• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

My boyfriend is stingy...

Trained? Christ. How about loving someone for who they are. If the person isn't up to snuff, find another one. What's the world population up to now, eight billion?

OP your expectations are low as other members have mentioned , but if you are satisfied with this relationship because you keep standing up for your boyfriend , perhaps there is no issue to discuss.

You could probably have a better life and relationship with another man just keep that in the back of your head.

If this is his only bad point, then I would say stay with him. I mean, you are never going to find 'Mr. Perfect' You could dump this man, then end up with a a generous, lying, cheating imbecile...so its a case of swings and roundabouts. What I do suggest is that you talk to him about it, and see if you can make things a little more fair in your relationship. Why are you the one opening your wallet when BOTH of you go out? Why are you the one forking out for $300 jeans? Sit the man down, tell him you love him but you will not be paying for the jeans because you need that money to add to your savings, or something.

Trained? Christ. How about loving someone for who they are. If the person isn't up to snuff, find another one. What's the world population up to now, eight billion?

Lol no kidding eh, training is not for boyfriends.

If this is his only bad point, then I would say stay with him. I mean, you are never going to find 'Mr. Perfect' You could dump this man, then end up with a a generous, lying, cheating imbecile...so its a case of swings and roundabouts. What I do suggest is that you talk to him about it, and see if you can make things a little more fair in your relationship. Why are you the one opening your wallet when BOTH of you go out? Why are you the one forking out for $300 jeans? Sit the man down, tell him you love him but you will not be paying for the jeans because you need that money to add to your savings, or something.

Yes I agree with this. I definitely don't think it's break-up worthy. I do think it is something that needs to be brought up but I think the OP simply needs to talk to him about it and not make excuses for him :p as it seems like she is doing.

For some reason I don't think all of the story was told here...

I get the same impression; not that I think the OP is intentionally omitting certain information or misleading us, but I feel like because we're not getting any of the boyfriend's input here (and we're not, only what the OP thinks her boyfriend thinks), there's just a lot not being told and a lot of fill-in-the-blanks that inevitably lead us to exactly the same conclusion the OP herself has come to: boyfriend is stingy, OP is not and so is rightfully frustrated.

Honestly? The times have changed, and I cannot express in words just how unbelievably happy it makes me to hear about a female counterpart footing the bill for a dinner or night out. It's the best, and I will say this, quite unabashed, that nothing turns me on more than a woman taking me out and showing me a good time. In college, I had women taking me out and buying me things all the time almost every night of the week. It was a blast... haha

I am going through a similar situation with my GF. Except, now she makes triple what I make, yet I still give her $ when she needs it and she does not repay me. Each time I have borrowed $ from her I have repaid her as soon as I received my paycheck. Just explain the situation to him. Try to avoid using "you" statements as much as possible. If you can, use "we, us" instead of "you". Also try to not be the first to open your wallet. As for the $300 jeans, if it was a bday or anniversary present then okay, but just because you have the $ does not mean he should take advantage of your generosity. I believe that is where the problem is, if you are nice to people then over time they take it for granted. Best wishes to you and your BF, hope things get better.