• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Music and drug related songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocaine

Greenlighter
I've heard that music becomes more vivid, enjoyable and intense when you're intoxicated with drugs. I was just wondering if anyone agrees with this, and does the music become extremely enjoyable when intoxicated or is it only slightly better than when you're sober?

Also does anyone know of any drug related songs? Thanks. :)

Really really dumb hip-hop music does become about 1000x more enjoyable when you're extremely stoned.

I like bass loud enough that it vibrates my spinal chord ;) so, to summarize: a bag of chronic + expensive stereo system + really really dumb hip-hop music = good times

The only class of drugs that I haven't really noticed effecting music are benzos. Everything else makes it sound anything from better to fucking incredible.

I'd say that music pretty much unanimously sounds better with drugs than without. The best I've heard is on a candyflip. Music becomes as cool as it can possibly be, and not in any shitty poser kind of way. It becomes extremely tribal and advanced.

COIL - TIME MACHINES

1 7-Methoxy-β-Carboline: (Telepathine) 23:10
2 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Ethyl-Amphetamine: (DOET/Hecate) 13:28
3 5-Methoxy-N,N-Dimethyl: (5-MeO-DMT) 10:02
4 4-Indolol,3-[2-(Dimethylamino)Ethyl],Phosphate Ester: (Psilocybin) 26:51

sound here:

https://www.discogs.com/Time-Machines-Time-Machines/release/59116

used to trip out to this in highschool on various drugs..... its the best!

MDMA/Ecstasy is fucking great with music. Any music, it doesn't matter.

I always found that while high on opiates music doesn't get better but the euphoria high is 10000x better which in turn makes the music much more enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7eA3oH5Ig&index=153&list=PLjn75qYQOazEWuY3s0yQ3tJ1Lappp2_pf - My all time favourite song while on opiates, usually about 30 minutes after dosing when the high is kicking in I'll put this song on and just listen. By the way that's a link to my playlist also, every song on there is pretty decent IMO.

like this song but the video is addictive and seems to mess with time perception. Goes great with anything listed above .

Last edited:
It's true
Whenever I listen to Death Grips for example I feel just as I did when I first heard them, out of my mind (I don't know if this is a lasting effect or my imagination, or even just really dumb hip hop=D)

OP, please familiarize yourself with the forum guidelines for Basic Drug Discussion. We are focused around the philosophy of Harm Reduction and the discussion of subjective musical experience while under the influence is not related.

Status
Not open for further replies.