View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Music for Getting Over Yourself on LSD

NicolasWrukolas

Greenlighter
Short story is I'm looking for music to listen to during the peak of a solo LSD trip. I will be taking 1 fairly strong blotter.

This trip is for therapeutic purposes. To give you an idea of where I'm at mentally I plan on starting the peak with songs such as Reflection by TOOL and VooDoo by GodSmack.

I'm hoping to move past that music, but that's the general start. I'm open to all genres of music. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

My first suggestion:

Explosions in the Sky, The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

Beautiful spiritual music in the Western tradition:

Thomas Tallis, Spem in Alium
Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Canticum Canticorom
Quite short, but ... Henry Lawes, Psalm VIII, (*soundtrack to my most profound psychedelic experience, TR here)

If you are into/open to the Grateful Dead, maybe not to your taste, maybe an acquired taste, but my top 2:

Grateful Dead, 3/1/69, Fillmore West
5/8/77, Barton Hall, Cornell University

Last edited:
Late autechre (like the albums oversteps or exai) so cold and alien that you will be able to paint any picture that you want, and you truly guide the energy, but so delicate and ornate that you stay positive due to the beauty of the music.

Thank you for all of the suggestions everyone! I'm definitely into TGD and plan on finishing my peak with Ripple. I drop in about an hour ish. See you on the other side!

Recommended from different genre but great for your purpose and general listening

Elder - III (from Dead Roots Stirring) [stoner]
Lorn - ACID RAIN [electronica]
Mount Fuji Doomjazz Ensemble - the McGuffin (Here be Dragons) [drone doomjazz]
Gridlock - Atomontage (Chrometaphor also - or whole album Formless), ego annihilating [post-industrial]
Ben Frost - I lay my ear to furious latin (albums By the Throat and Steel Wound) [experimental, drone, ambient, post-industrial]
Forest Swords - Engravings [lo-fi experimental]
Pale Sketcher - The Rainy Season [experimental]
Jon Hopkins - Insides [idm, electronica]
Oliveray - Wonders [piano, electronic, ambient]
And for more amazing and profound piano Nils Frahm or Ben Lukas Boysen - Gravity

For desolate and ultra deep ambient something like Raison d'Être... , Deaf center?

This belongs in one of the music fora though..

(Also, epic thread title)

Last edited:
Late autechre (like the albums oversteps or exai) so cold and alien that you will be able to paint any picture that you want, and you truly guide the energy, but so delicate and ornate that you stay positive due to the beauty of the music.
props to best answer in thread. late autechre is the greatest tripping music ever made, you can never go back.