Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Mushrooms-2.7 grams) Semi-Experienced - A Beautiful Farewell

SPDemon420

Bluelighter
this is a trip report I wrote YEARS ago when I was in highschool, just found it buried on an old hard-drive and figured I'd throw it up...

A Beautiful Farewell

Substances: Magic Mushrooms (2.7 grams mushroom powder, oral)
Cannabis (smoked)

Well I've thought about it for a little while now, and I think its time for my first ever trip report. For the longest time I have wanted to write a trip report but I couldn't find the words to explain things well. Even trying to explain things to my friends (beyond visuals) proved to be a challenge. I still cant adequately explain my mental aspect of tripping, so bear with me if this is a mostly visual report.

I was suppose to trip the week before at my best friend J's house, and all systems were go until the last minute. He had to go out to eat with his dad for his birthday, and ended up not getting back until late that night. So I arranged for the next weekend. Part of the reason I want to trip at J's house so bad is its a way to get outside while I trip but mostly because he's moving very soon, and I've had alot of great times in that house. I guess its my way of going out with a bang. One last good memory. The one to top them all.

The time has come and I decided I would stay at J's house and trip. After hanging out for the day I went back to my house to gather things for the night and eat my shrooms. I downloaded some psy-trance and other music onto my MP3 player and got out my shrooms. Unfortunately he had my scale at his house. I knew I only had 2.7 left but wanted to save a half gram or so for a little bit of a kick when I went to the amusement park. I ate what I figured would be around 2 grams and left.

These were a mix of good shrooms and amazing shrooms. The amazing ones have light golden caps and had me lost in the dark in my own house for a little while, after eating only 1.7 grams. When I got back the friends we had been hanging out with before I left were still there. I told them I had eaten some shrooms and they all got exited. They are all very interested in shrooms and only one of them had actually ever tripped. I weighed out what I had left. Powder always deceives me, I had a gram left. They intently watched me eat most of what I had left. When I was done I had about .4 left. It had been about 30 minutes since I had eaten the other 1.2 and I was starting to feel a little come up.

I could feel this might be pretty intense, as I was only feeling effect coming on from about half my dose and it was coming on strong. I asked everyone if they'd like to join me for a bowl on lion king cliff(what we call a little area at the top of a massive hill.) They all agreed and we set off. We all got to the top and sat down. The guys me and J were hanging out with like to mess with the girl (D) to make her mad(they are close friends and are together all the time.) They start in and as always she starts to get mad. I can feel a negative effect on me from this and can definitely tell at this point that the shrooms are working on me. I pack J's bubbler and take a nice hit. As I exhale I can feel the trip set in even stronger. Things start to ripple in my peripheral vision. We finish the bowl and start off back to J's house. As I walk I can feel the come-up of anxiety start to come over me. I keep trying to remind myself its temporary and how cool it is to be able to trip outside for once. All of my previous trips had been spent within the confines(and safety) of my room/house. We arrive back at J's house and the others are in the car. I lean down to the window and ask what they are doing. As I do this I get a feeling I have never when doing mushrooms before. It was a almost drunken sick dizzy feeling. I decided I had to go into the house and sit down.

I go into the house and into the living room, his sister is sitting on the couch. She tells me she hasn't smoked in a while and she wants to know if I can sell her anything. At this point I don't give a fuck. I sit down and get out my weed. She keeps talking to me and doesn't seem to notice anything wrong with me at all. J comes in and I ask him if everybody left, he says yes. Its a little bit of a relief but I still have alot of anxiety and am still feeling dizzy. I announce at this time "I am tripping my face off." J and his sister smiles and she says " So thats why he's staying the night." I give her the weed and all three of us talk for a few minutes about stuff I cannot remember. J asks me what I want to do, I assure him I have no fucking clue whatsoever. His sister says to me sarcastically "why don't you go get on the roof?"

I immediately get up and go for the door. His sister laughs and tells J to go and make sure i'm OK. I assure her I will be fine. I get up on the roof(something we do quite often actually) and go lay down in a corner. I look up at the sky and listen to the sounds around me. The neighbors are having a pool party and in another yard there is a bug zapper. It sounded as if everything was in 3D surround. The chatter and splashing of the pool party next door, the periodic bzzzt of the bug zapper - It was beautiful music. I put on some Infected Mushroom and gazed into the sky. It seemed as if I was in an omni-theater(a stadium seated domed theater fills your view and looks 3D). The bug zapper would go off just at the right time and combine with my trance. Everything connected and sounded so right. It looks as if there is a rip in the sky, almost like how a zipper opens. Wide at the bottom narrowing to a tip. J comes up to check on me. I explain the omni-theater to him and he listens as he smokes a cigarette. I focus on the music and close my eyes. He finishes his cigarette and goes back inside. I open my eyes again and get geometrical patterns for the first time. Lines connected in-between stars made fantastic shapes in the night sky. The trees in the top and bottom of my vision would grow and shrink. For the very first time I also notice a gentle tingling body buzz. The only body effects I have got from mushrooms before was an unpleasant restlessness. This was not unpleasant at all, in fact it was very comforting and enjoyable. At this point I became intensely focused of the patterns in the sky. My vision darkened and I felt I might be taken out of my body. I surrendered to this feeling even though I felt a little scared. I was not taken somewhere else but the visuals got more intense, I was glad and slightly disappointed at the same time.

I broke from my trance by turning my head to the side and look at the shingle right next to me. Instead of grit on the shingle it is a celtic knot pattern. The pattern doesn't move or change. It almost looks like a tile instead of a shingle. I closed my eyes again to see another first, closed eye visuals(I have had one closed eye visual ever, and it was quick and I don't count it.) They were lined patterns much like what I saw in the sky. The intense part of the song starts and a wave of euphoria washes over me. I close my eyes and concentrate on the music and my CEVs.

The song ends and I decide it is time to head in, mostly because I was starting to get cold. I jump down off the roof, and that pisses my stomach a bit. I also still feel a fair amount of anxiety. I walk inside and head to my things to grab some pepto. I take this every time the mushrooms bother my stomach but it never really seems to help that much. I come back from the bathroom and go with J into his room. He sits down and turns on the Playstation2 to play video games. I ask him if I can turn off the lights and lay down with my MP3 player for a while. He agrees and I do just that.

As I lay down the nausea subsides and the anxiety lessens some, but not much. Thoughts race through my head. Then I think something that makes me smile and laugh a bit. "tripping is kinda like sleeping" - allow me to explain. If I am going to sleep at night and remember that i'm trying to sleep(when I'm close to that point) I will wake myself up. Well if your tripping you don't want to think about something that bothers you, and I did. This is where I drew the similarity between the two(sorry if its confusing, like I said - I cant explain the mental parts well.) I thought "tripping is kinda like sleeping" haha thats definitely a tripping thing to say. With that laugh not only did I save myself from turning my trip in a bad direction, but all anxiety washes away to be replaced with an exited euphoria. I am listening to Shpongle "Behind Closed Eyelids" and it couldn't sound any better. J gets up and goes into the kitchen.

Light falls upon the bed when he opens the door. I look at the floral pattern on the bed and it "scrolls" forward and moves around. If you have seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas you know what I am talking about. When Dr. Gonzo gives Duke the acid and he is staring at the hotel rug move around. It is almost the same exact thing that I was watching. When J came back in and closed the door I was mildly saddened. I turned off my music and turned to see if the t.v. would be on any entertainment value. Extreme Elimination Challenge was on and proved to be very funny under the magic mushrooms spell. He flipped through channels and catching pieces of conversation also made me laugh a little. It hit me at this time how great it would be to smoke some pot and turn things up a notch. I ask J if he would like to smoke, and of course he gladly agrees.

We go out to the living room and sit down. I have him pack the bowl as my hands are very sweaty. J, his sister and I all talk while we smoke the bowl. I am slightly dizzy and anxious but it is bearable. With every hit off the bubbler I feel the intensity turn up a little bit. His sister is watching Nip Tuck and it is the most interesting show on earth at this point. T.v. in general is a very interesting thing at this moment. Cool special effects draw me in. We finish off our smoke and J suggests we go outside. At first I decline but then think 'what the hell am I thinking? thats why I'm here' - we head outside. As we make our way to the door we notice there has been a hatching of spiders in his house and are everywhere around the door on their invisible web. twenty little tiny baby spiders. We told his sister and left. Neither one of us like spiders very much.

As we head out the door I put on some Pink Floyd and walk down his driveway, I feel like 10 billion bucks. It has been around 2 1/2 hours now after the come-up and I am still tripping fairly strong, although the heaviest of the visuals have subsided. The air, the lights, the atmosphere - everything is perfect and beautiful. It was fairly late at this time and no one was around to bother us, I love it. We skated down his street(well I tried.) At first skating felt so new and strange, but very very cool. Even though it felt strange I still felt connected to my board, and did tricks fairly well. I was very relaxed and happy. As we went down the street headed for a little park I looked at all my surroundings, at how beautiful everything is. On the way to the park we saw a few cops and decided to stash the little bit of shrooms and weed I had left to grab on the way back. I was filled with a glowing energy, nothing like the uncomfortable restless energy I had felt on my previous trips. I wanted to jump in the air and do flips, I was had an electric energy charging through me.

J and I continued walking to the park and we talked about tripping(J has never tripped before and is interested.) We always have good, fun conversation when I am on shrooms. He has almost always been my trip partner, and probably always will be. We got to the park, which consists of a gazebo and a small pond. We both decide it would be cool to go up on the bridge that goes to the other side and watch the fountain(its colored red with lights.) We watched the fountain and talked more about tripping. The water shooting up over the red light was more bright and pretty than ever.

I suggested we go back to his house to get the blunt I rolled and go down to the bridge(a real bridge.) You can climb up on the underside, and he had never been there. I also thought it would be a cool thing to do while tripping a little. On the way back I eat the rest of my shrooms to lengthen the trip a bit. So we go back to his house stay for a little bit and then leave again. We are going towards the bridge past the park we were just at when J says to me - "Hey! Look raccoons!" - I turn to the tree, which is no more that 3 or 4 feet away and see something in the tree(I have bad eyes.) Then I notice the little eyes staring at us. He tells me to take off my headphones so I can hear them. I am glad he did because their purring noises were so cool, and dare I say... Cute. Then he taps me on the shoulder and says "quick look!" As I turn and look there are two huge cat looking things scurrying from the other side of the street through the crosswalk. As they get closer I see they too are raccoons. They walk within 5 feet of us to the other in the tree. Now there has to be 4, 5 maybe even 6 raccoons right in front of us. Needless to say, on mushrooms this is awesome. We hear them come down the tree so we walk down the sidewalk a little more, as to not be attacked by territorial raccoons. J sees them going to the water(there is a little stream under us and empties into the ocean on the other side of the road/bridge) and informs me of this. We go and look down but see nothing. Then all of a sudden we heard the "splish splash splish splash" of their little raccoon feet pattering down the stream towards the park. We both agree on how cool it is and head off for the bridge.

As we approach the bridge I realize I have forgot what we went back to the house for in the first place - the blunt. I get a little pissed and he asks if I want to just go back. I say no since we were already there. On the way he has me explain what we are doing, and this brings back memories of old friends and when we climbed underneath the bridge years ago. I explain this to him as we make our way there. We arrive and make our way up underneath the bridge. Its sort of sketchy because under the bridge is divided into sections and when moving between them you have nothing to hold onto, you just have to lean back. I am normally a little scared of this, but at this time I realize I am in no danger. I am in complete control of myself and wont fall unless I lean forward. I connect this to alot of things in my life and feel more confident and secure, and know that I will walk away from this trip a better person.

I sit there on the underside of the bridge and think while J smokes a cigarette and goes down to the water. I eventually make my way back to the beginning and get ready to leave. I eye an extremely small way to get on the other side of the bridge(where we came from, cannot the complete other side). I say fuck it but J disagrees. "If I do it, could you do it?" - "I don't know... yeah sure, lets see it" We have a good laugh as he tried to get get his foot to the other side and swing under the beam. But he does it. "Ok now you, and I'll go back he other way first" he does, but has more trouble and we have an even better laugh. Now my turn. First try I get stuck kinda hanging there because I am laughing to hard to do it. I make it on the second try. From looking at it, its impossible. We have conquered the beast.

As we skate our way back to his house I see something in a parking lot that I would never be able to do normally. I attempt it anyway and come closer than I thought. I go to a slightly smaller obstacle that would still be beyond me. I summon all the energy I have left and use my connection to the board to bring me up and across what I attempted. I was happy. We talk and make our way back to his house. Along the way some middle aged drunk women try to hit on us. We arrive at his house sapped of all energy. We go into his room talk, play video-games, smoke pot and shoot seeds from his BB gun. We didn't think they would hurt so we exchanged shots. Note: anything shot at high speeds hurts- and leaves welts. For the first time I actually remember he is moving and how much things will change. I am glad this came at the tail end of the trip. We talk with sadness how thing will change, and eventually go onto other topics. We spend the rest night playing old Playstation games, making fun of them, talking laughing and having a great time. It was a a fantastic end to an awesome, fun night.

It was also beautiful farewell to a house that I have had many great memories in and will remember forever.

- Thank you J, for being such a truly great friend, for all the good times so far, and for all the good times I'm sure we'll have in the future.... and for designating your house as the party house for as long as you've lived there

hehe, nice report!
read it earlier on my phone just cant reply on that.

and dont worry, jsut because people dont reply doesnt mean they dont appreciate it. :)

still keeping in touch with your friend?

hehe, nice report!
read it earlier on my phone just cant reply on that.

and dont worry, jsut because people dont reply doesnt mean they dont appreciate it. :)

still keeping in touch with your friend?

Thanks alot. Yeah we still keep in touch, not on a regular basis, but we still talk. I think I was 16 or 17 when I wrote this report(im 26).. been a bluelighter this whole time hahaha.

Can't believe you never felt the body buzz from mushrooms before! It is the best physical sensation I've ever had.

Good report!

Can't believe you never felt the body buzz from mushrooms before! It is the best physical sensation I've ever had.

Good report!

even in all time times I did them after this experience, this was the only time I ever did - I normally just feel extremely restless and like I cant get comfortable. I do have anxiety issues tho, and have since stopped taking psychedelics because of them.

I actually sent this report to my friend that was my trip buddy that night, brought back alot of memories, and we ended up having a LOOOONG conversation about that night and the "old days" in general - amazing how having a really detailed account of a good night can bring back so many things, not even related to that specific night, years later. Im very glad I wrote this report, and will probably always look back on it for a bit of reminiscing into my highschool years.