View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom Tolerance Question

cowboycurtis

Bluelighter
I drank some tea a couple of hours ago. I put about a gram of some mushrooms whose quality has been previously tested into it. I wasn't expecting much, but now that I don't feel anything I'm kind of disappointed. Will eating a couple grams be futile at this point or is tolerance correlative to the intensity of effects experienced? I'm pretty well versed in psychedelics, BTW.

Save ‘em for next time, and consume some cannabis, if that’s an option. Maybe you had a big lunch before the tea, and that can slow things down.

I think if you would have had another g you'd be alright.

1g can have really weak effects...especially if you downed it on a full stomach.

Were they stored properly? And for how long? Could have lost potency as well.

depends on the strain but every patch of mushrooms differs in potency between strains aswell. A gram of most species would be very weak and would only expect to feel something if you had something a very high potency strain

Like I said I wasn’t expecting much, it’s just that I wanted a bit more once I got there. I ended up holding out and just dosing higher next time. Some buddies said a gram of these new super blue tiny little ones kinda fucked their day up when they got more than they bargained for.

I know that feeling, getting there and being like "what? that's it?" But next time it'll be closer to what you were after, hopefully.

Little ones always kick my ass, in general. Except one time, where a buddy and I split a 1/4 oz, and it was a rather large, single chunk of stalk. And it was soooo greeny-blue. We both got completely crushed by that dose about 3 hours later (consumed in a cheese omelette). Delayed onset, but devastating effects once it kicked in.
At least with shrooms, if you get more than you bargained for, it's not a long rideout compared with an LSD or DOx type trip.

. Except one time, where a buddy and I split a 1/4 oz, and it was a rather large, single chunk of stalk. And it was soooo greeny-blue. We both got completely crushed by that dose about 3 hours later (consumed in a cheese omelette). Delayed onset, but devastating effects once it kicked in.

:D "Devestating effects"! Sounds like the mushrooms I know. That's part of why I love them....the invariable feeling of....."aha.....so one of these eh?"

At least with shrooms, if you get more than you bargained for, it's not a long rideout compared with an LSD or DOx type trip.

This is pretty well why I stick to mushrooms for the most part. Quick and easy....though, the easy part may be debatable for some.

Ya I haven’t even done any psychedelics other than DMT in a few years for that precise reason: commitment to duration. That being said, my buddy started this pretty large-scale grow and I got a few ounces of some different mushrooms and truffles that I’m excited to figure out what to do with. A few look pretty exotic, definitely not cubensis. One of em is called “ghost”, but I haven’t had the chance to ask him what species they are. The ones I took were some massive penis envy cubes.