• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

Do you find the taste of shrooms disgusting (enough to take measures - which? ) ?

• I don't mind the taste and eat them dry or fresh just fine

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • It is a bit nasty but I just suck it up and chew on them anyway

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • I mind the taste a lot, I eat them as quickly as possible

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I hate the taste, only use in tea or soup, (etc)

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other (... state in post)

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
^^Common, except for people who have unpleasant trips.
Which I believe is relatively rare.

Methods of Preparation, Dosage and Preservation

There are many different ways to prepare magic mushrooms for human consumption. However, the organic method is probably the most popular means employed. Psilocybian mushrooms are either eaten fresh (which supposedly produces the most powerful and intensely visual experience), or dried and consumed at a later date. Some users freeze their mushrooms for later use, while others put them in capsules. Freezing the mushrooms for later use is not recommended. Mixing psilocybian mushrooms in milk or fruit shakes (known as mushroom smoothies) or tea are also common methods employed by those who dislike the natural taste of the mushrooms. Cooking the mushrooms in a soup, stew or omelette to alleviate the acrid taste of psilocybian fungi is also popular. Other methods include serving the mushrooms on toast with jam or honey. Chocolate and honey were served with magic mushrooms by Aztecs priests during Montezuma's coronation and at other Aztec festivals and celebrations. Popular ludible use in this new century has brought to the attention of the public a new method of employment for the consumption of mushrooms; cooked in candies and gift wrapped. However, it is best to eat the mushrooms on an empty stomach. The mushrooms may be rinsed carefully in water, but it should be mentioned that psilocybin is water soluble and some lose some of the active ingredients. Remember, psilocybine and psilocine are controlled substances.

A dehydrater is probably one of the best methods for drying fresh picked mushrooms. However, if a dehydrator is not available then the best method for drying mushrooms is as follows: at home, place several sheets of newspaper on a table or in a high dry area. Separate and spread the mushrooms evenly across the newspaper and make sure that they are not touching one another. After 2-3 days the mushrooms will have shrunk down to virtually nothing. This occurs because the mushrooms are approximately 95% water. The color of the mushrooms will also change as they dry. After a few days, handle a mushroom specimen to see if it has completely dried. It may feel rubbery but in no way will it break apart like a fresh stem would.

Next turn the oven on to 350 degrees and let it heat up. After 20 minutes turn the oven off and crack open the oven door until it stays cracked open. Let the oven cool off for no more than five minutes. Next place the dried mushrooms on several layers of newspaper and place them into the oven leaving the door cracked open. In twenty minutes remove the mushrooms from the oven and let stand in the air for ten minutes. Store the dried mushrooms in glass bottles with a rubber gasket and seal. This will insure that the potency of the mushrooms will remain for years to come. Also keep them away from direct light and heat. Do not store the mushrooms in honey. Another easier method for drying mushrooms is to place them in open pizza boxes under a bed or on a shelf in the home, letting fresh air flow through and ceiling heat to dry them. This method takes about two to three days without much loss of potency. They can then be stored in a jar with a lid and kept away from heat or light.

The mushrooms may then be eaten as is, or ground up into a powder and placed into double-ought gelatin capsules for later use. Dosages vary within each individual species of mushroom and care should be taken when experimenting with entheogenic mushrooms. Dosage for the home grown mushroom Psilocybe cubensis and/or Psilocybe subcubensis is from 1 to 5 grams (dried), and from 1 to more than an ounce (fresh). This would be approximately 1 to 2 big mushrooms weighing 1 fresh ounce or from 5 to 25 small mushrooms weighing up to 1 fresh ounce. Dosage for Psilocybe semilanceata has been reported to be from 10 to 20 mushrooms fresh weighing approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of a fresh ounce and from 1 to 2 grams dried. Dosage for Psilocybe stuntzii, Psilocybe pelliculosa and/or Psilocybe silvatica is 20 to 40 fresh mushrooms or 2 to 3 grams dried. Dosage for Psilocybe cyanescens, Psilocybe baeocystis and Psilocybe azurescens is 1 large mushroom or 2 to 3 small specimens. Psilocybe baeocystis is potent when fresh but apparently loses more than 80% of its potency in drying while Psilocybe cyanescens and liberty caps retain about 90% of their potency when drying. Psilocybe azurescens loses potency when stored for over a short period of time of several months. Copelandia cyanescens are very potent when fresh but in drying, a dose would be 1-2 dried grams. When fresh this species is potent at one to 7 or 10 mushrooms. Panaeolus subbalteatus is basically approximately the same as for Psilocybe cubensis. 3-5 dried grams or more than one fresh ounce.

When consuming fresh or dried mushrooms, it is better to take them in the evening on an empty stomach. Avoid bright lights because they will divert from the visuals effects for which the mushrooms are famous. The darker the room, the more visuals one may experience. Consume the mushrooms over a 15-20 minute period and the experience will commence within 15 minutes up to half of an hour. The slow emergence to the come on of the experience is so much more tranquil and relaxed. When consumed in the form of tea or liquid, the experience will commence within 5 to 10 minutes and could be compared to the effect of a rocket during lift-off. I usually drink a pint of nestles chocolate milk with the mushrooms. Remember the Aztecs served the mushrooms to dignitaries during festivals with either chocolate or honey. They never preserved them in honey.

If should be mentioned that there is just as much psilocybine in the caps of the mushrooms as there is in the stems. I mention this because I have observed people who eat the cap and throw away the stems.

Some individuals have reported that strychnine is present in psilocybian mushrooms. This is not true. Freshly picked psilocybian mushrooms will not make anyone sick. Do not abuse this earthly treasure and the treasure will not abuse you. Be cool and safe and enjoy that which you have just learned and experienced.

mjshroomer

Some specimens of liberty caps from 1861 were recently analyzed and found to be potent at 1 gram or more, and were preserved well enough to be as potent as liberty caps picked the same year of analysis. in the late 1970s.

Material copyright by J.W. Allen, 1997-2008

And do not be taking downers, tranquilizers or anti psychotics-antidepressants with psilocybian containing mushrooms. And that especially includes cough syrups such as DXM. That was meant for the teenage crowd who sometimes likes to huff and puff and drink cough syrups.

This is not good for the shrooms and most definitely not good for you or your body.

mjshroomer

Remember these are serious plant teachers and they do not like those kind of compounds interfering with their magic.

[Psilocybin Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

I had a friend who said that his mushroom trips lasted a lot longer whenever he ate them powdered in capsules. In fact he would eat them this way whenever he took them with LSD, so that the two drugs would last about the same amount of time.

Is it true that the trip is considerably lengthened when the mushrooms are ingested in this way?

^Theres no real reason why powdering the mushrooms wuld lengthen the experience; if anything, the increased surface area of the shrooms in your gut would allow for more rapid and complete absorption, so the effects would kick in a bit quicker and more intensely.

I've never tripped for more then about 2-4 hours of mushrooms, usually about 4.

INSAMITYTYTYTY said:
sorry if this is off-topic, but does anyone have any experiance with how well mushy tea keeps? I'm planning on going on a road trip soon and wanted to bottle up 1/8's in tea into some 20 oz bottles just to take along. I would assume that they'd be just fine for a week like that, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

I wouldn't be so sure....I mean think about it, watery fungus juice- compare it to, say, orange juice which I wouldn't have unrefrigerated for a week. Why don't you just powder the mushrooms and make tea as you go? A) you can dose when you want without fear of being ill and B) cuts down on carrying and wasting plastic and stuff.....

I heard if you get the smoke of psylocybin mush in your eyes you go blind... anyways...

Um....bullshit :)

Another question

I was reading this post in another thread and am wondering if it's true that premature mushrooms are that much more potent. The ones I have are mostly premature ones and I don't want to accidentally overdose myself tonight.

FWIW another friend of mine would harvest his early while they were around this stage because he said they would be more potent that way. He doesn't read Erowid or BL or anything so I'm not sure where he got this idea. Any help with this is appreciated, and thanks to swilow for answering my query above^^:)

^I believe they are equipotent, but of smaller weight ie. same amount of psilocybin but less mushroom matter. I could very very very well be wrong. Though I believe that psilocybin production sptops once the fruit starts sporulating (made up words rocks), so catching them young can be good. But it doesn't let them make little mushroom babies though :(

Ultimately, I'm unsure- I always pick wild shrooms, and they vary in size immensely, so I just go by dry weight.

Hmm I think that the potency varies as well due to weather conditions/time of year/phase of moon/insert random invented reason here etc.

On a brighter note my missus just discovered we have a jar full of them !

^ I guess the only way to be sure then is to eat them! I might powder and cap them this time as I've never tried this mode of ingestion before. I'll be sure to follow up with any interesting results.

I usually coat dried ones with cream cheese - seems to work well enough for me. :)

B9 said:
Hmm I think that the potency varies as well due to weather conditions/time of year/phase of moon/insert random invented reason here etc.

On a brighter note my missus just discovered we have a jar full of them !

Make sure you approach the jar from the angle that Mecca doesn't face, clockwise, while a menstruating woman dances the Salsa fourteen metres to the right of your left- increases potency by 13 snipshivits.

B9 said:
I usually coat dried ones with cream cheese - seems to work well enough for me. :)

Yuck. Nufffffff sed. Thats icky S9.

^ Nah they slide down most satisfactorily - either that or mushroom coffee - after straining them. :)
Everything's great now summer is rearing it's warm yelllow head again!

[Psilocybin Mushrooms Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

i was given 1.9- 2g of mush an i was wondering what to expect. Im very experienced w/ psychedelics RC's an such. but a 1/8th is lowest ive ever eaten. The guy says they ae really good and i beleive him, he gave me 1 x pill an it rocked my world last month. So worth it ? or save or sell

Are they cubies or what? Depending on what kind of mushrooms they are then 2g could be more intense than you might think.

I'd eat 'em anyway.

im not sure of the species but they are what i usually find around. cap is the size of a quarter or half dollar about 1/2 inch thick, gold or orangesh cap, blue/dark grey gills, stems are 2 inches long about the thickness of a bic pen greyish/white blue tint.i kno this doesnt describe much but ive gotteen mush that was real little stems with the caps not open all the way, real little ones. the best i ever had was ones that were so thick stems were like big thumbs off a big hand, and caps were beautiful and huge with gold and silver flakes AWESOME SHROOMS. thanks all

[Psilocybin Mushrooms Subthread] Methods of Administration

I live in amsterdam, so getting a hold of psilocybin mushrooms is no problem for me. however, i am curious as to the best way of taking them. meaning, what method will give me the best/strongest trip from a standard dose? the methods i know so far:
-eating raw/fresh
-eating dried
-boiling fresh in water
-boiling dried in water
-making omelet (?)
-mixing with cup-a-soup after boiled

i don't care about taste, i can choke down the foulest of things, just if anyone could tell me the most potent method then please do so.

Chew up the mushrooms(perferably dry) till they are just mush and let em sit in your mouth for around 10 minutes.

If you don't care about taste or anything, just eat some fresh mushrooms.