Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Book

8o I need a good book or a good site to learn about shrooming so I won't hurt myself or my buds. They are looking to me to be the smart one out of the group and learn about this the right way. We've never been shrooming before but I feel with the right information to make and educated decision we'll be allright:)

I have never really read any books on the topic but I seem to recall reading that 'Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World: An Identification Guide' by Paul Stamets is a good resource.

Shroomery.org is an invaluable resource in educating yourself on all matters relating to Psilocybin mushrooms and I learned to pick largely due to extensive reading of that site.

I have never really read any books on the topic but I seem to recall reading that 'Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World: An Identification Guide' by Paul Stamets is a good resource.

Shroomery.org is an invaluable resource in educating yourself on all matters relating to Psilocybin mushrooms and I learned to pick largely due to extensive reading of that site.

I'm in the US in North Carolina do you know if my region is a good place to be for hunting?

^ No idea man you might try looking in the American regional forum to see if there is any advice there, I only know about hunting in southern Australia.

The Stamets book is brilliant - a good read in itself, good photos and a great guide to id'ing active mushrooms.

All of the literature out there (aside from here, the corroboree and shroomery) I have read about Australia is either only partially accurate or outdated.

If you don't have a good mentor to teach you properly it can take quite a while to learn what you need to know to be safe and to find spots that aren't already picked out or in the case of WA - policed.

Melbourne & Adelaide is a walk in the park compared to WA.

^^It is a great read with excellent information and funny stories from Paul's past. Don't expect to learn all that much about Australian species. There is only one page that mentions P. subaeruginosa and the one pic is not the best for properly ID'ing the mushroom. It gives detailed description of how to identify psilocybin mushrooms by spore printing etc. which is great for novices.

adelaide hillzy Thurs 13-18 shower2 Fri 12-19 sat 10-19 sun 11-22 Mon 13-25
Rain since 9am/last hr 21.4mm / 0.6mm

looks like we can maybe start looking ;>

Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Mar 23 10.5°C 14°C 7.0mm
Tue
Mar 22 13.1°C 17.2°C 1.0mm
Mon
Mar 21 13.9°C 16.8°C 31.4mm
Sun
Mar 20 11.6°C 18.8°C -
Sat
Mar 19 10.0°C 22.4°C 0.0mm

found more stats. looks like this weekend is gonna invovle some hiking ;)

Last edited:
Hey luvgrud, what area are those from? I live in central oklahoma and see ALOT of ones that look like those each year, just been to scared to try em incase theyre poisonous.

^ Might be a bit of a long-shot considering the forum you're posting in GratefulDeadhead? ;)

If there isn't any discussion in your local sub forums mabye try the shroomery? Definitely do not try eating any fungi if you are not 100% certain they have been identified accurately.

Hey GratefulDead those pics are from an e-book on errowid. What ypu should do is take a picture of the mushrooms in question and post them on shroomery so.that you know for sure. Usually a good indicator is blue bruising but that doesnt always mean you have the goods. If your also willing to put some extra effort in to identifying them you can always take a spore print and look it up/post it online.

And from my understanding cubes grow basically world wide. Basically if your state has cattle, chances are your state has cubes.

Or pm me with an image and i may be able to help.

hey guys, i checked my close to home spot this morning in Adelaide, still to warm at night i think. I got nothing...

here is a pic from last years finds, there from deep south of adelaide, cant wait till there here again......

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 108
Nice rick.shaw :) they look tasty.

Yeah the south has some pretty good spots. Also, the east in particular is good.

yeah pretty happy with the iphone photo haha.

i got some good spots near my house but the big patches for me are down south. got shown spots by my dads hippy friend, he took me out and showed me what to look for and how to respect the patch and the mushrooms for future use.

i have just as much fun trekn around the forrest as i do eating them

The weather is getting cold in the capital! not to mention consistent rainfall, im going for a quick look in the next couple of days, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

and @roxyoxy just do a lot of googling on what mushrooms grow in your area checking out lots of images, they can come in many shapes and sizes depending on their health and age, so it can be a little daunting at first.

Pinch the stem wait at least 10 minutes to look for blueish bruising on that area. This is the first good sign of an psychoactive mushroom. Also, take a spore print and post pictures up on shroomery.org to get a more accurate ID.

If your not sure don't eat em.

peace

nice warm jacket CHECK
nice Mushroom hunting boots CHECK
nice weather CHECK DOUBLE DOUBLE CHECK
good amount of rain CHECKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk!

looks like its shroomin season fellows!

i'm gonna try my luck over the weekend. :)

6WzIT.jpg

oVy2Q.jpg

yvjNk.jpg

there's a bunch of these in my backyard, not anything tho right?

i dont think mushroom ID is allowed on here, maybe check shroomery?

but to me they dont look like subs, duno much about cubes but i doubt it. that has white gills underneath pretty sure white means uneatable. what were they growing on? wood? grass? cow poo?

either way, never eat unknown mushrooms.

No mushrooms ID's allowed on bluelight, I can tell you that what you have isn't active however.

Status
Not open for further replies.