• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2015

Ive eaten them fresh most of the time, eating about 7-10 mushrooms maybe weighing 20-30 grams. Usually the conversion rate for dried is 10 per cent of this weight, so i think 2 grams should be a perfect dose.

Im looking to really explore the psychedelia of shrooms on my next trip and up the dose, as my last 2 trips have been pure bliss.

^^What is your highest dose of subs so far?Doing 2.5g(bout 10 smaller caps) for what will probs be my last mush trip this year. Got a mate coming over to do the same dose and another sober sitter mate. Heading down to the beach after on this awesomely beautiful day with a fat blunt!

Keen is an understatement! :)

It is a little OT but what do you use to roll blunts with? I am not a fan of those artificial wraps and most cigars I have tried with didn't work that well. I much prefer spliffs anyway, but if you don't use wraps and could suggest a particular cigar brand I have not used I would be quite keen to try it.

It is a little OT but what do you use to roll blunts with? I am not a fan of those artificial wraps and most cigars I have tried with didn't work that well. I much prefer spliffs anyway, but if you don't use wraps and could suggest a particular cigar brand I have not used I would be quite keen to try it.
Have you tried the whole owl brand? I have never done it myself as I font like blunts. The tobacco is always too overpowering (I don't smoke tobacco) but i know heaps of people that use the white owl brand cigars and they seem to make nice looking blunts

Eating mushies fresh can be a nice way to go. One thing my mates and I used to do was wake up, have a light brekkie, then go scan the paddocks on the (owned) property we were at that had about 20 cows and lots of golden tops. Eat em fresh as you go, and when the ground starts changing colours and looking for any more shrooms just becomes to weird, head back up to the house with the pickings and add them to the big ass pile on the table.

Go for a swim, a bush walk, hitch-hike into town, or just laze about smoking ciggies and weed until lunch time. Decide whether or not to incorporate some dried mush into lunch - spend the afternoon relaxing, tripping lightly, and when night comes, take a big dose and ride the wave baby boy.

I wouldn't take shrooms like that anymore, though, opting for a more "mature" and "McKennian" approach. But the way myself and mates did as a younger adult worked well at the time and constitute some of my tripping memories.

Is there something wrong with this season for anyone is anyone noticing a drought ? I'm finding no text book species in the areas that were flooded last year i'm not having a good run :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Oldred3s do you mean White Owl? I had them a couple times, they were okay, to be honest a lot of the time they were drier than I would like. I guess that is likely to be more of a storage issue than a brand specific issue though.

I use the flavoured wraps you can get from most tobacconists or where bongs are sold. They don't stick well though so I make my fingers just the tiniest bit sticky and dab the edge of the wrap then run a lighter over it like you would when charring a CIG for spin. I like vanilla.

I prefer spliffs too but there was 3 of us and we wanted to roll it fat as fuck...... We never got to the beach though lol we found bush tracks on the way and that was explored until we had to go home.

I've had a 2.9g trip (first ever ego-death(& I've used tons of psychs in quite high doses) and a religious death-rebirth experience that was incredible and life changing.

Then this 2.6g trip which was sooooo euphoric! But my first time I had 4g which probably wasn't too smart but I handled it fine. I tripped really hard and the visuals were on another level but I was OK. So it just proves that ego-death isn't about dose as much as it's about set & setting!

P.s Mate just got some pure DMT which I've never tried properly so I'm pretty psyched, he has rue too so I'm debating doing a pseudo-pharmahuasca but I need to research it more. He also got an Amazonian Cubensis print so hopefully if we don't fuck it up we should have cubes year round now yay! No growing will be taking place in my house though!...... If anyone can recommend a grow tek pls do! :)

Last edited:
I use the flavoured wraps you can get from most tobacconists or where bongs are sold. They don't stick well though so I make my fingers just the tiniest bit sticky and dab the edge of the wrap then run a lighter over it like you would when charring a CIG for spin. I like vanilla.

I prefer spliffs too but there was 3 of us and we wanted to roll it fat as fuck...... We never got to the beach though lol we found bush tracks on the way and that was explored until we had to go home.

I've had a 2.9g trip (first ever ego-death(& I've used tons of psychs in quite high doses) and a religious death-rebirth experience that was incredible and life changing.

Then this 2.6g trip which was sooooo euphoric! But my first time I had 4g which probably wasn't too smart but I handled it fine. I tripped really hard and the visuals were on another level but I was OK. So it just proves that ego-death isn't about dose as much as it's about set & setting!

P.s Mate just got some pure DMT which I've never tried properly so I'm pretty psyched, he has rue too so I'm debating doing a pseudo-pharmahuasca but I need to research it more. He also got an Amazonian Cubensis print so hopefully if we don't fuck it up we should have cubes year round now yay! No growing will be taking place in my house though!...... If anyone can recommend a grow tek pls do! :)

Google the pf tek. It's probably the best one out there. Very in depth and has photos as well.
I still have some dmt changa a mate gave me back in may. I got given 4.5 grams and still have about 2 grams left.
This shit is strong as fuck too. Half a cone has be shooting across the galaxy. I have tried to do multiple cone hits but it's too hard to get a second cone packed. It comes way to quick and strong. I reckon you better off smoking the dmt. You'll get more out of it. There is a really high chance you vomit and have the shits doing pharmahuasca if it's anything like aya.
Also you'll have to fast from most foods and pretty much every drug you consume for 24hours before and after.

I did an extraction over the weekend of some mushrooms. Used 30g and reduced down to 30ml. Gave it a sample yesterday. I tried 1.5ml and got a nice mild trip. The trip lasted about 3 hours. I had minor visuals and some nice euphoria. Very clear vision. Crisp colours. Words would move and the grass was also moving. Felt very much like an lsd trip around 120-150ug but only for around 3 hours maybe 4. No come down either. I have very minor confusion too.

I had a similar trip you describe, after picking and eating some fresh in WA. I really enjoy a mild dose now. Minimal to no comedown or next day confusion, with the trip tapering off at the optimal time. Not too long or short, just right.

Loved rugging up and just staring at the ceiling, contemplating life and admiring some visuals, or meditating.

Ive only ever tried subs so I think that means i've only tried psilocin, a friend and I are splitting and ounce of cubensis in the near future so hopefully the Psilocybin adds something. Im also getting some 4-aco-DMT in the near future which is something ive wanted to try forever but im glad im getting to try it after mushrooms. Mush is my favourite psychedelic easily. DMT is very cool, but mushrooms are my healer and the enlightenment and revelations stick until after the trip is over. DMT is nuts but I cant bring a lot back from it.

My future trips that im interested in are Mushrooms(oral) + MDA(rectal) + DMT(smoked) & maybe MXE or preferably IM Ketamine. I know that sounds like a lot but im a bit of a hardhead unfortunately when it comes to most Psychs.
I want to do LSD + MDMA or MDA + Ketamine + Nitrous with my 2 best trip mates around a fire either in the bush or on a remote beach. Maybe even add 2C-I because its tame & I think that's what my friend will want to try next because he's done 2C-E & 2C-B & ive done T7, 2C-I, 2C-B, 2C-E(stuff makes me so sick unfortunately!)

I tried IV Ket(due to only having 30mg of s-isomer :D ) & DMT yesterday morning(my birthday) but it kind of didn't work. I shot the K first and was not holed but nicely affected. I smoked the DMT and I cant remember what happened next unfortunately. Not realy sure what happened.

Sorry that was off topic.
Something that is on topic....... What differences can people distinguish between Subaeruginosa & Cubensis Mushrooms in terms of effect and dose(the cubes will be cultivated)?

Psilocybe subaeruginosa contain both psilocybin and psilocin. According to wikipedia (admittedly not the best source) subs contain significantly more psilocybin than psilocin. It doesn't really matter anyway, because psilocin is the active chemical, psilocybin is essentially just a pro drug for psilocin.

My understanding is that the reason different species of psilocybin mushrooms have slightly different effects is because they contain varying levels of baeocystin and norbaeocystin, which are analogs of psilocybin.

I know fuck all about cubensis, but I know it is generally weaker than subs. I would probably dose 20% more cubes than what I would subs, but that is a rough estimate, I didn't check the exact potency difference.

Happy birthday for yesterday. :)

^^The thing is though that ive always had wild subs, these cubes are cultivated, and cultivated shrooms are stronger than natural ones aren't they? I heard they can be up to 4 times stronger. So shouldn't I dose around the same as I would for wild subs?(Im going to try one 6-7g trip, I want to get to the point of the carrier wave) Mushrooms are really special to me :) <3

Thank you so much for the happy bday :) <3

I was not aware that cultivated mushrooms are considered so much more potent, that is interesting. I had heard of some indoor cubensis varieties which were supposed to be quite potent. Generally, I thought Psilocybe subaeruginosa was considered one of the most potent psychoactive mushrooms, but I could be mistaken.

The best place to go for mushroom info is the shroomery. If you know the person cultivating these mushrooms, try and find out the exact strain of mushroom they are cultivating (golden teacher, penis envy, etc.), you should be able to look them up and get a much better idea of what to expect potency wise.

I have heard amazing things from penis envy. Many long time mush users have said the are the strongest cubes they've had.

I know eventually we will have Amazonian Cubensis but this next batch wont be those I don't think.

P.S Pity its so damn hard to cultivate wood loving species. Id love to grow subs and Azurescens(not sure what environment/nutrients they like though :/

Oh and yes The Shroomery is great but I don't spend a whole lot of time there. I read books mostly.

I have heard amazing things from penis envy. Many long time mush users have said the are the strongest cubes they've had.

I know eventually we will have Amazonian Cubensis but this next batch wont be those I don't think.

P.S Pity its so damn hard to cultivate wood loving species. Id love to grow subs and Azurescens(not sure what environment/nutrients they like though :/

Oh and yes The Shroomery is great but I don't spend a whole lot of time there. I read books mostly.
Subs are hard to grow but not impossible. I have read people have success growing them off cardboard and using Vegemite mixed in water for nutrients. The hardest part is mocking the climate. I have seen rigs set up in old fridges with black lights.
I've also read that you body metabolises psilocybin into psylocin whichbis why it takes as long as it does to come on. If you grind your shrooms to dust or the consistency of chopped weed and mix your weighed dose with lemon juice and leave sit covered for 10-15 mins the lemon juice turns all psilocybin into psylocin. Drink it back and it's a far more intense trip and comes on within 10 minutes.
With cultivated mushrooms it's not that they are more potent but the varying dose of psylocin /psylicibin isn't as random so the shrooms will have a more consistent dose rather than some being stronger than others. I could be wrong.
Happy birthday for yesterday.

^^I have never done it any other way. Ive only done shrooms 3 times. Well 4 but once was in Amsterdam and I was on an SSRI or SNRI and took equiv 7g dry of the strongest mush they had out of about 6 varieties(im actually glad it hardly affected me because I had absolutely no idea what I was in for if I had have felt the full 7g. 4g was insane at 24 years old and much more experience. 7g at 17 with very little(but some) experience could have really flipped my lid. 4g 2nd time of powdered subs in lemon juice was amazing but because it was my first time I was naturally nervous and I didn't get the full potential. 3rd time I had 2.9g or dried whole mushrooms soaked in lemon juice(never again! I will chop it up forevermore, It was truly foul!) and had a deeply spiritual experience. Then the last time I had 2.6g of the dried whole subs with a mate and a sitter and it was just encompassing euphoria that felt so much apart of me instead of like MDMA euphoria which isn't forced or fake like some say but its definitely feels like a drug. This just felt like I was naturally having the best day of my life with visuals lol We just spent the day walking around beaches and in public and I know on acid I feel all bug eyed and wouldn't at all feel comfortable doing all that.

Sounds awesome. The lemon juice tek is awesome. Isn't it. The euphoria from mushies kicks ass over that from.mdma for sure