View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom insightle

Vezzy

Greenlighter
I've tripped maybe 2 dozen times, in a few different environments, and aside from a few episodes/situations that lasted only a few minutes, have had no serious bad trips.

Anyway, was curious what others thought about shrooms, such as recommended dose, how you take them, is the stem or the cap better, dry weight vs fresh weight , and anythinf else to intensify/enhance the trip

my advice when asked is

eat 3.5 grams of dried shrooms or around 20 grams of fresh shrooms. You absolutely will
not be one of those people that "didn't trip".

ive had only 2 experiences where I had just a light trip, lasting 2 hours maybe? The rest of the times, it feels like it lasts forever but never long enough lol. I more often then not eat them in the evening and trip well through the night and calm down but still feel goofy into the early morning/daylight.

i dont mind the taste, but the texture makes me dry heave. With fresh shrooms I grind them up, make a few small piles and just take them like a shot. With dry shrooms I've found if you put them in a small container and use the chocolate hardening syrup stuff for ice cream and freeze it for a few minutes you get a ghetto chocolate that's much essier to munch down on.

moving on, to dried vs fresh, it's my understanding that dried are more potent by weight, but fresh is a little more potent. Basically, if you had let's say just one big mushroom, you would get a better trip eating it fresh as opposed to drying it out. Whether that's true I know not, but it losing a bit of potency due to drying out isn't hard to believe
as far as ratio, my opinion is like a 8:1 , 8 fresh grams = about 1 dried gram. My only real reasoning for such is I traded a Franklin one time for a walmart bag almost full of fresh shrooms, which turned out to be a little over a half pound. They were like nothing I'd ever saw, stems bigger then celery stalks, like 8-10 inches long, with the biggest cap being the size of a small plate. Going off caps>stems, I ate a 18 gram cap first, and 3 of my friends split a 28 gram stem along with a pinch of a mangled cap, all for their first time, and they all had a blast. About a week later, after being up for 2 days, I ate a 24 gram cap as well as 8 grams of another cap that my friend didn't wanr because he didn't understand the dry vs fresh concept. Anyway, that was probably the strongest trip I've had, for almost an hour I was stuck in my truck because I couldn't start my truck to back up so I could open my door, (I had parked close to my camper so I could use my
ttuck to get ontop the camper) , turns out I wasn't turning the key hard enough lol. I then was unable to use my phone, and would stutter heavily when I tried to talk. I couldn't feel my penis at all, thought it was actually goey at one point, and I walked like hunter s Thompson....moving on...

thinfs to to enhance the trip. I prefer being outside with a small group of friends. I dress jeans and long sleeve shirt, bring basic food, water, flashlights , a change of clothes and a few weapons but no guns, I prefer the machete and head lamp combo. Simple but effective when crawling around following a bug or hiding from some demons

i also have come to prefer stayimg up for a few days and then eating the shrooms, it's much deeper and intense.

how bout your self?

Last edited:
If they're dry grind them into a powder. No texture issues and it comes on really fast. I wouldn't recommend 3.5 for a first timer.

Grapefruit juice can intensify a mushroom trip (as well as many other drugs).
Weed intensifies the effects of psychedelics and vice versa.
Codeine+promethazine synergizes very nicely with psychedelics. Unlike benzos or alcohol, opiates don't dull the trip.

I can't say I agree with you about tripping when you're sleep-deprived. Tiredness makes you irritable, unstable and prone to having a bad trip.

I personally find mushrooms and tryptamines in general quite sedating. If I take them when I'm really tired I tend to doze off after the first couple of hours.

It's harder to judge doses with fresh shrooms because you don't know exactly how wet they are, big weight difference between 90% water & 70% for example, but I think they're stronger eaten fresh than the same mushrooms dried out & then eaten. Dry mushrooms lose potency over time if not stored properly. So it's pretty impossible to compare doses.

I think caps are usually a bit stronger than stems & easier to digest, but there's obviously stuff in the stem too.

If they're dry grind them into a powder. No texture issues and it comes on really fast. I wouldn't recommend 3.5 for a first timer.
Lol! Just sayin’ this is the best method! Belly full of lime juice and 3000 mg of vitamin c! I have no idea if it works to potentiate the shrooms, but I do it anyways. Good shit!

I remember reading once on Erowid the ratio between dry and fresh mushrooms is about 1:10, that is, 10g fresh mushrooms = 1g dried. Presumably it varies between cultivar though.

I also recall reading that the caps are marginally more potent, alkaloid-wise, than the stems, but it's only in the range of 10-20% difference. Probably not worth losing sleep over.