View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Music binding and lysergamide use: getting stuck in one groove

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
I was reflecting on my listening habits over the last 30 years and feel like I’ve not ventured far from a few key albums. They aren’t exactly seminal works, more obscure really. But I’ve settled in nicely with them, so much that they have become almost singular in my focus.
The music I heard during my first acid trips is on perma-repeat and I cycle through those albums in my car, finding no urge to obtain new musical releases - - even though that exploration would be amazing, it’s almost as if I use the music to go back to that time, maybe. So I keep it locked into the tight groove I established between myself and the acid that seared the impressions, music, and visuals all together in my memory.

Anyway, my question is whether you have experienced this, or other forms of repeatability when it comes to the partaking/observation of art, music or film.
For example, my second trip was with 2 tabs, a vcr, and a copy of Up In Smoke. Didn’t move for 10 hours, kept rewinding and playing, laughing, rewinding . . .
I still get cravings to watch that movie and listen to those influential tracks - and when I do, they are no less enjoyable.

On the other hand, when new media comes around, I enjoy it, digest it and move on (ultimately back to my comfy media nest).
New things don’t have the same pull for me.
What is with this, anyone even get what I’m jankily rambling about here? Had this happen?
Or do I just reeeeealy need to get out more?

Thanks

I explore alot of new things every trip to keep it fresh and will revist old songs after i havent listened to them on many trips to get that fresh punch back in them.

Depends on what you search for in music to trip to. I personally love ambient its unbeatable it will make you trip hard if you find a few good albums or songs

Ott should be in every user of LSDs of playlist

This is a hard hitting psychedelic song if played on loop and a strong hit of acid for a newbie and they will never be the same

never chase the feelings of one trip to another each trip is unique.

LSD truly shines with newer experiences

Thanks for sharing! I'm digging this music!!!
Anyone else a perma-looper, though?

If anything I wonder the intertubes looking for new shit.

Everything is in it's place.

No worries. The universe always tells Me to embrace where I'm at because I could move at any time.

Over time though... This fear that is started with the basics of ORANGE, slowly developed confidence and strength in this moving time thing.

It helps Me enjoy life even more. I used to live life like I was about to die... Now, that that obviously has not happened...
I keep going and it feels better and better each and every way.

It helps Me enjoy life even more. I used to live life like I was about to die... Now, that that obviously has not happened...
I keep going and it feels better and better each and every way.
This is good, HeatlessBbq. The saw blade of life is tilted upward; things may go up and down like a saw blade, but overall, if you tip the blade upward, we get better over the long time.

BTW, what are the basics of ORANGE?

Man I love Ott... He was one of the first electronic artists I’d ever seen.

For me it’s the opposite, I feel as I age my music tastes and desire becomes stronger and harder to please. I’m constantly hunting for the freshest of fresh, and when I stumble upon that new track that hits just right it’s heaven.

I can listen back on some old stuff with nostalgia but I don’t really enjoy it enough unless I’m on some shit lol.

All this said, I’m not average with music. I’m big into dancing too and this probably effects my tastes. I’ve gotta be able to move well to it.

These days I’m a snob and sound system, music/artist, venue, everything needs to be perfect or I’ll walk right the fuck out.

-GC