• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My Attempt at getting off Heroin with Loperamide

MDXGhost24

Greenlighter
So in the past I've had some bad H habits, each going on a 1+ year binger. The first time I withdrawled it was the worst Hell I've ever been through. Made it through and stayed clean for about 8 months. Then somehow got into it again and went on a 6 month binger (both bingers were up to about a gram a day) so the second time I got clean I used suboxone and boy was that a fuck up tried to taper but failed and went through 28 days of sub withdrawal. Stayed clean for 7 Months. Now latest binge has been about 4 months and trying to get out with the help of loperamide. This is how I am doing It WITH NO TAGAMENT OR ANYTHING TO HELP GET THAT SHIT ACROSS THE BBB.

+24 hours after last dose 20 2mg loperamide pills = 40mg, about 1 hour later felt much better but still a little shitty.

+40 hours 15 2mg loperamide pills = 30mg, feel good still got the chills little anxiety but its better than anything else. Took 2 mg klonopin for sleep

+72 hours 10 2mg loperamide pills = 20mg still feel good still have chills and slight anxiety but more energy. 2 klonopin for sleep

So far the detox has been rather comfortable with slight anoyyances but constantly tapering and staying strong is key.

Awaiting next dose but will keep you updated ! And my dosing with heroin it got up to about a half gram every 2-3 days so nothing heavy bit still very uncomfortable cold turkey withdrawls. Thanks for reading :) -Ghost

all i have to offer is this: look in to kratom, if you haven't already. may be very beneficial for your situation.

best of luck
<3

Unfortunately I have no idea as to where I even get kratom and I have no cash as well. So loperamide and klonopin is my only option.

Today is day 4 of my withdrawal period and will be taking my last dose of loperamide at 5 pills = 10 mg later on today. But all on all I feel fine other than some slight chills here and there. Will also report the days to come after the lope has been stopped. :) -Ghost

Oh I forgot to mention that I'm new to this thread :) I've been surfing for quite some time and I can truly say most of you have been some of the best support for me pshycologically . The name ghost actually came from an old Xbox gamer tag haha. Its nice to be able to greet you all.

+84 hours smoked some cannabis and took 2 klonopin. And feel great.

+96 hours 5 pills of loperamide =10 mg. Plan on this being my last dose. also with 2 klonopin and a Joint of some good cannabis. Still feeling good slight chills here and there and aches but could be from weed so we will see later :) -Ghost

Today is day 5 without heroin -Got another full nights sleep last night today I will no longer take my dose of loperamide. Feel good, other than the chills but its winter so thats expected :) and to let you know the lope actually lwt me pass a good sized turd so don't be worried -ghost

You know the funny thing is I actually drove all the way up to my brother and sisters place up in the boonies from where I live and have been ridin an ATV and just smokin some good herb. I'm still a lil cold and sore. But so far great sleep, went to the bathroom, and felt very comfortable so far . just gotta deal with the chills but I tryvto ignore them haha

Well today is the start of day 6 and I got a full nights sleep, and feel pretty good actually. Very relaxed . but still tired as I haven't had my coffee yet lol. The chills are lingering but for me that's Always the last to go. Hope you can all read this and find that lope does work if used in short term with a constant taper. :) -
Ghost

Cant stand those ligering chills though. Overall seems like a viable option.

Put more clothes on, sweat through them in 10 minutes then change them again cause your so dam cold and wet. Fun times.

I find showers and hot baths are the best but you can't live in a bath if your working and functioning still.

Last edited:
Put more clothes on, sweat through them in 10 minutes then change them again cause your so dam cold and wet. Fun times.

I find showers and hot baths are the best but you can't live in a bath if your working and functioning still.

Yeah showers def help. But I'm also getting this EXTREME inability to get interested in anything. Its about 1:27 here and still feel good other than chills and boredom.

The night time will be the worst but it sounds like your doing a lot better than straight up cold turkey if your riding an ATV so that's great be thankful. Hope you can find the strength to stay clean after this detox, BL has a great recovery forum where no drug talk is allowed and members who have the desire to get clean are supporting each other in this ugly battle to stay sober.

Well today is day 7 with no opiates . got another full nights sleep and feel all right . still have some mild chills and tired cause no coffee yet but waiting to see if once the lope half life wears off any withdrawal will happen. But all in all I think I'm in the clear :) - Ghost

Hope you're still doing well, Ghost!

I have been off oxy for over a week now thanks to loperamide. I was taking anywhere from 200 to 600 mg oxy per day. Barely any physical withdrawal symptoms, other than EXTREME fatigue. Pretty amazing!

I am still sober!! And yes the loperamide helped soooo much its unbelievable! Been snowboarding as much as I can and trying to keep busy. Still get bouts of boredom here and there but video games and the things I used to love are once again appealing to me! Hope you are doing good as well :)

Sorry to bump an old thread but thank you so much for posting Ghost. I made the decision to quit today and I wouldn't do it without people like you who shared this idea. I have 72 lopes and plan to use about 6 at a time until the withdrawal goes away. Hopefully it works like it did for you!

Sorry to bump an old thread but thank you so much for posting Ghost. I made the decision to quit today and I wouldn't do it without people like you who shared this idea. I have 72 lopes and plan to use about 6 at a time until the withdrawal goes away. Hopefully it works like it did for you!
Hi and welcome to Bluelight! You may want to use caution when taking loperamide. It has been linked to dangerous heart arrhythmia at large doses. I would only use it for the diarrhea that comes with withdrawals.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/760492-loperamide-dangers

Well it's not that easy. I am not sure what your experience is but too me it is worth the risk in order to quit all of the substances I am abusing. I can tell you right now that I have failed time after time going cold turkey so it's time to try something else. From what I have read it's helped so many people in the past so I think it's worth a shot.