Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers. Yeh knew they wernt active was just inspired haha i know what cubensis are thefe my favourite since abusing lsd for a year straight

PsiloSubNaut - Please can you delete a few messages from your inbox? I want to send you a PM but it won't let me because your inbox is full!!

^ Cheers mate, we don't allow ID's around here but if you need an ID shroomery is a great resource with knowledgable members.

A friend and I have experienced some strange symptoms from consuming ‘shrooms and we were hoping that somebody might be able to provide some explanation as to what might be going on. The ‘shrooms were handpicked by me in May\June in the Melbourne suburbs, and I’m experienced with both ID and consumption. About 6 months ago I consumed about 4 grams (which is my usual dose for transcendental experiences) and experienced a milder than usual psilocybin effect. After about 5 hours, and I had pretty much returned to baseline, I was taking a short walk from home to the shops to get something to eat when my legs stopped working, which was very distressing to say the least. Once I had rested for a short time, they seemed to work again, albeit clumsily. By interspersing short bursts of walking with rests I was able to make it to the shops and home again. Once I returned home, I had difficulty eating as the muscles in my face seemed to be paralysed.

I initially put this down to something psychological; however, my friend recently consumed what must have been this same batch of ‘shrooms that I gave him (without realising this) on NYE. Unsure of the exact quantity, but it would have been similar to my aforementioned dose. He got no psilocybin effects, which might be explained by degradation, but he experienced similar symptoms re: muscle paralysis starting with his legs and spreading to his face. He felt these effects were dopaminergic in origin (cf. Parkinson’s/ extrapyramidal side effects). Interestingly, his partner, who had the same dose, experienced no effects what so ever. I should note that both he and I have been diagnosed with ADHD and take Dex/Ritalin (although I was not taking this at the time). He felt that taking his Dex reduced the symptoms.

A penny for your thoughts…

(I have a few hypotheses as to what might be going on here, but don’t want to bias any responses)

It says they consumed them nye, maybe they thought they were fly argics? (spelling) and were trying to get high?

But its more likely they thought they were edibles.

^ they ate them assuming they were the same mushrooms they used for cooking back home in asia.

Cheers buddy :D.. Does anyone knkw what them shroons are in last post?

For god's sake don't eat them. You should really, really familiarise yourself with mushrooms before going out and trying to identify them.

I doubt they were keen to get high even though it did happen on NYE. I mean its quite easy to differentiate between psilocybe mushrooms and non actives. Judging by there ages too. Im not sure what happened but hopefully they will be all right. Lesson to anyone who goes on a hunt, know what u are looking for and if u are suss so u should be. Better safe than sorry.

Two die from death cap mushrooms

Two people have died after eating death cap mushrooms at a New Year's Eve dinner party in Canberra.

The deaths were confirmed by a spokesman for Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital this morning.

The victims were waiting for liver transplants after eating the fungus.

"It (the mushroom's toxin) is particularly toxic to the liver so you will eventually go into a liver failure and that's how these individuals would have succumbed to death," Dr Naren Gunja from the NSW Poisons Information Centre said.

Four people ate the toxic mushrooms, which look very similar to a popular edible Chinese mushroom.

One has been released from Canberra hospital and another is still receiving treatment in Sydney.

this is so sad..

while i am relieved that this was not some young people mis identifying fungi, when they were actually trying to get high... as that gives serious mushroomers a bad name..

it is still none the less, an incredibly sad story.

a story that highlights, how deadly a wrong identification can be.

from what i hear, it is an incredibly awful few days before dying.

it is an amazing toxin that can shut down organs so quickly, without antidote, in such small amounts.

my heart goes out to the families of these poor victims.. and i hope that the remaining victims do survive... tho, from what i gather, unless a liver transplant becomes available, depending on the level of poison, they may not make it... i dont know the exact details of the current survivors, so it is hard to say..

i know that yesterday, there were 4 people in hospital sick from mushroom poisoning, and 24 hrs later, there are two in hospital, and two in the morgue... scary stuff...

be carefull kids... always be sure of the identity of the fungi you consume... be it for the dinner plate, or for an experience.

This is very sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to the family and loved ones of those who have passed away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.