• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Muscle twitch around eye caused by weed?

RC-Lover123

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,
after a long 20 years without much cannabis I decided to use weed again, mainly to overcome my morphine habit. I did stop the morphine in June 2022 and haven't relapsed yet so my strategy of shifting to cannabis seems to work. I eat one cannabis edible with an estimated 30-50mg THC (black market weed with unknown THC content, very good stuff) every evening and drink some wine or beer on top. No other drug or medication use, just cannabis, booze and some coffee.

Annoyingly, I now constantly get this twitching of a small muscle above my left eye. I also get a slight tingling in my fingers, like they have fallen asleep. I have smoked tons of hash and weed when I was younger but I never got that type of side effect. Does anyone here get such an effect from weed? Or is my weed contaminated with some adulterant (synthetic noids, some other toxin?)? The weed looks normal, smells normal and the effects are extremely strong but feel normal, like the very best cannabis that money could buy 20 years ago.

Hi everyone,
after a long 20 years without much cannabis I decided to use weed again, mainly to overcome my morphine habit. I did stop the morphine in June 2022 and haven't relapsed yet so my strategy of shifting to cannabis seems to work. I eat one cannabis edible with an estimated 30-50mg THC (black market weed with unknown THC content, very good stuff) every evening and drink some wine or beer on top. No other drug or medication use, just cannabis, booze and some coffee.

Annoyingly, I now constantly get this twitching of a small muscle above my left eye. I also get a slight tingling in my fingers, like they have fallen asleep. I have smoked tons of hash and weed when I was younger but I never got that type of side effect. Does anyone here get such an effect from weed? Or is my weed contaminated with some adulterant (synthetic noids, some other toxin?)? The weed looks normal, smells normal and the effects are extremely strong but feel normal, like the very best cannabis that money could buy 20 years ago.
Hello can i ask what country you are from?

Germany. We do have testing for synthetic cannabinoids free of charge. Problem is that the weed I buy from this street dealer (I know, I know but that is all I've got...) is different every time I buy. It must be different strains as it always looks different, smells different and tastes different. All the weed that I bought, at least 5 different batches, is really great stuff, significantly better than the weed that I bought in the Netherlands 20 years ago.

Germany. We do have testing for synthetic cannabinoids free of charge. Problem is that the weed I buy from this street dealer (I know, I know but that is all I've got...) is different every time I buy. It must be different strains as it always looks different, smells different and tastes different. All the weed that I bought, at least 5 different batches, is really great stuff, significantly better than the weed that I bought in the Netherlands 20 years ago.
I saw a documentary on synthetic cannabinoids and the main problem area they were showing was actually in Germany. Id just send a bit off for free now and again, especially a bit of a piece you feel is giving you issues just to put your mind at ease.

I once read about how THC affects muscle nerves and I don't remember shit about it.
Bottom point, there are two competiting effects. Twitches can happen. I wouldn't mind about it if it is not intrinsically disturbing.

interestingly i actually had the reverse happen i hadnt had any hash for a couple of weeks and my eye would not stop twitching then after i had some it went lol

I can get eye twitches all the time from smoking depending on stress levels .

I can get eye twitches all the time from smoking depending on stress levels .

Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear. I am pretty sure it is caused by the weed. Whenever I smoke a joint on top of my edible it is worse the next morning and it more or less disappears when I don't use cannabis for a few days.

Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear. I am pretty sure it is caused by the weed. Whenever I smoke a joint on top of my edible it is worse the next morning and it more or less disappears when I don't use cannabis for a few days.
Dude don't worry i am 10000% sure its totally fine :)