View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals mushrooms and quitting tobacco

xannyhead

Bluelighter
So, ive have done mushrooms a handful of times. The highest dose ive taken was 5gs a month ago. I plan on taking 8.5gs on sunday. Ive read about people quitting nicotine after having an experience with psilocibyn, but dont know how to make the trip useful in order for it to help me quit cigs. Any tips? Any specific thought pattern I should dive in?

What are your reasons for wanting to quit?

Cost ?

Health?

If you examine your reasons you might have something to think about when it comes time to eat those mushrooms and direct your trip. It's important to remember that although your trip might open a door or shine a light on your path to attain this you will still have to act to bring about the change. Mushrooms don't actually cure you, they can show you they way, though.

Focus your intentions during the trip.

Make sure you psychologically prepare yourself before and after the trip. It's not a magic cure for any addiction, you still have to do the leg work.

You have to realize that the studies in which people were able to quit things using psychedelics were conducted in a therapeutic environment and paired with dozens of hours of therapy and other tools.

You aren't going to magically stop craving tobacco afterwards.

8.5 grams is huge and very unnecessary. All of my "profound" experiences on any psychedelic (mushrooms and MDMA on separate occasions) were at low doses. When you go above a certain point with psychedelics you only raise the risk and not the reward. Unless you're trying to achieve an ego death, but I think DMT is better for that, because it's a quicker trip. Remember, there is nothing that you can do with psychedelics that you couldn't do without them, such as quitting nicotine. They are simply a tool to help you, so keep the dose at around 2-3.5 grams and focus on your intention.

Yeah nicotine is a tough cookie! Wishing you the best.

Would agree w the other mods that it is more about intentions and examining the reasons you want to quit. You can't really force such a change, and at heroic doses the likelihood of an adverse event goes up. Even for highly experienced users.

I quit after a big mescaline dose (660mg) for 2 years, but it wasn't directly the mescaline, it was the realization that some day I want a family, and I should probably take better care of my health if I want to be a good father.

Yeah nicotine is a tough cookie! Wishing you the best.

Would agree w the other mods that it is more about intentions and examining the reasons you want to quit. You can't really force such a change, and at heroic doses the likelihood of an adverse event goes up. Even for highly experienced users.

I quit after a big mescaline dose (660mg) for 2 years, but it wasn't directly the mescaline, it was the realization that some day I want a family, and I should probably take better care of my health if I want to be a good father.
It's amazing what psychedelics can do. I had a similar experience with a psychedelic leading to a realization that changed my life. have never been addicted to anything but I had been on the wrong path for a long time when I did ecstasy alone one night. I had the realization that I wanted more out of life and that drugs had played too big a role in my life. This led me to focus on other things that were very beneficial to me and improved my work ethic.

Thank you everyone. I believe I will be eating 6 grams. Im going to quit smoking in order to improve my breathing, which is already impaired by rhinitis and sinusitis. And I havent been smoking tobacco that long, I actually started vaping in 2019, which played a big role in a hospitalization ive had in the beggining of 2022, then switched to cigarettes and then to tobacco. So, I think its time for this habit to go away and hopefully this next trip will be powerful enough to show me in a concrete way the damage I am inflicting upon myself

For quitting smoking Tobacco. My first thought is alway's Cytisine, to bad its not something that is sold in my country. It basickly works the same as Varenicline ( the prescrpiption drug ). It binds to the Nicotin receptors so tight. Tobacco stands no chance and is degraded to nothing but foul tasting smoke. Any high is totally blocked. The first day the product TABEX produced a Nicotin like buzzand then it just did its job. And yes I tried to smoke, but just like i wrote nothing happens.

What I discovered is that breaking the use. By taking that pill at morning I guaranteed a smokeless day. I found that one pill would block my Nicotin receptor one entire day. It's an alkaloid found in Goldenchain/ rain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laburnum_anagyroides

Seems more predictable then a Mushroom trip,

For quitting smoking Tobacco. My first thought is alway's Cytisine, to bad its not something that is sold in my country. It basickly works the same as Varenicline ( the prescrpiption drug ). It binds to the Nicotin receptors so tight. Tobacco stands no chance and is degraded to nothing but foul tasting smoke. Any high is totally blocked. The first day the product TABEX produced a Nicotin like buzzand then it just did its job. And yes I tried to smoke, but just like i wrote nothing happens.

What I discovered is that breaking the use. By taking that pill at morning I guaranteed a smokeless day. I found that one pill would block my Nicotin receptor one entire day. It's an alkaloid found in Goldenchain/ rain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laburnum_anagyroides

Seems more predictable then a Mushroom trip,
Yeah, that's totally valid ...

I quit by deciding one day, no drugs needed, but that's just me.

Different strokes for different folks :cool:

So, ive have done mushrooms a handful of times. The highest dose ive taken was 5gs a month ago. I plan on taking 8.5gs on sunday. Ive read about people quitting nicotine after having an experience with psilocibyn, but dont know how to make the trip useful in order for it to help me quit cigs. Any tips? Any specific thought pattern I should dive in?
No tips on that. But it does remind me my latest trips ( 4-HO-MIPT/ LSD ) only modified the effects i got from smoking. Love it how Tobacco grounds you at the tail end of a trip.

I would choose a other option for quitting, as for me it only temporarly made me look at Tobacco with some ridiculisnous. But didn't help me quit.

Some years ago, after a Mushroom intense and important trip, i found my fybromialgia and my addiction to Oxy GONE, along with other chronic problems of different kinds! The craving for tobacco was very reduced, but the (most physical aspect of the) Miracle has been that my chronic pain and the addiction to pk's vanished into nothing. I have been so dumb, or so SCARED OF RESIDUAL INNER EMPTINESS, that i overused my medication / DOC anyway. I rememeber clearly, i went to the doctor the very day after the Mystical Experience, even if i found myself OUTRIGHT CLEAN i wanted to get my prescription for safety reasons, which per se might have been a safety factor, but i snorted a line instead than taking it has prescribed, i had the beautiful effects of an opioid naive individual, without any side effect, and i could have stopped there, but hey no, i continued snorting / popping, and this f*ck up resulted in the waste of a Miracle. The saddest thing is that my ex gf and i we've been de facto undervalueing the Miracle we've received. We tripped toghether and had an experience that words can't describe. Not only me i received a Miracle on my chronic pain and addiction and other things, but also she has been miraculed on some of her also relevant and old time issues. And i can assure you that karma hit us, for our mix of naivety and selfishness. Or maybe, karma used to hit us not only because we haven't allowed the Gift of the Mushroom to spread itself along our Daily Lives, but also because we acted selfish, or childish on other aspects of our daily / couple experience, in the period after having received it. Indeed, other aspects of our Lives could have been directly / undirectly healed by the Mushroom Miracle. And Vibrations / Afterglow could have co - healed, had we had a more mature and smart behaviour. I'm pretty sure that i could have dropped my tobacco use to minimum levels or quit. To this day, the fact that i personally wasn't able to protect and respect such an Enormous Gift, and that we as a couple and as individuals haven't let it expand and guide us beyond a short period, is one of my biggest regrests in Life. Because it's obviously not just about "a waste of a good trip". I (we) wasted a Life Changing Experience. I hope to God / Goddess that i will be given another chance. I hope the same for my ex gf. But, if this happens, TOTAL MATURITY AND A HIGER LEVEL OF RESPECT have to be seriously proved and cherished and nourished daily - with or without Sacraments / Drugs. May my experience be a warning to others that may receive a Miracle. Don't let it be ruined by fear or stupidity. I was afraid that quitting my pk's all of a sudden (and almost quitting cigarettes) could have affected some deep sufferings that should have needed some more Sacred Trips (and therapy) in order to be transformed and released. So, no, it wasn't outright selfishness. But i could have had the RIGHT amount of Oxy, and a MINIMUM amount of cigarettes, to start off a new chapter in Life. It's still painful, to me, talking about this missed opportunity, as it hasn't been the only one in my Life. And it affected the way things gone for me to this day. Hope that at least, as above said, it can be useful as a warning to others to choose Love over fear.

Last edited:
Ive tried to quit drinking and smoking, at different times, using psychedelics and though they have definitely helped, the effects on my behaviour have only lasted so long before I reverted to my old routines. Psychedelics are no panacea but with the right set/setting/intentions and after care they can be really useful tools to aid in addictions management (and other mental health struggles).
I recently decided to quit both nicotine (vaping) and drinking. TBF the vaping is "harder" for me to quit because of how frequently I partake. So I spent the first few days drunk, just breaking the habit and avoiding cravings/withdrawals. 2 weeks w/o nicotine and I decided to quit drinking. atm Ive got 4 and 2 weeks respectively.

When I quit drinking I began supplementing with NAC, n-acetyl cysteine, as its my understanding it shouldnt be used after drinking. Anyways, it seems to really help with both cravings (and theres literature to back up the claims, if youd like)