View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

mushroom peek-a-boo

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
On my first major high dose mushroom trip, (this was somewhere around 9 grams worth of cubensis) I would be having these crazy visuals of energy, and then the very slight outline of a face would start emerging made out of the surrounding energy. Over the course of about 2 or 3 seconds, the features would build. It would then get slightly closer to me, and poke it's head out of the visuals, and then re-submerge into the energy. Then, on a 5 gram dose, yesterday my friend had the exact same experience with a different entity. We had not discussed this before the trip at all, yet he described it EXACTLY the same way I did. I think that machine elves actually custom tailor the trip to you, and that this "peeking" activity that they display is almost like an artist's signature on their painting. They're just checking up on you, saying hello and letting you know that they're with you as well as taking credit for their work.

Is this something that regularly happens to people? I find it incredibly interesting that we had two separate experiences that match up. I have no doubt in my mind that others also experience this phenomenon. I am baffled as to why this only happens on mushrooms, and not LSD, not cactus and not HBWR seeds.

During this period of time you can also talk to the mushroom. It will remain quiet until you engage with it in conversation. You don't necessarily have to actively seek it out. ask yourself a question in your mind as if you were thinking about something, but be clear that you're specifically addressing the mushroom. Just try it next time, especially if it starts peeking at you. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Share your stories below! I'm very curious to hear how many other people experience this strange form of interaction. Also be sure to share your dosage at the time, as I have never experienced this on a dose below 4 dried grams.

Last edited:
It's not machine elves.You are picking images of cloaked ET's.The benevolent Et's that are walking this planet, can cloak this way.You produce a large energy picture to them , so they check you out and see your reactions to them.I met with a uncloaked Sirian female that described that technology to me.She then cloaked herself and played with me for a while hiding amongst the ferns and I had to try to find her.Mushrooms are a tool they use to attempt contact and communications.Terrence Mckenna talks about the ET- mushroom connection.These beings can cloak their ship and or themselves.She claimed to from the Sirius A star system. Next time tripping on a large dose, close your eyes and ask for contact with a benevolent Et. Pay careful attention to whom shows up in the next day or two.They won't land their ship in front of you, or announce themselves as ET's, but things get weird around these folks and you might be able to pick them out.They won't grab you or abduct .They look almost exactly like us, except for their eyes.If you get scared they will swiftly depart.They are extremely telepathic so keep your happiest, most loving thoughts, when meeting physically with them.

Well, I don't believe that there are entities designing my trips, but I do get face visuals on tryptamines all the time. Sometimes they are made out of energy patterns as you describe, but other times they are fully colored and detailed like regular faces, though typically still with abstract designs mixed in like psychedelic jewelry. I don't personally believe them to be anything other than my brain working overly hard to find facial recognition features amongst geometric chaos, but I would still say it might be my favorite kind of visual effect. It's particularly common for me on DMT, mushrooms, 4-HO-MET, and 4-HO-MPT, though I have also gotten an almost identical effect to mushrooms a couple of times on LSD, and I have noticed less detailed or solid but clearly the same kinds of faces forming here and there on other tryptamines and even on phenethylamines. Though, that was closer to what you describe, as I tended to only see one or two faces building up at a time, whereas on tryptamines for me there are often so many that they take up my entire visual field at once.

Anyway, these are the lowest doses I've gotten the most significant form of the effect on:

Psilocybe cubensis - 2 g
4-HO-MET - 25 mg
4-HO-MPT - 25 mg
DMT - Sub-breakthrough
LSD - 4 blotters

People have face and life-form detection systems, both with known specialized brain region activity and evolutionary advantage to explain development in humans (and animals esp the latter). Trigger these brain regions / cross-chatter to other regions and it will cause synaesthesia-like functions, sensory information interpreted 'inappropriately' or being generated without any input - i.e. breakthrough level immersion.

Especially tryptamines seem to have a knack for this, being more known for entity contact and seeing faces in everything, stuff coming to life.