View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MXE/KETAMINE for histironic/borderline personality disorder

wilham9

Greenlighter
I have heard that MXE can have a positive effect on depression and anxiety, which is very important to my friend who has a mixture betweenn GED/Borderline personality and histrionic p disorder, and majorly depressed. I was just wondering if MXE or Ketamine, on small doses, would prove to be beneficial for his health. He's never touched any dissoviate other than DXM, which he found somewhat enlightening but mostly weird. He has also tried shrooms and lsd, along with multiple others, his favorite of couse being Kratom and opiates... but anyways... nothing helps histioronic other than therapy, but ive been researching that MXE could actually aid in my friends depression in small doses? Does anyone have experience in this? I take kratom and I know MXE will get me off that. ANy risk of addiction or it an as needed type thing? Thanks, (new to community!)

Ketamine infusions are used by some clinics to treat depression (low doses are given IV over the course of an hour or so, then they repeat it every week until you experience some remission), but in that case it's not being on ketamine which is the desired effect, it's the after-effects that the ketamine induces in your brain that cause the lift in dpression. (Kind of like SSRI therapy) Ketamine can also be quite impairing to speech and cognitive functions - it will still make you feel "weird" like DXM.

MXE is less impairing and more stimulating, but it's not as well researched. I don't think there is a solid consensus on whether or not it works the exact same way as ketamine to lift depression, but it would make sense.

If MXE or ketamine is being self administered it can get rather addicting, keep that in mind. Some people find the unique mood elevating effect combined with dissociation a very desirable 'high'. It can also cause outright schizophrenic type deluisons and psycotic breaks if you dose it too high or combine it with other drugs like stimulants or psyctedelics. I don't know if someone with Borderline/Histrionic personality is the best person to be doing dissociatives.

Ketamine infusions are used by some clinics to treat depression (low doses are given IV over the course of an hour or so, then they repeat it every week until you experience some remission),

Where do they do this, and since when? I haven't heard of it.