View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms : Extremely boring

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
I am having a little bit of an issue with mushrooms and I'm wondering if anyone else can relate to what I'm going through or if it's maybe just me.

It seems whenever I eat mushrooms that the only way I actually trip and have an enjoyable time and actually go to another planet is when I smoke marijuana with it everytime I eat mushrooms by itself I don't really trip! the only effect that I get is that the curtains may move and the walls breathe and a little bit of energy, then to top it off I'm constantly yawning Non-Stop. However if I eat mushrooms and smoke marijuana I go to a whole different planet mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I have no clue as to why this happens to me can anyone relate to what I am saying? I have spoken to people who swear by having a mind blowing trip without weed, and it irritates me cause I can't smoke weed due to being on parole, and mush is all i can do

I have pondered that idea. I typically eat a half 8th (well roughly 1.5-2g). I trip balls when i eat that amount and smoke weed. So i feel like, If I eat an 8th, the high will be just as dull but maybe at a higher intensity, and feel like only the weed will bring it out. I do not like how mush makes me feel by itself, the yawning, the dirty energy, etc..its like weed is the key to the lock..idk the idea of eating more makes me think I'll feel the Same high but more pronounced

I think you need to increase your dosage. Dosing too low to reach full effects with psychedelics tends to lead to the bodyload being felt a lot more, and without the full effects manifesting, it's not worth dealing with the body high. The reason weed kicks it into gear is because weed potentiates psychedelics a lot. Taking more mushrooms will also increase the effects greatly. In my experience there is not a higher bodyload, but the effects are much more pronounced and interesting and mentally altering, and you don't notice the bodyload nearly as much. The comeup will be more intense though. It still won't be exactly the same as just taking less and smoking weed because the effects of the weed synergize with the psychedelic and produce somewhat different effects.

I read the thread title and I was like, whaaaat? I can think of many words to describe tripping on mushrooms, but boring is definitely not one of them. =D

Thanks guys, and real quick, now before I say what I'm going to say, I just wanna explain that the mushrooms I had were very very tiny, the caps were literally as big as a pencil eraser.
Now I don't know if this was the particular batch, but the whole trip I had overwhelming nausea, to the point where I had to trip balls laying in my bed, also when watching tv (which is a must when tripping for the movies and music videos ) I noticed it was painful looking at the screen, I would feel like zaps of electricity and my eyes would twitch and would nauseate me even more, forcing me to look away from the television, most of my tripping is done in LSD, so I'm fairly new at mushrooms, only done it about 10x.

And again (lol) can anyone relate to this on mushrooms? Also every time I would talk, I would have the urge to dry heave , but would hold back the urge, my girlfriend had this same issue, except she was able to watch television just fine. Could this perhaps be a bad batch of mushrooms? I was very very high and I was tripping balls so I dont think it was a purity issue. Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks guys

Have you tried making shroom tea instead?

I once had a very bad case of stomach cramping on shrooms, legitimately thought I consumed a bad batch and was dying. Writhing on the bathroom floor in agony, I eventually threw up but took hours to feel better.

Swore off eating them and made it into a tea. The potency is slightly diminished but no more nausea or vomiting. I haven't done psychs in years though... the yawning and general irritability is enough to put me off.

I don't know how to ID caps for you but maybe the folks at shroomery are able to.

When we first started learning how to identify the correct Psilocybe species growing in the cow fields here around Tampa back in the 70's (stop here if you have a bias against older people who were and are like you, but can't not identify me as the establishment), there was some trial and error for a while. My youthful know-it-all self once insisted that what we had picked the right ones and I almost paid with my life! My first lesson with the notion "You see what you want to see". There was just very little for us to go on back then in the way of books and such.

Once we figured it out, we started giving others the chance to try it if they wanted. No charge or anything. The biggest reaction noticed was of course nausea, but it seemed many times people would say something like they felt sleepy, or wanted to go home and take a nap. In time we came to understand that this was just a stage like the nausea that passed before the full-on psychedelic effects took over. We dubbed it the Sombrero effect. That might have been influenced by books like "A Separate Reality" by Carlos Castaneda. I personally noted geometric like patterns many times that didn't necessarily happen with acid.

We always wanted to eat them fresh, but it was kind of inconvenient sometimes when you didn't really feel like tripping right then and there. So we learned to mix the boiled extract with cherry kool-aid. I had an involuntary gag reflex whenever drinking even straight kool-aid for years after.

Don't forget that Psilocybin is not in the same league on a mg to mg basis as LSD. You talk ug not mg with acid. I agree that marijuana smoked when the effects are starting to wane can send you back into orbit. I noticed this particular phenomenon more often with acid, but that's just my subjective experience.

I bought a DIY kit with spores and tried to grow them but it was my longtime friend that actually succeeded with this around 1994. I couldn't believe my eyes when he showed me these beautiful mushroom caps he had grown in vitro! I have to say I was a bit envious. Unfortunately he got into crack cocaine and abundant xanax, backed himself into a corner with problems and really had no good options but to kill himself. He is a real pioneer with Psilocybin in my book.

Last edited:
Could there be a possibility that the batch I had was a wrong species or slightly poisonous? I believe they called what I had "aborts" i really forget tho, I DO remember the geometic patterns with my eyes closed on this batch it was crazy. .the nausea was pretty much the whole trip. Are mushrooms on cid shit low end psylo?

Could there be a possibility that the batch I had was a wrong species or slightly poisonous? I believe they called what I had "aborts" i really forget tho, I DO remember the geometic patterns with my eyes closed on this batch it was crazy. .the nausea was pretty much the whole trip. Are mushrooms on cid shit low end psylo?

I don't know. It was sold as aborts? I have no idea of how it is marketed now That's just it. Knowing that we picked them ourselves or grew them in vitro mostly did wonders for my sense of responsibility in any temporary nausea I experienced. I'm not sure that I would not want to take street mushrooms unless I really trusted the person selling it to me. I have to say we noticed a swelling of certain extremities, like rings not fitting and such.

Last edited:
I read the thread title and I was like, whaaaat? I can think of many words to describe tripping on mushrooms, but boring is definitely not one of them. =D
^^^ Same here! =D

Increase dosage for better psychedelia and try making tea for your nausea and uncomfortable body feelings as starting_over recommended. Also try spreading a bigger dose to take within an hour, instead of taking it all at once. Try strong mints (highest menthol content), ginger and lemon balm extracts - they are useful in reducing nausea and funny stomach, I use them with Mescaline a lot.

breh 3.5g+ will hit you in the face fam.

dosing low on shrooms is like constantly taking a tab of acid to trip. sure the first few times will be nice but your mind becomes accustomed.

breh 3.5g+ will hit you in the face fam.

dosing low on shrooms is like constantly taking a tab of acid to trip. sure the first few times will be nice but your mind becomes accustomed.

ive only taken one tab of acid or ergloamide rc's at a time ever and had great trips...ive sadly only tripped on acid about 4 times and i think its one of the best drugs...just alwys more a for 2cb and disso type of guy

Aborts should be just as psychoactive. They're mushrooms that had stunted growth and aborted essentially. Same potency, some argue greater potency than fully grown mushies.

Fresh is always something different too. I don't think I like mushrooms unless they're fresh now.

Just a bit confused, how come different batches have different characteristics of highs? I remember certain batches, just made me energetic and I would laugh my ass off until my stomach hurt, by just looking at a clock , and no nausea...while these aborts didn't make me laugh, had me on my ass, nauseated, tripping balls.
Psilocybin is psilocybin? Or same concept as diff. Strands of weed?

There are a few different actives (and concentrations of actives - psilocin, psilocybin and other tryptamines) in different types of shrooms.
Different species of fungus definitely have differing effects. How you consume them (as above - fresh/dried or in tea/whole) can make a massive difference too.

When we first started learning how to identify the correct Psilocybe species growing in the cow fields here around Tampa back in the 70's (stop here if you have a bias against older people who were and are like you, but can't not identify me as the establishment),
Hell no! Respect, man <3

Also every individual trip is different. I grew mushrooms once, and from the same flush of mushrooms I experienced a trip where I felt giggly and bubbly and light, a trip where I was couch-locked and flying through space, and a trip where I felt anxious and fearful the whole time.

Aborts are a little bit more potent, if they were another species of magic mushrooms then possibly the dosage would have been lower and 1.5-2g would be rather appropriate. Since you get consistently weak effects - apparently - indeed the very obvious remedy whatever the species is to dose higher, though this is not a blank cheque that says 'go nuts'... it's not an advice I have to tiptoe around either because titration is a very established way to treat underwhelming effects. For those few who don't know it: look it up because it is a cornerstone of tripping! :) Don't go nuts, go gradually at well-paced steps that depend on the dose-response curve of the drug you are taking and the point you are currently at on that curve.

There are a few different actives (and concentrations of actives - psilocin, psilocybin and other tryptamines) in different types of shrooms.
Different species of fungus definitely have differing effects. How you consume them (as above - fresh/dried or in tea/whole) can make a massive difference too.

Hell no! Respect, man <3

Great thread! Tripping is a such positive thing to do in life as far as I'm concerned. I know that will be my opinion forever. My wife would kill me if I did it nowadays. But my yesterdays are the younger folks on BL's now! Just wanted to say for the record that I find it hard to compare Psilocybin and their ilk to the effects of opioids, benzos ,amphetamines etc. It's almost like they're not drugs in the traditional sense that that word is used.

Last time I was in Amsterdam, we purchased some but I didn't understand the nuances concerning the different species. This nice dutch salesperson guy was trying to educate me but I wasn't getting the gist of it. I wish now I'd have bought the Hawaiian instead! I bought some species that were like truffles, I believe he said this one grew underground. He advised me to eat a light lunch (he said soup) and wait on digestion to finish before consuming. I got some fresh ones down, but they didn't stay down long. I felt a little better after I puked and was definitely affected but was embarrassed that my buddy had to witness me projectile vomit upon the fair dutch streets.

I am curious if something like the Sandoz quality Psilocybin that was synthesized back in the day, in a nice neat pill, would cause any nausea? I'm almost sure the answer is no.