Mushrooms as Aid to Recovery

Altogether I'd say it feels like I am in the longest "defragmentation" of my psyche and more subtle personality traits.....this is what going through PAWs is really like.

I still need to find some clonidine.....but is it just placebo? (ive never had it)

clonadine doesn't do shit for me but i need shit that packs a punch so it could help you

When I was a heroin user.... I tripped on mescaine...It was my first psychedelic experience- I had no intentions of quitting heroin going into my trip, but I came out never ever wanting to touch the shit again, so I didn't.... I now trip maybe once a month if I am lucky. They saved my life no doubt, but it's hard to strongly advocate it to everyone... it's all very personal, what's going to help you. But I am definitely not against the idea of using any of them to aid recovery if you want to try it as it 'cured' me.

For some people, it will work, for some it wont make a difference, and for some it would be horribly detrimental. Unfortunately since psychedelic therapy isnt legal, controlled and moderated in the states, I wouldnt recommend it. Psychedelics can bring you to some weird places, and it could cause somebody to dive further into their addiction. And some people just cant use any drugs period if they want to live a sober life, including psychedelics, no matter how you classify them.

But with such a high risk for mental issues resulting, from use, I cant say I advocate it. But I am glad it worked out for you OP. I hope you take this opportunity and go far with it. Sobriety is a wonderful thing, and I hope you dont falter too far from the path. Just remember when it gets tough to keep giving yourself a chance. You are very right in saying it is difficult to follow through with, but its the only way.

check out books by Stan Grof.
he was Hoffmanns student.
he does LSD therapy to this day!

it's used as a spiritual tool for Grof and company.

I can't understand how some people in this thread are saying that they don't feel like psychedelics have any spiritual value at all. Psychedelics have the power to make you appreciate things (most of the time they are the RIGHT things) way more than you might without opening up that door. And I'm not talking about while just being on them... I'm talking about life after a spiritual trip. Psychs also have the power to confuse your life a bit as well, though, so you have to be careful when you use them. Set and setting.

Maybe not for me, I dunno. Remember when I first really started my opiate addiction and took mushrooms for the first time.. Sisters boyfriend was like "oh I see a change in you, more confident outgoing etcc.." no... was just loaded on lortabs. Did take a break though after that...i really wish I would have never ever EVER picked up a habit again after that first time I quit opiates... it's turned my life to shit, and I've tripped on mushrooms a few times since then to, always went back to opiates...

how many are we?

Recovered in 2005 from 20 years of exclusive consumptions, vulgo addiction. Two years 'treatment' with Psilocybin, and I finally stopped with poisons and started appreciating simple pleasures like a good wine or a nice trip. Still fine today. Any more self-destructive process interrupted by Psilocybin? Doctors, for me, tried only to replace one addiction for another (legal) one... (Lisbon, Nov/14)

Psychedelics are enlightening ,you can see deep,and think clearly ,philosophy and thinking about life is great,especially on shrooms and mescaline. But its your will power, what goes after this experience. So answering the question I think yes it can "cure" addiction, only its not a cure but a mindset you can forget it easily and just leave your intentions,so mindset alone do nothing if you dont act. Every trip leaves you somewhat different than before it,but its crucial to remember what answers you got

Well you see the truth about your self and your surroundings on psychedelics, so yeah they can help a great deal in many circumstances. Someone should flood the sewers of all big cities with massive amounts of acid, world would be a better place :D

ive heard of people using psychedelics to stay sober, but for me, i would not risk using a mind altering drug in recovery. thats me though not telling anyone else how to stay sober. i do know mushrooms and acid and dmt are very euphoric, so i think that for me, it would just make me want to start using drugs again.

Ok. I can stomach that response, its better than no response!!

Like I said though, I am not a novice with psychedelics.....and I can also assure you I totally DID NOT have "another euphoric, enjoyable" time on this trip. I was put in time out by the universe, c'mon.....lol TIME OUT!

Does that clear it up any? I know where you are coming from, but I have been following through and my experience was adjusted considerably because of things that have nothing to do with drugs at all, spiritual practice and a good friend.

Geez, way to shoot my idea down! lol, its ok but I'm not some naive kid.....I've been around the block, quite a few times.
Don't let a troll derail you!

What jerky thing for them to say .
So how are you now?

Don't let a troll derail you!

What jerky thing for them to say .
So how are you now?
Wow how'd you even run into this thread? This is a real old one. The guy you're replying to hasn't logged in since 2017, so unfortunately probably won't get an update.

Wow how'd you even run into this thread? This is a real old one. The guy you're replying to hasn't logged in since 2017, so unfortunately probably won't get an update.
I was researching shrooms and came across it. I get to reading too fast and didn't look at date . I barely glanced a 3 .. it was 2013 not 2023 though .

Which shrooms dose is recommended for microdosing. I tried 1g for 2 weeks every 3rd day, no much success.

I was crying my eyes out tripping and scared

You see now I would be a novice with psychedelics and its things like that which make me want to steer clear from them. I just dont see the benefit of inducing a state within which I'm crying my eyes out tripping and scared.
I've heard of people reporting on how microdosing has helped them with various issues from depression to addiction but I dont have any experience with using them for that purpose. Would I be open to trying them to see if they do help? I'd have to do more research. The little research I have done has at times shown that they could indeed be of benefit however I'm still not convinced enough to take that leap or indeed that risk. The more I hear about the potential for people to have horrific, life changing trips the more it makes me want to steer well clear to be honest. I've got sober multiple times for long stints in the past without using them so I know they're not an absolute necessity in that regard.

Can you describe to me how micro-dosing actually makes you feel and how much constitutes a micro-dose? Also, do you build tolerence?
I've taken mushrooms maybe 5 or 6 times in my life and they weren't particularly 'trippy' - not in the sense of actual hallucinations. Mild visual distortions and maybe a very light up-lifting feeling (not a euphoria) however that may very well have been a placebo effect. Indeed, the mushrooms were likely weak as hell. It definitely wasnt worth the time or the money to repeat the experience on any kind of a regular basis as the recreational value was minimal at best and the medicinal value was essentially non-existent.