• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Music festival thread! When and where?

yeah, but you know there will be strict policy of distance and masks. I'd rather support local acts with a loose mask policy. Wearing one for extended hours is too much to handle. @deficiT

yeah, but you know there will be strict policy of distance and masks. I'd rather support local acts with a loose mask policy. Wearing one for extended hours is too much to handle. @deficiT
Yeah, I could understand that for sure. I guess I'm just used to the masks from wearing them all day at work going into people's houses, because I barely even notice wearing them now.

I’ve got a couple lined up this year...

So idk if I mentioned this but one that I was supposed to hit this summer decided to pull an exit scam type of deal where they basically bailed with everyone’s money, and told us no refunds.

Well the company selling the tickets decided to be nice and provide refunds anyways, and will likely be chasing these organizers down. On top of that we doxxed and harassed these fuckers who thought they could rob us. In the end I can bet they regret what they did...

Now I’ve got some new small festivals on the horizons. As well as back ups Incase my current ones fall through.

I wouldn’t mind wearing a mask even vaccinated just as long as I can listen to good music, I’ll bitch about it next year. Right now I just NEED the music lol.

-GC

Less than 2 weeks and I’ll be at a tiny festival with all my friends n family again!!

Can’t wait :)

-GC

I came across this site

Seeing The Peach Festival and Camp Bisco both in Scranton at Montage Mountain. It's a good place for a day festival, but not a multi day festival. You camp on a ski slope.

I kind of wanted to go to Shambala but Im pretty sure its cancelled. There isnt jack for Canada yet on the end of having shows to go to.

I think I'm gonna have to hit up Bonnaroo depending on the lineup. I haven't been since 2010.
We were at Roo the same year, I think... Shame we didn't touch base. The line up this year looks... Okay, not worth it to me.

I have The taste of pot smoke and beer in the morning on a hot summer day. That's just like being at the campground.

I got word last month that both festivals I had tickets for were postponed again. Thanks Covid/Canada lol

The festival I went to was absolutely insane. It was a small limited capacity event to kinda prepare for the big one to come later in Fall.

For me soon as the bass hit I started crying, I kid you not. Tears of joy. To me it’s like a drug that I could never afford but can at least get a taste every now and then.

It took some getting used to for everyone. By the last night it was like I’d never been without. But lots of kids getting way too fucked up n what not cuz they’d been stuck inside for so long. Lots of K’ed out people which isn’t my taste.

Came back to camp one day to find this chubby dude sitting on our cooler, his face somewhat obscured by tree branches around his face.

First thing he says “I’m a tree.” And we burst out laughing our asses off. Before long this kids like “you guys need anything?” And my brother asked for some cocaine thinking he’d buy a bit.

This dude literally, and I kid you not, dumps a gram into my brothers hand/snuffbox and was like “here for free.” My brother looked at like “wtf am I supposed to do with this” and gave it his best effort snorting it before dumping the rest on the ground.

I walk up and he asks me what I want, im like “ya I could use some dose” thinking I’d buy some. Without looking he just pulls out more sheets than I’d ever seen and tears off some hits without even looking and gives them to me for free.

I hug him and tell him he reminds me of me, which then he replies in this barely intelligible possibly polish accent “I don’t sell drugs anymore, I provide experiences..” At that point I was in love with this dude.

Then before we knew it he was gone. We laughed over it for hours, one guy cracking up saying “I’d never seen anything so high class, dude dumps a gram in your hand you take one bump and toss the rest on the ground.” That guy had been our fat greasy gangster angel from above.

We were wondering if we’d see him again, on the last day we come back to camp and who do we see sitting on our cooler? First thing he says without skipping a beat, “I’m a tree.” Lol.

Our best guess is he is some mob type that felt the power of a proper experience and loved being the guy to give to others. It was beautiful.

Who knows maybe it doesn’t sound as funny on here but shit had us dying.

Lots of UK folks too, which was fun cuz you guys get wild. Actually felt like had some people to dance with for once, Americans are too lazy at times. I remember one point we were all losing it in the crowd and look on some of their faces was priceless.

Good fucking time. Got a one nighter in Aug then another weekend late Sept. 2021 turning out to be the year for the small festivals to thrive.

-GC

Good fucking time.
Sounds like a great time dude! I really want to go to a festival but I don't think it's in the cards for me anytime soon. I will settle for a standalone show at some point.

Sounds like a great time dude! I really want to go to a festival but I don't think it's in the cards for me anytime soon. I will settle for a standalone show at some point.

I really miss shows, and unfortunately I’m pretty much fucked on those until I move again next spring. My current location is conservative as hell and the few groups that threw local events lost steam and decided to stop.

For me festivals and shows are two very different atmospheres and I need both. Festivals are more focused on social bonding, whereas with a show it only being 3-6hrs long, I can go in on the alcohol and stimulants to dance hard. I don’t drink or take traditional stimulants at festivals.

So that also creates a really different headspace for dancing too for me, dancing at shows is more intense, usually better believe it or not cuz I only have a few drinks and it’s not about endurance. At festivals it’s about getting into this zone where thoughts leave the mind and dancing comes natural for hours and hours on end. Towards the end of 12hrs I’m usually just swaying at that point but it feels so damn good to make it that long.

I know you didn’t really ask but couldn’t help sharing. :)

-GC

I know you didn’t really ask but couldn’t help sharing.
I'm always interested in stuff like that. 👍

I miss shows. I've only ever been to 3 festivals but I definitely want to get another couple in sometime soon. Living in a recovery house now so won't be anytime soon but maybe next year sometime.