View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushrooms + Adderall?

StanleyJobson

Ex-Bluelighter
When I was 19 I had an Rx for Adderall and really enjoyed it. Gave me a mood lift, some energy, and a calmer mind. I like mushroom trips, but don't always have an enjoyable time on them. I recently came across the idea of combining Adderall with mushrooms. This seems kind of like a poor man's hippy-flip. The mood lift will guide the mushrooms to a positive place, but you don't have to worry about serotonin depletion or any of that stuff. Plus the Adderall would give even more energy for when I trip while hiking. I think I'd take 20-30mg Adderall and 2 grams shrooms.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Most amphetamines give me an "impending sense of doom" which seems like a reciepe for a hellishly depressing trip. That being said, I have used small doses of adderall with both mushrooms and 4-AcO-DMT to combat the couch-lock symptom I get with said substances. The only.real negative side effect time was that the intospection you normally exper ience is multiplied by 100. 4-FA is a better candidate for X-flipping as it really has no come down to begin with when used responsibly & the longer duration insures that you're not going to crash half way through your trip. That lovely flood of serotonin isn't anything to complain about either=D

Last edited:
I took a gram of UK street amphetamine sulphate about 20 mins before 2 grams of shrooms and the phet completely overpowered the effects of the the shrooms.

I guess this is a subjective question and depends on what form of amphetamine you take/dose of shrooms.

I know the shrooms weren't bunk as friends were tripping balls on them.

It'll kill the spiritual aspect of the trip. If you decide to do this combo don't go above 10mg amphetamine.

Yeah I've heard it kills any ego loss. Hmm people seem to have all sorts of reactions to this.

Personally I'd hate to mix something like mushrooms with a stimulant, just sounds like an unenjoyable experience.

I took a gram of UK street amphetamine sulphate about 20 mins before 2 grams of shrooms and the phet completely overpowered the effects of the the shrooms.

I guess this is a subjective question and depends on what form of amphetamine you take/dose of shrooms.

I know the shrooms weren't bunk as friends were tripping balls on them.

I can't see the amphetamines not taking over shrooms at a fucking gram, good lord man.

I can't see the amphetamines not taking over shrooms at a fucking gram, good lord man.

The average seized samples of speed in the UK are about 10% actual amphetamines... It's still a lot, but not at all that bad if his was about that potent :p.

Combined Thai psilocybin mushrooms with stimulants a handful of times, it always made the trip more manic, increased heart rate, vasoconstriction etc... even outside of amphetamines, "baby speed" like vyvanse was enough to make things slightly uncomfortable.

Now I don't even take coffee with it. Just water and weed. The latter makes it more introspective and reflective, but for me the calm is preferable to the mania of stimulants + shrooms.

MDMA with acid is an exception I'll make for tryptamines + drugs with stimulant properties.

It was a gram of low quality street phet. Had it been decent stuff I seriously doubt I'd be typing this right now....

I personally wouldn't recommend combining psychedelics with stimulants. I've done LSD + amphetamine and 2C-E + methamphetamine.

Downers combine a lot better with psychedelics than stimulants do. In my opinion the best drugs to take when you're on psychedelics are:

- More psychedelics (no shit).
- Lots of weed (if you smoke it that is).
- Some alcohol.
- Dissociatives. I've taken MXE with a few psychedelics... it's awesome. 8o Felt very chilled out/blissed out.
- Codeine, believe it or not. That stuff gets fucking trippy when you combine it with psychedelics... makes the experience a lot smoother as well.

I'll never mix stimulants with mushrooms (though a moderate dose of MDMA was fun). I've never done it with amphetamines, but mushrooms plus cocaine was a disgusting feeling.

LSD and cocaine though, that was an awesome combo for me personally.

I took 2 grams of mushrooms and 40mg of adderal and I was more euphoric than when I was under the influence of mdma. I cruised around for hours on my skateboard listening to music and enjoying the weather. Go for it you won't regret it I promise.

I did a good amount of Mephedrone while peaking on 4-Aco-DMT. It was amazing, or awhile. Then I came down off the Meph and just wanted to keep doing that. But the combination was sublime while it lasted. Some what akin to a hippie flip I suppose.

Although I am not sure physically how healthy this is, my friend hippy and his friends have often taken substances on top of doses of amps like adderall and have been just fine.

I will however advise against this combination because of the fact that stimulants cause side effects such as anxiety, increased heart rate, restlessness, and paranoia at larger doses. This mixed with a psychedelic could easily turn into a face paced- mind racing- emotional roller coaster- of a trip where you feel like you HAVE to keep doing something/ find a purpose for everything instead of being mellow.

It sounds like as long as you like amphetamine in the first place, keep it to a reasonable dose, get a good set and setting going, and maybe keep a benzo around in case things go awry, that this could be a winning combo. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Amphetamine plus psilocybin: I've never tried it, but it sounds good. I'd like to try it.

Looks like I won't be trying this out anytime soon. Turns out that Adderall is ridiculously expensive

I'll never mix stimulants with mushrooms (though a moderate dose of MDMA was fun).
Man, MDMA is a weird drug... I really did not know what I was in for when I took that. I was expecting a more euphoric, possibly slightly psychedelic version of regular methamphetamine that I could possibly use as a stimulant.
Turns out it's not actually very stimulating at all... it feels euphoric but it fucks you up BIG time. I wouldn't even class MDMA or MDA as stimulants... they're in a class of their own.

LSD and cocaine though, that was an awesome combo for me personally.
Actually yeah... if it's decent coke I imagine that combo would feel pretty damn great. Cocaine is just different to other stimulants, and both those drugs make me feel superhuman.