• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms give Wisdom & Information!?!?!

uhh, LSD is a tryptamine, I don't see where you're going, I really don't buy into the whole mushroom "trip" thing. Nature has tried and true poisons that don't show any compassion for the human mind, and metabolize rather quickly, while it poisons you to death. Coincidence, purely coincidence, I think it's stupid to say mushrooms are "safer" for you than LSD. There is nothing spiritual about Psilocybin, what is spiritual is your mind. A drug cannot and never will be spiritual.

Who said that mushrooms were safer than LSD? I didn't read that anywhere in this post. Carlos (not Carol) Casteneda wrote about 10 books regarding his encounters with the Yaqui (sp?) Indian don Juan Matus. His female nagual counterpart was named Carol (I don't know if they got married or something), and also wrote books about the same thing (not as many). In fact, other people in Carlos Casteneda's "warior party" also wrote books.
As far as I know, the only thing that mushrooms does to you physically is bind to receptor sites, as mentioned above. Since neuro-transmiters regulate one's perception of reality, you are an idiot if you say that mushrooms can't be spiritual. Spirituality is an integeral part of most people's reality; therefore, wouldn't altering that perception of reality (literally changing the "chemicals that produce conciousness") alter one's perception of spirituality? I don't understand @ndy's reasoning in saying that a chemical can't help to enable contact with this spirituality.
Hopefully this made sense
peace

@ndy sounds like someone one of those doods who will not, absolutely,under any circumstances admit that human beings may not be in charge of their universe. THe idea that someone is in control of their purpose on earth scares the shit out of them subconsciously, so their subconscious will do anything within its power to explain the universe in logical terms adn will keep reinforcing the ego with ideas such as "science explains everything, blah blah." A true scientific mind will admit that:
THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL NEGATIVE. SAYING THERE IS NO OTHER WORLDY POWER IS DEFYING A SCIENTIFIC RULE.
anyways, like pure said, there is no way to tell. were just humans. little specks of dust crawling on one big piece of dust which revolves around an even bigger piece of really hot dust which revolves around...you get the pic...thast about all we know. WHat you wanna believe is whatever you wanna belive. I personally believe in "God," hopwever my idea of God is much, much differant than what you would expect.
I was always an athiest. If you even said the g-word or the j-word around me, id tell you to fuck off or worse. I was one of those morons who, if you tried to explain a spiritual awakening to, id be all like "yo dood, itz just this chem interacting with this chem, and combined with this chem it makes this chem do this..." not really having any idea what i was talking about.
Much like mr @ndy, i have tripped uncountable times: Salvinorin A, LSD, LSA, Mushies, Datura, DXM ;) , AMT, MDA, whatever ya want, ive done it. ANd i love psychadellics, ill do em till the day i die (and meet God for real wahoo!) But dont just reject something because u dont agree with it. Perhaps ideas such as God, Aliens, whatever dont appeal to you, however you sound a lot more un-intelligent when you just throw out some sentence u read in a college text and have no idea what it really means.
I believe in "God," "Jah," "mother earth," Whatever you want to call it. Its up for you to decide what you want to believe.
Oh and WHY did i suddenly drop all my athiestic beliefs i held my entire life? two words:
MUSHROOM TRIP

uhh, LSD is a tryptamine
No, LSD is an indole, tryptamines are also indoles, but LSD does not have the full tryptamine backbone.
Now personally, I have had much more powerful experiences with LSD than with any of the naturally occuring substances.
But that's just me...

Yep, you are in contact with aliens or God. Either the mushroom is a conduit to alien intelligence or your brain has been hardwired by aliens in the past, or we are aliens ourselves etc. The idea that your brain suddenly makes up systematic alien contact because "your receptors are blocked" is such specious bullshit I can't believe anyone takes it seriously. Why doesn't your brain make up stories about corporate sponsorship and consumerism? That's what your brain has been fed with since birth. If it was just receptors you would be thinking about the director of coca-cola in your trips not aliens.
Sometimes you just have to accept that what your brain tells you is the truth.

I think I'm dumber from just reading your stupid post. To assume that when everyone trips they think about aliens is incredibly idiotic of you.

Nature is by far, more advanced than science & technology.
Just when we think we are finally beginning to understand something on this planet, something extraordinary happens or is revealed to us.
Then comes the realisation we don't know much at all.
Remember that it was only a few hundred years ago that we discovered the earth was round.
There is so much more to unravel and discover.
You want virtual reality???
It will never happen through the use of computers and goggles and all that gadgetry.
The mushroom is virtual reality.
At the same time, it is also a living organism that contains a spirit with something to say or at the very least has some message stored much in the same way as DNA contains information.
All we have to do is pick up the phone and listen.

@ndy & the others...
Y'all are so wrapped up in your own dogma that you are reading things into the other posts that just aren't there!
First it was your constant use of the word "spiritual" when my original post contained no such idea.
And now you have built up this straw man idea that we're proclaiming that extraterrestrial aliens are infiltrating our minds through mushrooms!
Take a breath. What we're saying isn't something new...it's that under the influence of tryptamines, many people have reported "contact" with an "other". No-one is saying for sure that it's an alien creature. Or that it's the Gaian mind. Sure, we've proposed it. That's what you do in science...you come up with possible explainations. Hey--I'm not saying that it isn't your subconscious! But I'm saying that it's something.
I'm sorry that in your many trips you've never experienced this. It doesn't happen to everyone. But you shouldn't saying that it doesn't happen period!
There have been some very interesting studies done on this phenomena. I suggest you check them out if you can open your mind a bit:
Apparent Communication with Discarnate Entities Induced by DMT by Peter Meyer
In this article I wish to draw attention to a strange property of the tryptamine psychedelics, especially N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), which sets them apart from other psychedelics, namely, their ability to place users in touch with a realm that is apparently inhabited by discarnate entities of an intelligent nature. The investigation of such a possibility clearly takes us to (and perhaps beyond) the fringes of what is considered scientifically acceptable. Nevertheless, the phenomenon of apparent alien contact is so impressive to those who have experienced it, and the implications of such contact are so radical, that the evidence deserves serious investigation.

and Listening for the Logos: a study of reports of audible voices at high doses of psilocybin by Horace Beach, Ph.D.
There are a number of verbal and literary reports that psilocybin (or "psilocybian") mushrooms speak to human beings - that is, they can engender or catalyze an auditory dialogue between the one who ingests them and a voice of unknown origin. Though there are a number of different types of voice experiences, the common thread running through them all is the imparting of information to the listener. This is the crucial importance of voices. In traditional usage, the mushroom voices give healing information. While there are many reports of experiences with psilocybin that do not include the phenomenon of voices, it should be noted that "the Indians recognize that it is not to everyone that they speak"
Once you've experienced this, it becomes quite hard to convince yourself that its merely the byproduct of a chemical reaction. If you doubt this, it's very easy to put it to the test. Just take a high dose of psilocybin mushrooms (5-7 dried grams) alone in silent darkness. And then try to have a conversation with any "voices" you may hear in your head. It won't take long before you begin to question whether the visions and ideas presented to you really did originate inside your own mind...

Mr.Fink, out of curiosty, have you read Rick Strassman's book DMT: The Spirit Molecule?

Andy, you havn't a clue. You are so profoundly lacking in intelligence as to be completly worthless.
Have a nice day.

Andy has a right to his opinion, and like he's said he tried these substances. To disagree with him is fine, but to say he is close minded is closed minded. From my experience with shrooms it doesn't show you anything new, it just changes your perspective to look at things differnt. Maybe looking at things this way changes you, maybe not, but the reason you change is cause of your brain not cause of a substance. I think people give alot more credit to the inanimate substance then the brain, cause after all the only reason you trip is cause of whats in your head.

I think mysugarwallz has raised quite a valid point when exploring this situation.
While they're two different things, it is an excellent example of the enormously profound experience one has (with love/spiritual trip) and how it cannot simply be summed up with an explanation of the neurological effects. No one is trying to deny what occurs in the brain, we're just saying there's more to it than that.
And I respect @ndy's right not to believe us. However I do think he's close minded, because he is litterally closing his mind to the complete experience provided.

There is a certain TRUTH that is dicovered while on mushrooms. Some people can find it, others don't.
For me, mushrooms have helped me cleanse my soul. Like a realization of a higher power that has proppelled me to look at life from a different perspective. Mr Frink, I know.... you seem to be very intelligent of what you speak, much respect.

I'm always bugged by people's bias towards psilocybin because mushrooms are natural. The fact that mushrooms have psychoactive chemicals is either an evolved defense mechanism or a coincidence of nature (I would guess the former). A chemical is a chemical is a chemical; it's origin is not of particular significance.
Just a thought, but perhaps "coincidences of nature" are one of natures ways of communicating with us. I think that both the realists and the spiritualists have good points and interesting thoughts. I wouldn't call myself either one, I just like to look at things from different points of view.
[ 18 March 2002: Message edited by: raistlin_1 ]
[ 18 March 2002: Message edited by: raistlin_1 ]

When i was about 12 years old, a long time from now, i had my first frenchkiss from a girl i was in love with.
The same night my room was invaded by people having a party. They were everywhere and all i could think of was to keep my blanket on because it would be embarrasing if they could see me in my underwear. I talked to them and told them to leave, they wouldnt until i fell asleep.
No, i was not dreaming.
I know they werent humans, because they looked like shadows and communicated very different, maybe they were aliens?

Tripping on Psilocybin Mushrooms seems to be different than any other type of drug. I (and many others) have had the experience of being in "contact" with a higher "intelligence". I'm wondering if others here have had that type of experience.
It feels like the Mushrooms has a mischevious personality all it's own. I often get the distinct feeling that it's trying to "teach" me something. The trips have a definite storyline to them. Often it's trying to show me how Humans are just animal...hairless apes that have gotten the idea that we're better than the rest of the animal world. Or it will tell a very "cosmic" story, about the birth, death and rebirth of the universe. It uses a lot of humor, jokes and puns in its lessons.
And here's the weird part. It speaks. I hear a voice inside my head that I can talk to. It will ask me questions, or answer questions that I have. I've tried rationalizing that it's just part of my subconscious that the drug has put me in touch with....but the things that it says couldn't *possibly* have come from my own mind. There's just no way.
I feel exactly the same way about mushrooms. I don't think any psychedelic comes close to being as spiritual or enlightening as psilocybes. Not that other psychedelics don't have their own perks, but nothing else gave me such a credible sixth sense experience.
What you said about mushrooms trying to teach you something perfectly echoes my own experiences. For a while I was truly convinced that mushrooms somehow brought you on a level with God. I now understand that consciousness has a lot to do with brain chemistry and psilocybin and psilocyn alter the chemicals that effect how your brain measures time and such. But after a few shroom trips, I liked to think of mushrooms as being their own intelligent entities. And when you take mushrooms you aren't really taking drugs. Rather the mushrooms use your body as a host and they tap their own consciousness into yours and you see the world through their eyes. Because that's EXACTLY what a heavy shroom trip feels like.
The mushrooms would teach me that everything is connected because everything is one. They would teach me about the origins of life. That life started from one mass consisting of all the elements. And when the big bang happened it exploded this mass throughout the universe. Chemical reactions occured, and some of the most simple ones became what we would consider to be living organisms. And much of what I would be taught correlated 100% with known scientific facts. There are life forms that live in extreme temperatures under water that feed on carbon dioxide and hydrogen through simple chemical reactions, for instance. The shrooms taught me that as more chemicals were introduced and more reactions occured, these simple organisms could develop into more complex organisms. Think about it. Even humans are nothing but a bunch of chemical reactions happening inside the body. The electrical impulses of the brain happen this way. The human digestive system is actually based on acids breaking down other chemicals to fuel the electrical impulses. Along the path of evolution, consciousness was somehow created. It's nothing more than an advantage for our species to survive. Emotions like love came from the neccessity that humans needed to stay together in communities to survive and reproduce to thrive. Families work better on a productive level through monogamous relationships. And shrooms taught me that the reason there are still lower life forms despite evolution is because of this: if a catastrophic event occurs or the enviroment changes and a species can not adapt enough before it becomes extinct, there is always a simpler species that life can fall back on that will evolve to take it's place. And if one strain of a species doesn't need to evolve to flourish, then it will remain mostly unchanged while another strain may evolve. There really is no higher forms of life. There is no real competition as many people believe. It's not about the human species being at the top. The point is simply that life in general thrives and flourishes and spreads as much as possible and the chain of life itself continues, not that one species continues. After all, all life is the same, we all are composed from simple elements and all have common roots. Another thing I learned is that linear time is merely a human creation. There is no end or beginning to time, there is no straight line. Like I said earlier, shrooms disrupt the chemistry in the brain that give the perception of linear time.
There's so much more and I could go into exacting detail, but I'd end up writing a book. I think you and everyone else get the basic idea, though.
This type of trip usually only happens on *high* doses of mushrooms. And it works best if I trip alone, in silent darkness.
This is the only thing I partially disagree with. My most powerful shroom trips only required half an eighth of shrooms. It wasn't so much the dosage of the shrooms, but the strength themselves.
And I found that I would get more from shroom experiences taking them during the day with other people also on them in a natural environment like a park.
I'll give some trip excerpts that I've experienced that you might find interesting from some of my more intense shroom trips. There have been several times when I would close my eyes and start falling through endless fractal tunnels during which I would be pounded with insight about time. There was one occassion where I was tripping with my girlfriend and at some point during the conversation we stopped "talking" but I could continue to hear here thoughts. In my head I asked her if she could hear me as well and she nodded her head "yes". I couldn't believe it so I asked her out loud and she replied "yes, I know!". As other people started passing by I could hear their thoughts. My girlfriend and I continued to have a psychic conversation for a few minutes before I completely wigged out unable to handle the experience because it completely defied all logic. And during a different experience I walked through a park which ended up feeling like I was in the Garden of Eden. The plants looked prehistoric and I sat staring at trees. As their leaves blew in the wind I started understanding life and time and the universe. I began to hallucinate heiroglyphics on rocks, but I was unable to read them. My girlfriend saw the exact same thing. My mind was then flooded with images of ancient civilizations, scenes of life I knew nothing about that I later read about. The images of human activities were exactly as I would read about in the books. And again I had another psychic experience. My girlfriend and I were driving thinking the shrooms we ate were weak since they hadn't done much after two hours. We went driving and suddenly they hit out of nowhere. We both had the same hallucinations. Grassy hills turned into furry smiling brontasauruses, building became pyramids, the metal jersey barrier was a huge anaconda, and portals opened up in the sky dripping time. Later we got to her house and both saw singing flowers. After we got inside we stopped talking for a bit as we were becoming tired and the hallucinations were wearing off. But out of nowhere we both saw this strange red light on a wall. She thought I had a laser pointer and I was playing with her, but I was about to ask her if she was doing it. There was absolutely no explanation for it, no way for the light to come from outside or anywhere inside. Nobody else to generate it. Even to this day she thinks I was doing it somehow.
I find the identical hallucinations to be incredibly interesting, especially ones involving symbols and such from ancient civilizations. After using shrooms I became more and more intersted in these civilizations and began to do research on them. Almost all of them had stories about an Atlantis, civilizations with superior technology that suddenly disappeared. The technology and influence of these civilizations could account for things such as pyramids in both Africa and South America and other great stone structures and technological achievements that could not be replicated today. I believe that somewhere within the human brain we all have blueprints for this ancient knowledge that can be brought out somehow and shrooms are a key to understanding this.
There is so much more I could get into, but there is just not enough room here to write it all. One day I would love to write a book about Psilophilosophy consisting not only of my own experiences, but of the experiences of others. Because while some people take shrooms and get nothing out of it other than a recreational time, there are still plenty that have had virtually identical experiences and beliefs of my own.

"I feel exactly the same way about mushrooms. I don't think any psychedelic comes close to being as spiritual or enlightening as psilocybes. Not that other psychedelics don't have their own perks, but nothing else gave me such a credible sixth sense experience"
Have you tried Ayahuasca?

Shrooms creating spiritual visions, aliens, ancient civilizations, and ties to Gods. Where do I begin? All of this is the same concept as religion. People have a tendency to believe in something supernatural especially when coming to their creation and what happens after death. This is because human beings crave knowledge and want answers, especially to questions that scare them (meaning of life, is there an afterlife, etc). For the people that don't believe in organized religion, this post might appeal to you.
Organized relgion is all the same, founded by governments or people to make money, or somebodies unique vision. Well, all of them can't be right... they conflict. So, who's right? Science and sociology would say that none of them are. But it is clear that people seem to have a yearning to fabricate answers for questions such as afterlife and creation out of ideas that seem to make sence. Such as- 1. Something had to create this world, it must have been an all-powerful god. or 2. This world must be it's own lifeform, Gaia or whatnot. (Note: I'm not intending to mock anyone's religion) Then people are willing to believe these answers on faith alone.
Well, the same goes for people in the drug culture. I hear people saying "I took K and my soul was out of my body", "I took acid and saw God", "I took mescaline and saw ancient spirits", and here voices and shrooms. Am I saying these people didnt have this expirence, no Im not. Im just saying that they are chemical reactions in the brain. People try to put too much spiritual meaning on things that are coincidental in attempt to create answers to hard questions. I admit, the first time I took K I questioned some things, then I did some research on what K does to the brain. Personal expirence can be very powerful and moving, but don't kid yourself, it's chemical reactions and halicination.
If you're sober and you still see some image of the virgin Mary in a cinnamin roll, please acknowledge it's coincidental. If you have a dream that God is speaking to you, remember you're dreaming. If ya take eat a bunch of shrooms and hear voices in your head, remember you're on drugs, that's what drugs do! Don't make it your new life's meaning and spiritual belief. There is a lot better things to base your life on.
TwoSeatsEven

The trouble with the idea that life just happened is that the coincidence of complex proteins "just happening" is something like 10 to the power of 20. More than all the atoms in the universe. the chances of that happening twice along with a translation mechanism which is what the DNA molecule is, and it all appening within the first billion years of earths existence is practically impossible. Then when you start stacking up the chances of consciousness forming it really gets unlikely.

twoseatseven, your argument meaningless. Anyone can argue "it's just chemical reactions in your brain" - it doesn't mean anything.
There is no reason on earth why the brain should construct alien realities. I had never even heard of insectoids until the first day i took shrooms. If my brain was going to make up realities surely it would make up stories involving tv personalities or members of my family who i have been with for years and years. Why the alien constucts? What significance has that to a human brain that the moment you introduce certain chemicals it instantly connects to this particular structure of reality? That's what we've got to explain.
If it was just "chemical reacations in your brain" you would be seeing things familar to your brain.