PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Mushroom ID request - Bay area - Early May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facekiss

Greenlighter
I know it's off season, but after some rain i kept my eyes peeled and came across these, most were already quite dry, probably from the last rainstorm. They were found above a creek on some wood chip piles in the East Bay Area. The odor is super typical, very much just smells of dried mushroom. It seems to be either Agrocybe or Gymnopilus? With them being a bit sunburnt, it's hard to tell!! Also hard to tell if I found 2 different types of specimens or one is just SUPER dried out. Any input greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    351 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    462.9 KB · Views: 8
Best to try over at The Shroomery. Folks here are disinclined to hazard guesses due to the high likelihood of inaccuracy. Also very few people here are experts, and photos don't give an image that allows for clear identification. A wrong ID could end up with a bad experience.

The first one does not look like any sort of psilocybe to me. The others, perhaps. Like Entheo said above, I'd check out The Shroomery, as they specialize in this over there. Really though, Internet ID of mushrooms is sketchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.