• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Music Thread

I can only imagine how terrible that must have been, without tampering.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNOHyGP7thk[/video]

I saw the Beach Boys at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City NJ in summer 1976 i just turned 15 years old that summer. I wasnt a big beach boys fan my older brother thats 9 years older than me was so he bought tickets for me and my other brother. As it turned out it was one of the coolest concerts i ever went to, i'll never forget it driving there in my brothers 1972 plymouth road runner when we got there you had to park by old broken closed factorys and walk in the dark to old baseball stadium it still had old advertisements on outfield walls from the 50s and 60s fucking timewarp. So we get there and i split up and make my way down to a couple rows from stage standing. One of the great parts of concert i remember all of a sudden i had two hands on my shoulders and two boobs in my back lol some girl i didnt know was standing on a milk crate behind me so thats where i stayed the whole concert! I remember the song Sail on Sailor with the nice summer breeze blowing was a really great memory even though im a hard rocker i became a Beach Boys fan that night!. sorry for long story

Last dose-that is a really awesome story- wishing I was there. My taste in music very eclectic. My dad was in a band and exsposed me to alot of cool stuff. He was a beach boys fan but his band was rock. He listened to Otis Redding too - and got me loving him too. All kinds of great and different stuff. I love R&B. I also love dancing-so dance music. As well as I'd love to ballroom dance-learn the tango and salsa and all that amazing stuff. Thats on my bucket list.

Im not a crazed Beach Boys fan - but the songs I love by them I love. I would love to hear Sail on Sailor on a Summer night w the breeze blowing through my hair- except instead of boobs against my back - being standing near a hot dude lol. "....uninspired, drenched and tired...Sail on sail on sailor...". Love you guys. If I could hand pick an NA meeting- and a fantastic support system- you guys, Sim and TPD would be it. Interesting, strong yet vulnerable, honest...what more can you ask for. And Erikmen too. <3