• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Musical Snobbery/Cultured Taste/Image Conscious Egoist

Townes is definitely country.

Although country is such a very blurry category, ranging from the naffiest / cringiest of stuff to some truly great stuff.

I like country where it intersects with folk music which I guess is where the best material from the likes of TVZ and Johnny Cash fits in.

He's also heavily influenced by blues also though isnt he, so the record shops might have had quite a hard knowing which section to put his records in. Most would have been found in the country section though I'm sure.

And as for music snobbery, I guess I definitely am, although that's purely along the lines of detesting certain genres the likes of which fill up the bulk of day time radio 1 schedule. Fortunately I long since stopped caring what the likes of the NME would consider "cool" or not and would deliberately put something like Springsteen or Dire Straits on to irk those hipster types who only listen to whatever music that happens to be hip for that season.

That's what annoys me more is people who use music as a fashion accessory to score hip points or something. Some of the music I listen to happens to be hip, some definitely isn't, but the important thing for me is whether I like it or not. Not whether it's hip or not. That's irrelevant to me.

Last edited:
Townes is definitely country.

Although country is such a very blurry category, ranging from the naffiest / cringiest of stuff to some truly great stuff.

I like country where it intersects with folk music which I guess is where the best material from the likes of TVZ and Johnny Cash fits in.

He's also heavily influenced by blues also though isnt he, so the record shops might have had quite a hard knowing which section to put his records in. Most would have been found in the country section though I'm sure.

And as for music snobbery, I guess I definitely am, although that's purely along the lines of detesting certain genres the likes of which fill up the bulk of day time radio 1 schedule. Fortunately I long since stopped caring what the likes of the NME would consider "cool" or not and would deliberately put something like Springsteen or Dire Straits on to irk those hipster types who only listen to whatever music that happens to be hip for that season.

That's what annoys me more is people who use music as a fashion accessory to score hip points or something. Some of the music I listen to happens to be hip, some definitely isn't, but the important thing for me is whether I like it or not. Not whether it's hip or not. That's irrelevant to me.
100% Truth.