten enough sleep and is in a middle of a psychosis run..
Get him help before it DOES turn Permanent.

He then quickly acquired ALOT of furniture projects in my basement. He worked on them from sunup til sundown, but didnt seem to be finishing any of the projects.

He's still using meth.

He's most likely still using, but pay attention to if he's sleeping. If he sleeps a normal amount then he might have Schizophrenia. It's common for people to not show signs until after 21 years of age. I'm not swimming I really do have a friend who have Schizophrenia and how you described his episodes are just like hers. Then again when she has bad episodes the voices make it hard for her to sleep. I'm not a doctor but I have dabbled in the crystal and thankfully nothing like that has happened to me. I can relate to starting projects but not really getting anything done lol. Best of luck.