View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom Info Needed

learner

Greenlighter
Here are a few questions for this group, THANKS for any responses.

1. When it comes to growing mushrooms and the cakes. Will they stop producing after all the nutrition is sucked out of the cake? If so can a person inject, with a needle some liquid nutrition to keep the process going?

2. Can someone confirm there is active material (stuff your after) in the stem?

3. After a cap opens is there a rapid lose of potency?

4. There are high priced ($80 per syringe) liquid spores and lower at round $20, is there a big difference between them?

5. Is the average dose for fresh mushrooms about 15/20g for a nice mild trip when in public?

not an expert on growing but yea the stems also have what your after...

and 15/20g of fresh picked might be alot... esp in public... i would say 1g dried would be a nice public trip... but ofcourse depends on where your going... big difference between a concert and goin to the mall ya kno?? your best bet might be to dry em out first so you have a better idea of how much your eattin

Check the shroomery guide - will answer most of your questions.

I've grown loads of mushrooms and never, reinjected a cake etc (I would suspect that you would kill the spores by introducing something 'new'), Yes Eat the stems also :D, I have never noticed a big difference between opened caps or closed - the syringes vary due to the strain they are selling. If there is X brand for 100 and the same X brand for 20$ buy the 20$ one :D - think what you want from the trip, buy based on what your looking for. It's impossible to say mg's - 25 of Mexican or Thai could be a giggly trip - same amount of something like Blue Hawaiin and you would be in for a very heavy night.

Check the shroomery guide - will answer most of your questions.

I've grown loads of mushrooms and never, reinjected a cake etc (I would suspect that you would kill the spores by introducing something 'new'), Yes Eat the stems also :D, I have never noticed a big difference between opened caps or closed - the syringes vary due to the strain they are selling. If there is X brand for 100 and the same X brand for 20$ buy the 20$ one :D - think what you want from the trip, buy based on what your looking for. It's impossible to say mg's - 25 of Mexican or Thai could be a giggly trip - same amount of something like Blue Hawaiin and you would be in for a very heavy night.

Thanks, as far as the active ingredient goes, could you list the top 3 with the most powerful effect?

Thanks, as far as the active ingredient goes, could you list the top 3 with the most powerful effect?

Strongest I've ever had was Blue Hawaiin's (I know this can cover a range but this is what the ones I had were called, really small mushrooms)- they are really potent at low dose. I used to really enjoy the Thai mixed with B+ (used this for clubbing) - but the Colombian and Mexican are such great fun also. No heavy visuals just crazy, crazy laughter for hours and hours (and IMHO a better trip than the Blues).

The liberty caps that grow around in the wild are pretty strong and can give a crazy trip (obviously only pick them if you know what your looking for) - the trips can vary massively though so start off low and work your way up.

15/20g of fresh mushrooms would be to high in my opinion as well, most magics contain about 50% psilocybin and 50% psilocin and when mushies are dried the psilocin breaks down very quick so in theory may be only half as potent. if i was you i would take between 2-3gs of fresh or 4-5g of dried in a public setting. that being said 15/20 grams could be great but you would not be able to function properly in an envirmont like that, better for like 3 friends chillin at home.