• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] P. Azurescens & P. Cyanescens

Merging with the appropriate thread. :)

I think this type of Psilocybes is absolutely awesome, very potent and lucid!

I have taken many a voyage, at min about 75, and I would do them all. Make sure you have an anchor point,something that you know is real and can find easily i your mind , chew well with chocolate until its almost liquid and swallow. Wait about45 minutes and enjoy! Let us know .

Well I'm now trying to get spores of Cyanescens (practically for free, great source) so that I can start cultivating spawn to later sow in a hole in the ground in the garden.

Has anyone else tried this with Cyanescens or Azurescens? What happened?

I have a degree in Graphic arts (Washington Technical Institute) and mycology (Seattle Community College).

My website can be viewed at this URL:

http://www.mushroomjohn.org

Your website is terrible, I mean the information and the content is fantastic but the layout, presentation, colour scheme and design aspects of the site are truly 3rd rate, uninspiring and just plain basic, just sayin. Maybe a nice background, a header pic, a side menu, a gallery with a cool interface, you know - something a bit psychedelic.

I've been holding on to this gram of cyanescens for a little bit that I put off taking due to some personal issues. I am feeling somewhat better and think I might take 1/2 gram on Tuesday. I am really excited since it has been at least 3 years since I have done mushrooms. Six years ago I had what I think were azureescens or cyanescens; not sure though can't remember the name but they were extremely potent a gave me a good trip off of .6 grams.

Well I'm now trying to get spores of Cyanescens (practically for free, great source) so that I can start cultivating spawn to later sow in a hole in the ground in the garden.

Has anyone else tried this with Cyanescens or Azurescens? What happened?

Are you set up for sterile culture technique, ie hepa filter, agar, plates, etc? If not, go to the shroomery and try one of the liquid inoculation techniques on a mix of hardwood ( critical) chips and sawdust., or carboard, egg cartons and chips mix. Once established sterility is counterproductive using this method, transfer to to totes of more chips and sawdust, and let grow in cool temps through winter, kept moist but not sopping. Some air circulation and drainage is critical. Depends on your climate, but then transplant outside in spring into beds of more hardwood chips and dust. I'd keep em covered in cardboard in summer, watering regularly, and remove the cardboard in fall. Should have vigorous rhyzomorphic mycelial growth by now. Keep wet. You can plant some grasses or top dress with more soaked chips to retain moisture, and then watch those beautiful primordia form once it is cold and wet enough. In my experience all cyanescens strains were much more vigorous and easy than azurescens, who are picky. Get it down and you can harvest pounds from a 10' x 10' chipped area, 6"-12" deep. And then just replenish your wood chips every year. Very easy. And fun! The shroomery is a good resource for more info.

Thanks very much!

No I do not have a laminar flow hood or anything like that, I do have a DIY glovebox that I have used in the past by spraying generously with alcohol before use (which occasionally caused a nice little explosion when a flame was added for needle sterilization :D ). And I do have agar and petri dishes and stuff if necessary. I am not sure if this setup would be enough or if a real hood with filter is necessary?

Sure the shroomery is the place to be for stuff like this but I was interested to hear from fellow bluelighters and their stories.

I'll give the liquid inoculation method a go if it is not necessary for the mycelium to go through a non-wood stage first. I take it you are talking about the technique where a mixture of starch, water and sugars is inoculated to yield a myc suspension? I built a magnetic stirrer for that purpose, to keep the myc from forming actual hyphae.

Copied this from another thread, quoting myself here. I just wanted to discuss cultivation of Ps. Azurescens, Ps. Cyanescens and Panaeolus Cyanescens here now that I started my cultvation.

Copelandias are Panaeolus Cyanescens and they are the white anorexic looking ones. They don't do so well outdoors apparently. Coincidentally I got spores of those as a bonus when I got the other spores very recently.
What I am talking about is Psilocybe Cyanescens, the caramel colored wavy cap mushrooms.

They are both contestors for the most potent mushroom, the difference is that the psilocybes are more massive per average specimen even when compared dry. I guess because the Copelandias / Pans reduce to almost nothing and have a freakish potency of something like even 2-3% alkaloid they are said to pack such a huge punch but you can trip as hard or harder off the Psilocybe Cyanescens.

And yes I have experienced them before (they were called Hawaiian mushrooms when they were still legally available here in the Netherlands) and if I remember their appearance I'd say those were Pans.

Unfortunately I can't find my petri dishes so for now there is no myc sectoring isolation and cloning for me, today I initiated liquid cultures that I hope to inoculate substrate with on sunday. My substrate is sawdust and wheat bran. Later I will transfer to corrugated cardboard and mixed-type wood chips.
I could not get vermiculite (it can be ordered for next wednesday but I will be out of town again since I don't live around here), but I think that I can substitute with perlite. When using it as part of the substrate you can't do this but I am only supposed to use it as a casing in the cake-jars.

The Panaeolus is for later because I will do them indoors so it is season independent. However I will station this at my dad's for now, he likes biology and growing things for a hobby/fun as well so I will teach him but I will start with one of the several Cubensis strains I have before moving on to Pans.

Oh and to clear something up from page 1 of this thread: casing is apparently required for Panaeolus Cyans but not required for Psilocybe Cyanescens.

And I saw a youtube vid header somewhere that spoke of success after spraying liquid culture on the ground, haha that would be wild!