• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Mushroom Trip - always the same issues

This is a lie. The acetoxy group is not too large for the molecule to have an effect. https://bitnest.netfirms.com/external/10.1016/j.neuropharm.2018.02.028 This study found that 4-AcO-DALT has similar affinities to DALT and 4-HO-DALT. It's reasonable to assume that 4-AcO-DMT has affinities similar to DMT and 4-HO-DMT.
There doesn't appear to be any data concerning applied 4-AcO-DMT on neuron cultures, merely the HTR of rodents when they are administered 4-AcO-DMT, which is ofcourse not surprising, since 4-AcO-DMT gets converted to 4-HO-DMT.

The reason why 4-AcO-DMT is unable to bind in of itself, is because the acetoxy group prevents the straight 45 degree angle that the ethylamine chain needs to have to be able to bind to the receptor, furthermore, there is hydrogen bonds present between the moieties that further destabilizes that specific conformation. This is also related to the low-affinity that 4-MeO-DMT has.

And even if 4-AcO-DMT would have activity, that doesn't exclude the fact that the Acetoxy group gets cleaved off very rapidly in the body, before sufficient binding could even occur

I'm gonna chime in on this 4-aco-dmt debate, lol. I've never had nausea from 4-aco-dmt but regularly get it from mushrooms. Also, 4-aco seems always positive for me. I wouldn't say it's the same as mushrooms....I like IV 4-aco-dmt a whole lot! Different esters of drugs do change how fast they enter your bloodstream and I think that's true of 4-AcO-DMT too.

You crazy fool simstim! How do you IV Aco? What happens when it hits? Does it hit so fast you catch the dmt aliens by surprise dressed in bra and panties?

You crazy fool simstim! How do you IV Aco? What happens when it hits? Does it hit so fast you catch the dmt aliens by surprise dressed in bra and panties?
The most I've ever pushed it to IV was 30mg but I'm buying a gram today. Planning to really push beyond that this time. Even 30mg IV was an intensely euphoric psychedelic explosion. I'm not sure about dusting off my needle exchange card for this one though. I might stick with intranasal this go round. Maybe not though. Guess we'll find out when it gets here. The last psychedelic tryptamine I shot was 4-HO-DET and that was kind of short and light compared to 4-aco-dmt.