View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Musical steroids

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Yesterday I had a very strange and amazing experience while candy flipping. I'm already somewhat of a musical savant, as I've understood music theory from the age of 3 without any direction, and I play several instruments as well as sing. I also have mild autism, which may have contributed to the above. Anyway, I've just picked the drums up seriously (I used to fool around and I can come up with/play beats) and I have to plan a beat out carefully and practice it a couple times before I play it normally, and even then I mess up a significant amount of the time. I've only been playing for about two weeks, although I used to drum on everything as a little kid and had a small amount of prior practice in childhood, but nothing I really remember. I've got decent speed and can play a lot of stuff by ear as long as it's not too complicated or fast, but I'm not what you'd call "fluent". This time, I was experiencing musical synesthesia, and I took to the drums and started playing them ridiculously well.

It was almost as if a wall in my mind was lifted. My movements were fluid and nearly perfect. Every time I hit a drum, my vision would flash a different color, with one color specific to each drum. Also, I was feeling them as sensation beyond my sticks hitting the drums. I was playing more quickly than I've ever played and messing up much less than normal. I mean normally I'm more musically creative on psychedelics but I was playing at about 3 times my normal capacity, it was insane. I was also improvising and successfully playing as I went, for the first time on drums. My mom had heard me playing, and she said she'd never heard anything like it even though she's seen tons of psychedelic music, and many other genres as well. Share your experiences, has anyone had this happen to them?

Last edited:
Played guitar on mdma few times during jam and it was really good. Couldn't stop playing.
Otherwise I mixed few tracks for the pleasure on lsd or candyflipping and it was great.
Anyway candyflipping is one of the best combo for music be it passive or active. Huge perception increase, fully immerse, great emotions, ...