• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms (Psilocybin) vs. LSD: Differing compounds produce polar effects, and yet...

Mitch Kramer

Ex-Bluelighter
the masses refer to both effects as 'tripping'.

Perhaps the title of this thread should have denoted an articulated attack at the logic of the phrase 'tripping', essentially it is an illogical term and quite inappropriate for denoting the effects of any and all psychedelics as inducing upon one's psyche.

But we're not going there just yet.

LSD and Mushrooms could not be more different IMO. Dosages, purity, and strain are all to be taken into account however I believe mushrooms are a much more unpredictable thing than man made acid. The plant has a way of directing the experience and leaving the eater out of control at a certain dosage that can be so very disturbing in retrospect as compared to lsd. LSD is just as risky past a certain dosage but experienced users tend to always remain in control of the experience for better or worse. Bad or good they tend to be in control.

Only on mushrooms have I experienced possessions of supernatural entities and lost complete control over the experience. Such times could not be considered good nor bad, but rather downright inexplicable in a way that doesn't even come close to the highest LSD dosage journey you can begin to imagine.

More to come.

I totally am a little bit tipsy and don't mean to sound like a dick hahahhaa, tripping is such a generic shitty term I have just decided LOL.

And I don't take either mushrooms or acid anymore. I have experienced things that would have your average ten-strip eater fumbling over words to describe. Bugging/wigging out doesn't begin to describe the experiences.

Moderator you can throw this fucker of a thread in the trash haha, wtf was I thinking LOL?

I really don't take either mushrooms or LSD anymore. Once you go past a certain place there is absolutely no purpose whatsoever to use these things again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator you can throw this fucker of a thread in the trash haha, wtf was I thinking LOL?

are you sure?

I really don't take either mushrooms or LSD anymore. Once you go past a certain place there is absolutely no purpose whatsoever to use these things again.

you've raised a valid point here. i feel like this sometimes and ask myself why i still trip but i justify it as recreation. isn't that what it is?
everyone seems to think there's something so deep about psychedelics and this is the reason they should be used but it's all good fun at the end of the day.
if the experience impacts you positively, it's up to you to incorporate that knowledge into your life.

Certainly not bad topics but it sounds like there are a few mixed together here unless I am getting you wrong.

- The whole 'hang up the phone when you receive the message' is a perennial, classical topic. It's certainly a good point if you really don't know why you would go back there anymore. But for me personally it is not the whole story. Yes I lost interest and reason to repeat doing the same in the past when I did it a lot but after a long break due to other reasons I am now in a revival period. But even more so: it's therapeutic to me even when I don't have existential issues to work out anymore right now that I had in my twenties. It helps my hangups to relax, thoughts and feelings that bottled up that I don't know what to do with over time are addressed and harmonized, it resets me to just be my natural self again which clears the way for inspiration and get on with life.

- Another topic is how LSD and mushrooms can be very different. There is a central mushrooms vs LSD thread, and I've given my opinion on the matter before which in short is that I feel like LSD being much more rational and sharp and mushrooms feeling more intuitive may appeal to different kinds of people. You could describe it like a character or method of approaching things and just like with people among each other there can be a big match or mismatch with either drug leading to preferences or issues. Of course there are yet more psychedelics each with their own characters, but not all of them are so distinct and some can be largely comparable with for example LSD in being more clear-headed.