View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

MXE for creativity?

MrYessir

Greenlighter
(warning: I'm new to the place so let me know if i'm doing something wrong)
Was wondering if this (MXE) would be a good substance for creativity? Particularly for writing/recording music. I love DXM for creativity which is a dissociative of similar nature.
So far I am getting mescaline and lsd, but I will add MXE to the list if I get some good feedback. Only reason it was removed is because I saw one person give a review saying it hindered her creative ability a little bit. I'm looking to get some more opinions. Any feedback helps even if you are not an artist or creative person.
Thanks folks

While on the main effects of a moderate/strong dose (4-6 hours) i can't be that functional (like use music software meaningfully, or play instruments that well), though passive listening to music can be amazing (set the needed equipment up beforehand though ;)). After that, or even the next day afterglow on higher doses can give me a creativity boost, though i find it's better for just coming up with general changes of ideas or mindset, possibly leading to more functional creativity in the following days/weeks - though this isn't consistent and reduces with regular use: make the most of your first few experiences/afterglows :)

^ thanks for the feedback brother. sounds like it can be used for creativity for maybe writing lyrics or something.

I used to love doing photography and writing on MXE. Lately I find it too stoning. Not sure if that's due to batch variance, or just me. Tempted to try in combo with a mild stim dose (perhaps just caffeine).

Last edited:
I enjoy producing music on a light dose, with a tolerance. Without any tolerance it's pretty damn hard to operate any kind of music software.

thanks for insight folks! so i assume after i build a tolerance i would be able to write/lay vocals down but probably not construct an ensemble of instruments. i appreciate the feedback and still wanna hear opinions!

I have yet to do MXE but I could play guitar easily on K (although I probably wouldn't be able to write any music). I guess it depends on the dose.

If you dose low you can do any part of the music creation process well, just dose low. There's a difference of like 5mg that separates being able to do everything or look at my DAW and wut.

^ yup, with experience, dosage and with tolerance all factored in the dissociation can become quite the opposite. You can find yourself actually better at things like writing and music. Otherwise, when you're dissociated your movements are disjointed and memory poor. So yeah, keep the dose low if you are using it for the first time for this purpose.