Bugs My avatar is dead

SKL

Bluelight Crew
For me and others. Just has an invalid image placeholder. I assume you're seeing the same thing. Doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else's avatar that I can see. Any hope of retrieving it? I don't have it saved anywhere or anything like that :(

97341.jpg

Biggest I could find, on the old testing BL that @dreamflyer uncovered =D

For me and others. Just has an invalid image placeholder. I assume you're seeing the same thing. Doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else's avatar that I can see. Any hope of retrieving it? I don't have it saved anywhere or anything like that :(

Any idea when this started? And who else is affected? I'd like to troubleshoot if possible, but am at a complete loss on anything that we did to the site that may cause it.

97341.jpg

Well done.

Any idea when this started? And who else is affected? I'd like to troubleshoot if possible, but am at a complete loss on anything that we did to the site that may cause it.
I think it just started today. I didn't change anything anywhere near my avatar settings. Very weird.
97341.jpg

Thanks! I'll start using that unless TLB happens to find my old one in the near future:)

I have a funny feeling that @Sky God is also like this but I don’t know if hers is something she’s done herself. I noticed it a while a go.

Sky God does seem to ring a bell with this issue. I don't recall any others.

We've not changed anything on the site that I'm aware of, so it's really hard to think we did it....but the avatar images are stored within the site software so.... weird.

I haven’t noticed anyone else with the black square other than both SKL and SkyGod. I’ll keep an eye out.

got my avatar back thanks to @Buzz Lightbeer, but there is some kind of fuckery afoot, @TheLoveBandit ... had to hit submit multiple times changing the avatar, got messages like this

xvwgcd.png

it is working for now and I guess that is what counts but I think it looks like a bug in xenforo. no clue why it would happen just to me. weird shit.

That is exactly the message I was getting when I was trying to post links in the PD Social thread the other day.

The OOPS message is the Xenforo default for 'something borked'. It happens on a handful of things, most of which we can't explain. With SKL editing his av, it is likely a permissions issue blocking the command to update your av at the server firewall. For eD's problems (hehehe...ED Problem...ha) it is likely either a keyword in your post or perhaps a link, which the firewall is throwing up on.

In most of these cases, if you go into your browser's development tools, you can get more info for what the true issue is to help share with us and guide us. To get there (in chrome) tap the 3dots at top right > More Tools > Developer Tools. This opens a pane on the right, whereunder the 'Console' you will get more detailed messages about the offending URL giving the error (usually a 403). Give us that url and we can work to whitelist it with the server. This comes and goes, I'm hung on several nice tweaks to the site due to troubleshooting this stuff.

PibqnEy.png

I've also been getting weird shit when trying to search for old posts. Anything beyond a few days or week maybe ago isn't showing up on search and also in people's profiles under "postings."

It’s blank to me the way SKLs appeared. Maybe it’s just my phone though but that’s weird. You haven’t changed recently have you?

No? I still see it.

I believe my avatar is a gif

We don't have gif avatars enabled, so all are static images (jpg, png, etc). If you uploaded a gif, it would either get stuck on frame or simply appear as a broken img (which yours is right now - Diz is correct).

The reason it isn't broken for you is that your browser is likely pulling from it's cache on your device. For the rest of us, broken img :\

I haven’t noticed anyone else with the black square other than both SKL and SkyGod. I’ll keep an eye out.
Ya i have noticed mine don't show anything at all and i haven't changed it