• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Mushrooms Subthread] Different Strains & Cultivation

Oh I see. Does the grow chamber actually need to face the light? I simply just put it out of the dark and into the light. Not sure how much light is needed, does it need to be right in front of the light strictly?

6 Is enough, we just use 12/12 by convention.

Again i'm going to say that these types of questions are far better suited for the experts at mycotopia. They are far more accommodating than those at shroomery (mainly because shroomery gets lots of noob questions). Go lurk at mycotopia and you'll find answers to every question you never knew you had.

i'm just wondering what the look is like before the fruiting stage? does it look similar to a plant where a tiny version of the plant starts to grow or not really? when a mushroom starts growing does it start off as a small version of the final product? All I see now are cob-web like stuff on my chamber. i'm waiting for something to come out of this.

For my P Azurescens, I injected this type of bag: http://everythingmushrooms.com/grow...ocket-mushroom-grow-bag-w-injection-site-3lb/

The rye grain in middle part turned white so I mixed it along with the sawdust, 2 days later (that was quick), what looked like jumbo sized cotton balls blossomed. Now do I leave this in the "grow bag" or should I dump it in a "grow chamber" or baking foil medium? I have another bulk substrate for woodlovers that I could perhaps mix this with as well. I have this woodlover bulk substrate: http://www.out-grow.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=21&zenid=tmgc4kq4k3qh6lfr6h9gl60rl1

I kept this bulk substrate frozen in my freezer because I wasn't going to use it sooner, but now if I have a use for it, I'd have to thaw it for 24 hours then I could probably then use it as the bulk substrate for my P. Azurescens? I hope this grows. Seems like the quickest breed of shroom to innoculate especially for indoor cultivation, compared to other breeds I was trying to cultivate. Why is this? I thought P. Azurescens would be the hardest? It did take a few months for the rye grain to turn white, but once it did and once I mixed it with along with the sawdust, it only took 2 days for me to see those white jumbo cotton ball looking things.

Does anyone have experiance using the mycofarm grow bags? I have recently started growing shrooms and would love to send a few pm's to someone with exp in this exact kit/bag.

I finally see some growth of my penis envy, but I only see 2 dicks growing. I see them peaking at me on the side wall of my chamber (baking pan/foil). I hope other dicks will bloom out soon. I don't get why these 2 dicks grew on the side of the chamber instead of the middle. I was expecting them to grow in the middle but I guess they like to sneak from the side walls where there seems to be more moisture.

Not sure how big these will grow but one piece seems tall enough. The head looks brownish. I don't know how to determine when to pick this. I might be able to eat this in a few days or so. Do I have to wash it before I eat it because since it came from substrate (spawn and bulk) and soil, etc. and might have some contaminants? I have a small gram scale, not sure if I should eat as low a gram as possible to see how I would react to its effects. Do I just go ahead and eat the whole piece? Does the effect vary on how much I eat? Just curious as well if I will feel any bodily pains while on a trip?

Last edited:
hello?

my penis envy is grown, not sure when to pick this yet. The thing is, it is in an enclosed chamber with the top of the chamber punctured with small holes so the shrooms can breathe. I'm not sure if I should remove the top cover to let it grow freely because it looks as if the penis envy is going to grow taller. It's looking crooked now due to the chamber's cover blocking the shroom from growing taller freely. I'm not sure if contaminants will get in if I remove the top cover of the chamber. I'm keeping it enclosed so the moisture stays in and might spawn more fruits. As of right now there's only 2 grown fruits. I see smaller versions spawning and could take more time for it to grow.

cubensis b+

NSFW:
c0lt55nzbv7tnn92y.jpg

very low budget grow tek, spores on rye. actually it's my first grow so i'm pretty excited :D the glass jars (containing the rye) were sterilized for 90min in a pressure cooker, the holes in the lid are stuffed with filter cotton, to avoid contamination by air circulation. when adding the spores to the rye, i sprayed around in my room with water so catch some of the mould spores floating around. then i took a glass plate, fumigated it, my hands and the tools i used with 96% ethanole, scratched some spores off the print, opened the jar quickly, threw them in and sealed them. this was about 2 weeks ago and no obvious contamination yet. i store them at a dark place. i guess i give em another week before casing them.

Last edited:
push!

NSFW:
c1k4zxdkuqo7w5v3u.jpg

finally, some shrooms are growing, but i'm really a noob and worked very amateurish. does this look legit? greets :)

Growing Mushrooms question??

I have read a web page on growing mushrooms and it seems somewhat more complicated then I expected but that doesn't deter me.. however the only thing is it mentioned them needing to get indirect sunlight.... is this necessary?? If I were to do it pretty much the only spot I have would basically be inside of a drawer, it's not incredibly cool but it's dark is that even possible or do I need somewhere with indirect sunlight and also a cooler spot for different stages of growth? I'm brand new to this idea so sorry i know it's probably dumb questions like asking if a plant needs water or sun to grow lol. thanks :)

oh and one other question, how long can you safetly store mushroom spores (the ones you get in a syringe)? and do you need a new syringe for each new grow?? I remember hearing something about taking a print off of an actual mushroom and I think you can grow i like that.... what's the difference between a spore and a spore print??

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly: about sunlight, during the colonization stage when your substrate turns all white there is darkness needed to prevent premature fruiting. You can imagine that the mycelium needs to think it is underground during this phase. You can regularly check up on the colonization process, once they are completely colonized, add 2-3 days then birth.
After birthing yes they do need a little bit of light, but it doesn't have to be natural sunlight. Just a signal that they are above ground is enough. Direct sunlight can dry them out so don't use that. I used a desk light. Another factor that makes the mycelium think it has reached above-ground is fresh air. So that is also necessary after birthing i.e. fruiting.
Typical room temperature should be okay for both colonization as well as fruiting but ideally during colonization it should be like 20 degrees Centigrade while during fruiting 23-24 is fine.

Secondly: you can store a spore syringe for at least a year I think, multiple years may be possible but it depends. Spore prints are viable for much longer than that.

You can make a spore print by taking a square of aluminum foil (under sterile conditions) and putting a freshly harvested mushroom with open cap on it. The spores will drop right out, you can allow like 2 days for this - but best is to check exactly how long is wise. It will give you a print that you should safely fold closed and put in a baggy to protect it.
Making a spore syringe from a print (or even up to 10 syringes from 1 print!) works like this: you should build a glove box in which you can work cleanly. In it you put an alcohol burner, sterilized inoculation loop, sterilized water, a sterilized glass (duralex glass that can take the heat), syringe(s) and the print.
Then spray the inside of the glove box with desinfectant like alcohol but don't use too much because the vaporized alcohol can make the glove box explode a bit if you use the burner! (Had that happen =D ). Then the procedure is like this:

- put water on the print and loosen the spores with an inoculation loop or something else that is both fine and blunt. Nothing remotely sharp, mind you.
- the loose spores will color the water. Use the amount of water that is enough for the number of syringes you want. 10 x 10 ml is max for a healthy big print.
- use the glass to transfer the spore water and draw it up with the syringes. Bigger (wider) needles are better.
- add some lubricant to the water to prevent the spores from sticking to the sides of the syringes
- push all air out of the syringes and store them properly in a fridge, preferably inside some kind of baggy.
- the alcohol burner is used constantly during the process to sterilize tools that are used because a DIY glove box is not 100% sterile.

But seriously, just use google and the shroomery, this kind of thing is covered countless times. :)

Firstly: about sunlight, during the colonization stage when your substrate turns all white there is darkness needed to prevent premature fruiting. You can imagine that the mycelium needs to think it is underground during this phase. You can regularly check up on the colonization process, once they are completely colonized, add 2-3 days then birth.
After birthing yes they do need a little bit of light, but it doesn't have to be natural sunlight. Just a signal that they are above ground is enough. Direct sunlight can dry them out so don't use that. I used a desk light. Another factor that makes the mycelium think it has reached above-ground is fresh air. So that is also necessary after birthing i.e. fruiting.
Typical room temperature should be okay for both colonization as well as fruiting but ideally during colonization it should be like 20 degrees Centigrade while during fruiting 23-24 is fine.

Secondly: you can store a spore syringe for at least a year I think, multiple years may be possible but it depends. Spore prints are viable for much longer than that.

You can make a spore print by taking a square of aluminum foil (under sterile conditions) and putting a freshly harvested mushroom with open cap on it. The spores will drop right out, you can allow like 2 days for this - but best is to check exactly how long is wise. It will give you a print that you should safely fold closed and put in a baggy to protect it.
Making a spore syringe from a print (or even up to 10 syringes from 1 print!) works like this: you should build a glove box in which you can work cleanly. In it you put an alcohol burner, sterilized inoculation loop, sterilized water, a sterilized glass (duralex glass that can take the heat), syringe(s) and the print.
Then spray the inside of the glove box with desinfectant like alcohol but don't use too much because the vaporized alcohol can make the glove box explode a bit if you use the burner! (Had that happen =D ). Then the procedure is like this:

- put water on the print and loosen the spores with an inoculation loop or something else that is both fine and blunt. Nothing remotely sharp, mind you.
- the loose spores will color the water. Use the amount of water that is enough for the number of syringes you want. 10 x 10 ml is max for a healthy big print.
- use the glass to transfer the spore water and draw it up with the syringes. Bigger (wider) needles are better.
- add some lubricant to the water to prevent the spores from sticking to the sides of the syringes
- push all air out of the syringes and store them properly in a fridge, preferably inside some kind of baggy.
- the alcohol burner is used constantly during the process to sterilize tools that are used because a DIY glove box is not 100% sterile.

But seriously, just use google and the shroomery, this kind of thing is covered countless times. :)

this was incredibly helpful thank you for typing it all up!!

the idea of growing mushrooms sounds awesome and something I am going to look more into, however what I REALLY want is 4-AcO-DMT, I have crohn's disease and mushrooms tear my stomach up.. someone here told me that this is supposed to be much easier on the stomach with all of the positive effects of the other, only thing is finding a reputable distributor, half of the sites seem shady and one was even like a craigslist/ebay half breed :p

Shroom cultivation

I want to cultivate magic shrooms for research purposes. Not human or animal ingestion (legal)

Now I buy spore syringes, cakes, and what do I do then? How do I fdo this? Some links and info would be GREAT. Thx. :)

We're not here to do your research for you, man. There are mushroom teks all over the web, it just takes a quick google search.

We're not here to do your research for you, man. There are mushroom teks all over the web, it just takes a quick google search.

I did. Heres what confuses me

After I stick the needle in, lave it in dark 3 weeks, and boile...do I run it upside down the cake or the same side up as it was in the jar?

I really don't think it matters. I never payed special attention to it, and its never mentioned in any teks so I would think it truly does not matter.

I mean, the whole cake is colonized, right?

I really don't think it matters. I never payed special attention to it, and its never mentioned in any teks so I would think it truly does not matter.

I mean, the whole cake is colonized, right?

Is it? Im a begginer. Not even.

I mean, like the outside of it. The entire surface, rather. Not the inside.

So if the entire outside surface is colonized, technically there is no rightside up or upside down.